Prediction Club Champion Top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watching the replay had me thinking about our top 10 after the North game, I’m going with:

Dawson
Tex
Laird
Rankine
Murray
Max
Smith
Keays
ROB
Hinge

Close Milera, Jones, Pedlar

Interesting given at the start of the season our defence might have been considered our weakest area has more possibles than our much vaunted forward line.

1. Dawson
2. Laird
3. Walker
4. Rankine

I reckon that top four is a lock, only possible variance would be whether Laird or Walker finish 2nd.

My guess for the other 6:
5. ROB
6. Keays
7. Smith
8. Jones
9. Sloane
10. Murray

Close would be Max, Hinge, Murphy and Milera and I could see those guys making it in based on performances in the last couple of months.

1. Dawson
2. Laird
3. Walker
4. Rankine

I reckon that top four is a lock, only possible variance would be whether Laird or Walker finish 2nd.

My guess for the other 6:
5. ROB
6. Keays
7. Smith
8. Jones
9. Sloane
10. Murray

Close would be Max, Hinge, Murphy and Milera and I could see those guys making it in based on performances in the last couple of months.
If Sloane finishes that high I’ll puke. No way should he finish higher than Murray, Max, Hinge and Milera. He’s had a number of games where he’s been a non entity, especially for a half

Guess we will see, I suspect he'll be in the top 10. At this point in the season he's third at the club for disposals, third for tackles, second for clearances, and has played every game. Club Champion voting tends to reward consistently solid performances, particularly if we are talking about the top 10 rather than the winner.

I think coaches votes are a decent guide. Dawson has received votes in 10/15 games, followed by Rankine (7), Laird and Walker (6 each), ROB, Sloane, Keays and Jones (3 each) and then Smith, Thilthorpe and Doedee who have recieved votes twice.

Obviously still 8 games to go but my guess is all those players who have received coaches' votes on three occasions will finish top 10 in the club champion voting. The other spots will probably go to consistent defenders who are less likely to be in the top 5 players on the ground but pick up some votes each week. So that's where Smith, Murray and possibly Hinge/Milera/Max come in.

Usually there's a bunch of role players finishing unusually high so I'll go with

1. Dawson
2. Walker
3. Laird
4. O'Brien
5. Rankine
6. Keays
7. Jones
8. Hinge
9. Smith
10. Murphy

I could also see Michalanney, Sloane, Pedlar and Rachele around the mark depending on how much "played their role" they did

Watching the replay had me thinking about our top 10 after the North game, I’m going with:

Dawson
Tex
Laird
Rankine
Murray
Max
Smith
Keays
ROB
Hinge

Interesting given at the start of the season our defence might have been considered our weakest area has more possibles than our much vaunted forward line.

Quality topic.

Hard to argue with that top 10, but I think Pedlar is a lock and would replace Hinge.

Fog would have to be close to that group of Milera & Jones as well.

Usually there's a bunch of role players finishing unusually high so I'll go with

1. Dawson
2. Walker
3. Laird
4. O'Brien
5. Rankine
6. Keays
7. Jones
8. Hinge
9. Smith
10. Murphy

I could also see Michalanney, Sloane, Pedlar and Rachele around the mark depending on how much "played their role" they did
Agree with your top 4.

1. Dawson
2. Walker
3. Laird
4. O'Brien
5. Murray
6. Jones
7. Rankine
8. Hinge
9. Keays
10. Michalanney

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Most B+Fs are participation awards.

Having 23 good games is better than 20 very good games and missing a few games injured.

Having said that, we've been very settled this year 18 players have either played every game or only missed 1.

So right now I would say

1. Laird
2. Dawson
3. O'Brien
4. Walker
5. Rankine
6. Murray
7. Rachele
8. Sloane
9. Milera
10. Keays

1. Dawson
2. Walker
3. Laird
4. O'Brien
5. Rankine
6. Keays
7. Jones
8. Hinge
9. Smith
10. Murphy

You didn't rate Murray in your top 14. Any reason?

1. Dawson
2. Walker
3. Laird
4. O'Brien
5. Rankine
6. Keays
7. Jones
8. Hinge
9. Smith
10. Murphy

Murphy, not sure about that, guess that was one of your roll players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun little game Georgey boy.

Dawson
Laird
Tex
Rankine
ROB
Murray
Michalanney
Rachele
Smith

Pool to fill 10th: Keays, Pedlar, Jones & Hinge.

Jacket next 10 years: Jake Soligo.

Edit: If Sloane is anywhere near the top 10 we know the boys club still runs deep. Very, very deep.

Last edited:
Quality topic.

Hard to argue with that top 10, but I think Pedlar is a lock and would replace Hinge.

Fog would have to be close to that group of Milera & Jones as well.
not sure Fog could possibly be higher than Hinge. He has been my biggest disappointment despite some junk goals last week.

Brad Jpjnson has 3 Crows in his predicted AA squad - Tex, Rankine and Dawson - well done Rediy !

Dawson
Tex
Laird
Rankine
Murray
Max
Smith
Keays
ROB
Hinge

smith has largely been awful this year. A complete non-entity. Has barely pinpointed anyone forward and if we removed his kick ins, would be struggling statistically. Overtaken comfortably by Milera, which is saying something.

smith has largely been awful this year. A complete non-entity. Has barely pinpointed anyone forward and if we removed his kick ins, would be struggling statistically. Overtaken comfortably by Milera, which is saying something.
I don’t agree on Smith, had a quiet game or 2 early on but I reckon he’s had a good year. Been good defensively and provided good drive.

I don’t agree on Smith, had a quiet game or 2 early on but I reckon he’s had a good year. Been good defensively and provided good drive.

disagree. He's one of the first 'must upgrade' to move us from bottom top 8 contender to genuine challenger. He's in the same bracket as Murphy, Ned, Sloane and Keays. Our best 23 is competent, those 5 bottom 22 players need to be replaced with top 12 players and we'll be a serious contender. As long as 1 or 2 are are elite mids.

If Smith did an ACL, we'd be no worse. That's where he's at. And he's not alone.

disagree. He's one of the first 'must upgrade' to move us from bottom top 8 contender to genuine challenger. He's in the same bracket as Murphy, Ned, Sloane and Keays. Our best 23 is competent, those 5 bottom 22 players need to be replaced with top 12 players and we'll be a serious contender. As long as 1 or 2 are are elite mids.

If Smith did an ACL, we'd be no worse. That's where he's at. And he's not alone.
Thats a crap comment

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats a crap comment

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's pathetic....he now shows so much hate towards our club.

One thing to have criticism, but ongoing hatred means he is unhinged.

Wishing any player to be injured is only done by a shit human being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Club Champion Top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back