List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a opposition fan I can’t wait to watch Daicos play he is going to be a star
As an opposition fan (who lived in Yarraville for the past 6 years) I absolutely love watching the Dogs play. Best of luck for the coming years - you guys have a flag or 2 in you, I have no doubt about that.

As an opposition fan (who lived in Yarraville for the past 6 years) I absolutely love watching the Dogs play. Best of luck for the coming years - you guys have a flag or 2 in you, I have no doubt about that.

Second this. Great seeing all the colours and pride out in the west during grand final week.

Amazing what a club can do when they don’t waste their 1st rd picks and draft proper KPPs rather than Cat B rookies

Hammelmann is the obvious one for me. Krueger and Johnson very speculative, or perhaps ultimately better down back still... Kelly is no forward...

Hammelmann moves well, good hands and is a long accurate kick

Relying too much on Mihocek and Cameron... room for another KPF

Beyond that I just hope they take someone who is ready to play with pick 2 in the rookie draft.

Not some quidditch playing 17 year old Scandinavian because he leaps like a meerkat and runs 20m like he has stolen something.
What, if anything, is the perceived weakness of Hammelmann?

He got delisted by Brisbane?

Hammelmann dominated the NEAFL in 2019 on his way to winning the leading goal kicker award with 66 for the season. The former Brisbane Lion spent two years at the AFL club and played 12 games but has set the VFL alight in his first season in the competition, kicking 16 goals in his first three games (over five per game) to lead the goal kicking alongside Blue Ben Crocker. He is averaging over a goal a game more than the next player in the VFL. Hammelmann is an elite field kick and shot for goal, and has added dynamic aerial prowess in recent years to complement his size and strength. He is averaging eight marks per game playing as a traditional full forward for the Hornets, and has put himself right in the conversation for the AFL mid-season draft with his blistering start to the VFL season.

Profile before the MSD.

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't draft him.

I don’t know what those with more acumen would detract from his game. But I think the issue for many on here will be his delisting..

But if you look at the talls the lions had at the time he was cut their list

plus they had academy kid Connor Ballenden that year coming through that year

They obviously made an early decision on him. And he’s now a better player than then

I don’t know what those with more acumen would detract from his game. But I think the issue for many on here will be his delisting..

But if you look at the talls the lions had at the time he was cut their list

plus they had academy kid Connor Ballenden that year coming through that year

They obviously made an early decision on him. And he’s now a better player than then
Who knows? Maybe professionalism or something else he seems to have learnt from.

The club has come out and made it clear that this age isn't what they are going for. He's cooked and being rookied by GC.

Knightmares strength is talent recognition more so than list management.

In saying that, he saw that Lyons was the better value pickup than Beams... but we brought in the later unfortunately

The club has come out and made it clear that this age isn't what they are going for. He's cooked and being rookied by GC.
Hope you are living up to your name because this is one of the worst takes I’ve seen this year.

Not the worst ever, but it’s up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we should be taking chances or risk on taller players anyway, some that have been flagged on this forum look good even though just highlights, the last few years with picks like Sier, Chugg, Atu etc just not working out for me, they need at least some xfactor and height is a start.
Chugg has had one season on the list. There are plenty of successful AFL players who had stinkers of first years.

He doesn't seem too concerned.

I don't understand why he would. The Suns have said that they are forced to take 3 picks into the draft and so asked a couple of players to basically do them a favour and allow them to delist and re-draft them all on the same terms/contract etc. they were already on. They aren't looking at moving these players on.

I don't understand why he would. The Suns have said that they are forced to take 3 picks into the draft and so asked a couple of players to basically do them a favour and allow them to delist and re-draft them all on the same terms/contract etc. they were already on. They aren't looking at moving these players on.
Exactly. It would be cruel of another club to pinch a player who doesn't want to go anywhere while there is an agreement between player and his club.
I'd imagine in this situations, the players manager makes it clear to all clubs dont bother even thinking about it.

Exactly. It would be cruel of another club to pinch a player who doesn't want to go anywhere while there is an agreement between player and his club.
I'd imagine in this situations, the players manager makes it clear to all clubs dont bother even thinking about it.
It's such a pointless rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back