Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

How many turned up to see Richmond play GWS today?
Remember that Richmond got 95k to a preliminary final against GWS in 2017, so they would have surely got at least half that today?
Less than 20k to answer your question.

You would think that three flags would have bought some goodwill and loyalty amongst their fans, but it seems most have deserted them.

Collingwood and this season is why. Put Collingwood in Richmond's spot and they still draw. Home and interstate. Not as close as some deluded Tigs supporters like to pretend either.

You should change your name to the deluded cat do a bit of research 🙄
Every big club has average to bad crowds pies included.

The below figures are from pies prelim year!

2022 V Crows 36K (G)
25K v Eagles (Marvel)
28 V Suns (G)
30K V GWS (G)
Check out this doozy from 2016 at the G, 20K v Freo

Disappointing from the “tiger army “

Yeo it was poor no excuses but some gws fan commenting bout loyalty lmao ain't about loyalty! I was there as usual but Many fans are disillusioned with the club and its direction especially only 4 years after winning the flag.

I will say considering we've only had two wins and are 18th "apart from yesterday" our attendances have been pretty good. We are 4th in attendances!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo it was poor no excuses but some gws fan commenting bout loyalty lmao ain't about loyalty! I was there as usual but Many fans are disillusioned with the club and its direction especially only 4 years after winning the flag.

I will say considering we've only had two wins and are 18th "apart from yesterday" our attendances have been pretty good. We are 4th in attendances!
Is this correct about fans being disillusioned with the direction? Tiger fans I know understand situation they are in and realise need to go the draft and build up. Not sure they are disillusioned

Is this correct about fans being disillusioned with the direction? Tiger fans I know understand situation they are in and realise need to go the draft and build up. Not sure they are disillusioned

Seems you misunderstood my point. It's not about the rebuild. We totally understand that side of it that our star players are older plus retirements etc

It's strength and conditioning dept a disaster with how many injuries we've had especially with soft tissue.

Benny Gale taken the job at Tasmania and many saying don't hear from him anymore like we have seen last decade.

The club asking for money for the development of punt Road but many believe there is no engagement between the club and the fans unlike the dynasty years. Only time we have heard from Benny was when he sent the brochure out in the mail and went on social media regarding needing the fans to dig deep which from my end I don't have an issue with but I'd say many are entitled to feel aggrieved.

And various other issues that supporters are ticked off with.

Wonder how quickly Richmond will be back to early 90s crowds, when 15k against a non-Melbourne team is a huge turn-out?

Easily the biggest bunch of fair weather fans going around are the Tigers.

Stop talking shit, Provide these 15K crowds in the 90's because I looked on AFL tables and there isn't any.
18K and 19K at the G pretty much 20 years ago and the 19K on Sunday but your pies had 17K V GC and 20K V Freo in the last 8 years. I have said numerous times when your mob are losing you drop off like flies.
Even in your prelim year of 2022 you had some average crowds 25K V Eagles, 28K V Suns and 30K V GWS

We can keep going back and forth digging up low crowds every team has them including your mob.

Last edited:
Stop talking shit, Provide these 15K crowds in the 90's because I looked on AFL tables and there isn't any.
You didnt look very hard.

After many low 10ks crowds in the early 90s.

1993 in Rd1 even with the optimism of a new season could only get 18k

Rd2 back under 15k on Friday night

Later in the year just 6k and the lowest crowd of any game ALL season in 1993

Tigers have always been soft front runners.

You didnt look very hard.

After many low 10ks crowds in the early 90s.

1993 in Rd1 even with the optimism of a new season could only get 18k

Rd2 back under 15k on Friday night

Later in the year just 6k and the lowest crowd of any game ALL season in 1993

Tigers have always been soft front runners.

Bahahahaha 31 years ago against the Brisbane bears Lol and dredging up a crowd at princess park double lol
As if it counts at princess park hence why I wouldn't bring up any crowds no matter how small at Vic Park

The Tigers home ground is the MCG now show me these multiple 15K crowds at the G in the 90's you wont find them.

Oh btw Pies had 17K just 8 years ago V GC and 20K V Freo 8 years ago.

Seriously you're embarrassing yourself with your desperation putting up princess park :rolleyes: time for a nap old fella you literally need it. Leaving it there

Last edited:
Bahahahaha 31 years ago against the Brisbane bears Lol and dredging up a crowd at princess park double lol
As if it counts at princess park hence why I wouldn't bring up any crowds no matter how small at Vic Park

The Tigers home ground is the MCG now show me these multiple 15K crowds at the G in the 90's you wont find them.

Oh btw Pies had 17K just 8 years ago V GC and 20K V Freo 8 years ago.

Seriously you're embarrassing yourself with your desperation putting up princess park :rolleyes: time for a nap old fella you literally need it. Leaving it there
Collingwood's home ground is the MCG however you're fixated on some crowd from Marvel against GC 8 years ago

Collingwood's home ground is the MCG however you're fixated on some crowd from Marvel against GC 8 years ago

I'm not fixated on anything simply stating 20K V Freo and 17K V GC as both are under 10 years ago. I also stated in your prelim year crowds in the 20s V Eagles and GC. Your desperado pies mate going back 3 decades :tearsofjoy: and mentioning suburban grounds like princess park lmao!

I know when the 90s were.

My point, which you appear a bit slow to grasp, was how quickly Richmond of the 21st century will venture back to early 90s crowds when the Tigers would get 15k to home games at the G.

Tiger "fans" have form as willing to abandon the club when they have a down period.

Good luck finding a crowd of 6k at VicPark in the 90s.

In 1993, it was a Richmond home game in Melbourne that pulled just 6k, to be the smallest crowd for the entire season.

Tiger fans unrivalled as soft front runners who go missing if the team is poor.
I just gave you some from 93 before

Take a look at 92 next.

17k to WC at the G

17k to Syd at the G

13k to Bris at the G

10k to Adel at the G

Could only get 20k to Hawks at the G

So 19k is actually a good crowd for a Tiger home game. Look on the bright side, quick to get a beer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Back