List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the suggestion made by some of Setterfield (192cm 87kg) if we're looking for some cut price midfield options with scope for improvement.

Turns 25 in February, former pick 5 selection, missed I think basically a couple of seasons with injury but finished the season strongly against Melbourne and Collingwood in the AFL / VFL final.

I know someone who is friends with Fiorini's parents. There were rumours of Collingwood looking at him mid-way through the year and I asked him if he had any intel.

He said he loves it up on the GC and plans to live there life after football and would prefer to stay with GC. But there is some interest from Melbourne clubs and he's not against moving to Vic for more game time and moving back to GC life after football.
That’s what I call a good bit of intel/rumour

Dont want him to go too well! If he comes out and kicks 6 Brissy will want to re-sign him
He’s an unrestricted free agent. What Brisbane wants is irrelevant at this point.

Hawks want to offload Mitchell, so why don’t you think he’ll be cheap?
If someone is trying to offload a house, will it be cheap? Just because your selling doesnt mean you have to accept an offer. Hopefully we can hold onto Grundy if the offers are bad. The question is how desperate are Hawthorn? Hopefully a 3rd rounder is enough but my feeling is that they will want at least 2 x 3rd rounders or a 2nd.

I think Frampton, McStay and Hill are effectively done deals. Poulter may be exchanged for Frampton and a pick or something like that because it seems he is leaving.

Mitchell and Fiorini would be the additional extras in the trade period and I'm fans of both, particularly if Mitchell costs a third round pick.

Interesting development about Henry. Essendon have three 2020 first round selections so it seems odd to be chasing another and apparently, his management said he had signed a two year deal when one poster rang them. They are also chasing De Goey so watch this space.

Richmond can brag all they like but at the end of the day, those B graders will set us back considerably less and may well push us further up the ladder in 2023. I suspect negotiations will not pan out well and there will have to be some work done to secure the services of Taranto.

Richmond chasing Hopper and Taranto smacks of Hawthorn giving up all their first round picks to acquire Jaeger O'Meara and Chad Wingard to try extend their window. Will do nothing but hurt their rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone is trying to offload a house, will it be cheap? Just because your selling doesnt mean you have to accept an offer. Hopefully we can hold onto Grundy if the offers are bad. The question is how desperate are Hawthorn? Hopefully a 3rd rounder is enough but my feeling is that they will want at least 2 x 3rd rounders or a 2nd.
Spend some time today on the Hawks board before getting booted off for suggesting a 3rd rounder for Mitchell. The general theme there was that it would require a pick around 25 and we pay 100% of his contract. If that's the club's position too, I can see why we're chasing Fiorini!

Spend some time today on the Hawks board before getting booted off for suggesting a 3rd rounder for Mitchell. The general theme there was that it would require a pick around 25 and we pay 100% of his contract. If that's the club's position too, I can see why we're chasing Fiorini!
Sounds a bit like some of the expectations we had for the departures of Treloar and Stephenson

They seem to want him gone so I doubt they're getting that

They seem to want him gone so I doubt they're getting that
You could be right, the Hawk's posters didn't appreciate it when I pointed out that the Hawk's Club Site doesn't include Mitchell's '21 BF win under his honours (might need to check the Pies site!)

I quite like the suggestion made by some of Setterfield (192cm 87kg) if we're looking for some cut price midfield options with scope for improvement.

Turns 25 in February, former pick 5 selection, missed I think basically a couple of seasons with injury but finished the season strongly against Melbourne and Collingwood in the AFL / VFL final.
Too slow.

Using the house analogy, value of the house ( Mitchell) is going down every year and when the house becomes a wreck, there’s no land value to fall back on.

It’s now or never for the Hawks.

Using the house analogy, value of the house ( Mitchell) is going down every year and when the house becomes a wreck, there’s no land value to fall back on.

It’s now or never for the Hawks.
He still might have some value next year (3rd rounder and I dont think he is a free agent). But I think Mitchell might be desperate to play elsewhere (due to reduced midfield time) and this is Hawthorns last chance to get something half decent for him. I still think they will stick there noses up at a 3rd rounder this year.

He still might have some value next year (3rd rounder and I dont think he is a free agent). But I think Mitchell might be desperate to play elsewhere (due to reduced midfield time) and this is Hawthorns last chance to get something half decent for him. I still think they will stick there noses up at a 3rd rounder this year.
2 third rounders then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back