List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You reckon he'll be developed as a defender? McMahon was an ordinary VFL level footballer. I was criticised for saying it earlier in the year also. Begg has more going for him though imo.
i think defence is the likely initial trial for Begg - his ultra competitiveness is a huge upgrade on McMahon.

THe old sub rule didn't have the medical opponent. It was unpopular - I can't remember why - so they scrapped it. What was the issue with it?

It was shit, players often missed vfl to play a single quarter or nothing at all. Hindering development of youth.

Players debuts were coming on as a last minute sub.

They took away a spot from the 4 Interchange.

There were other things to iirc.

I'm proud to have genetically progressed further than most. After one of those dot tests, a doctor once told me that I'm not colour blind, but I'm bloody close. I envy those folk who are the real deal

Pity your not the first recorded male Tetrachromat.

The bench will increase not decrease as it did in 2011.

Personally I’d keep the sub. He only comes on if there’s an injury or tactical reason.

Five on the bench rotations is overkill. I reckon the formula is about right so it only needs a tweak… remove the medical rule which is easily manipulated around.

Whys it overkill when there is a capped Interchange rule?

It was s**t, players often missed vfl to play a single quarter or nothing at all. Hindering development of youth.

Players debuts were coming on as a last minute sub.

They took away a spot from the 4 Interchange.

There were other things to iirc.
It's the same with the current sub rule

This implies we could upgrade Ginni. Which then opens up a rookie spot.

COLLINGWOOD

Arrivals:
Billy Frampton (traded/Adelaide), Bobby Hill (traded/GWS Giants), Dan McStay (free agency/Brisbane), Tom Mitchell (traded/Hawthorn)

Departures: Callum Brown (delisted), Tyler Brown (delisted), Isaac Chugg (delisted), Brodie Grundy (traded/Melbourne), Ollie Henry (traded/Geelong), Mark Keane (retired), Jack Madgen (delisted), Liam McMahon (delisted), Cooper Murley (delisted), Caleb Poulter (delisted), Jordan Roughead (retired)

Uncontracted: None

Contracted: 38 (one category B rookie)

Draft picks: 16, 25, 27, 51

The Magpies were one of the busiest clubs in the trade period – bringing in four players who could all be in the best 23 from round 1 – and have three quality draft picks to help fill their remaining five spots. They can also add a second category B rookie. Collingwood is committed to redrafting the contracted Murley in the rookie draft, if another club doesn’t get in first. Jack Ginnivan and John Noble are prime candidates to be promoted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two is the right number on interchange.
Just nostalgia reasons, or other reasons?

Personally, I don't want the game slowed down by too much fatigue, I think with current defensive strategies that'd lead to too much parking of the bus.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back