Ruckman08

Debutant
Jun 30, 2008
Ashburton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Dragons
Congratulations to the little bulldozer in Xavier Gotch who lastnight took out the Oakleigh chargers best and fairest. A great achievement considering missed a few games to vic.

An also honourable effort to Luke shuey who claimed second , who only played 10 games for oakleigh this year. Exactly half the games and still managed a second. SHUperstar

Burstin, the 19 y.o (i think) won 3rd. 3 very deserving award winners

Great effort.

Should remember that many of their elite players missed 3/4 of the season due to school football commitments like Strauss, Hannebery, O'Sullivan, Sibosado and Nicolopoulos

where do you think gotch lies in draft calculations?
is he rated higher than guys like andrew hooper and jarryd blair?

oh definately. way higher. He was starting rover in a team that won a national championship.Hooper and blair both guns. But gotch has a few more tricks up his sleeve that i think may attract the eye of a few more recruiters than hoops n blair.

Xavier Gotch,
what can you say he is one of the true old fashion skill fill "diesel" like midfielders the arms on the man are a joke his balance is better then that of a ballet, he will defiently go top 40 in this years draft deserves to be in top 20 but i can see clubs not liking his height has any one forgot some his size his type of player BOOMER HARVEY he is tuff ruff and strong! good luck Xavier.
Regards,
Dragons.

i didnt see the chargers play at all this year, but i did play aganist hoegal in school footy and i rate him highly, i saw his stats as you mentioned leading goal kicker for the club and up there in the league, was very suprised to not see his name in the top 3. still 5th or 6th is a good job for a bottom age

WELL DONE TO XAVIER GOTCH, I HOPE HE GETS PICKED UP IS A VERY VERY GOOD PLAYER!!!
i thought it was a right vote count gotch, shuey, burstin, hannaberry and hoegel
all had great years in there circumstances

hoegal was mentoined above before, is bottom age and had a fantastic season! kicked most goals for oaks and 5th in the comp, small type of player with speed and great around goals......... what are his chances for the draft next year and state team??

hoegal was mentoined above before, is bottom age and had a fantastic season! kicked most goals for oaks and 5th in the comp, small type of player with speed and great around goals......... what are his chances for the draft next year and state team??
Chance. Anybody with the goalkicking ability and goalsense that he's got would be of interest.

Questions on him are does he grow a few more cms, and how he performs hopefully spending more of next year on ball.

For a bottom aged kid this year though he did have a high average possession count, a bit above my benchmark for a bottom ager anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ease up darcytiger, his not very short, his 178 and according ti my mates who goes to his school he is getting taller and should grow some more!!!

he should have a super year next year and who knows what could happin.

congrats to xave, but who will go further with their football, Dan hannerbry, Jack Purton smith or Xavie gotch?
Purton Smith is too young, (I think) for this years draft. He's only year 11 anyway.
But he is a gun...
Though he could turn out a bit Tim Fleming or Daniel Jackson ish...(A nut with talent but not quite enough talent, but with balls so will be a team favourite)

Any opinion on the two top age players in bursten and croft?

I rate burstin highly. Got an absolute smokin left foot and i great overhead. I think it's his pace thats an issue and preventing him from taking that extra step up. Really hope he gets a chance on a rookie list or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chargers B&F

Remove this Banner Ad

Back