Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Slobbo Robbo can't even talk properly. His brains are mash from all the grog.
How he's even still got a TV gig is beyond me.
As for Whateley - he's as cringeworthy on 360 as he is on everything else. Absolute nonce that bloke.

It’s not an umpiring mistake so has no bearing on the fairness of the outcome unlike some goals they kicked from blunders during the game like the Cox protected zone and Markov 50m penalty when he was going outside 5 in a continuous motion and shouldn’t have been called to stand.

But the advantage rule as it is written does not make sense and needs to be changed. In fact I think the afl would have changed it last year except they probably wanted to avoid controversy so they’ll do it next year I reckon. All you have to do is look at soccer. The player has to choose whether or not they take the advantage or not (not the ref) and if the resulting outcome of continuous play does not end up advantaging the attacking team then it is recalled. There’s still a grey area there of course but the players just need to be educated on continuing play post whistle if they want.

In Bailey’s case a new interpretation of the rule would mean bringing the ball back for them to kick it inside 50 because they didn’t mark the ball from the advantage. I know it feels foreign but that’s how it works in other sports.
Advantage rule is fine. They tried the player chooses in 11 and it was a shambles
As for the GF the whistle going and Bailey's kick was a split second. Should've been called back as was 100s of times during the year and an eyelid wouldn't have been batted. 5050 call which pies benefited from imo

Slobbo Robbo can't even talk properly. His brains are mash from all the grog.
How he's even still got a TV gig is beyond me.
As for Whateley - he's as cringeworthy on 360 as he is on everything else. Absolute nonce that bloke.
He may well be a nonce but everyone knows drinking makes you smarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar Murphy is spewing and then he gets a look of gee you have to admire that

You guys are so much better than me at interpreting facial expressions. I look at Murphy through that and to me he barely shows any emotion at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back