List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought this one would go the way of the Henry trade and we talk ourselves into a frenzy over the chance of bringing in Houston only to be left flat as tacks when he lands elsewhere. Cornes comments to me though are a reflection of how serious our chase of Houston is. If he’s piping up we’re either in the box seat or as close to as you can get.
I laughed when he described Perryman as a fringe player at the giants. He was in the leadership group and came 8th in their B&F this year, but yeah he’s a fringe player.

How salty can you get 😂

What/why/when? Could you clarify?
You think/assume Houston only wants to go to Blues, yes?

If that was the case, he probably wouldn't have bothered meeting with us at all. It was reported last week that he met up with us.

If, he only wants to go to Blues, and they can't get the deal done, then he'd likely just stay at Port. And maybe try again next year.

I thought he wanted to come back to Victoria.

Here are my Thoughts I have going into the Trade Period:

I would not mind us getting Tomlinson on the Cheap. Give us some Depth Tall. Did well with Roughead and Dunn in Past

Dan Houston be a Great Get but think might cost us too Much

Be great to get Pick 13 in Noble Trade but doubt it Happens

Matt Kenndy from Blues be a Good Get as a Inside Bull to help Tom Mitchel as he also has 1 year left

Hobbs also be a Good Get IF we get him Cheap

Won't be Desperate for Mids after getting Perryman Signed on Friday

We really need to get some KPP Players but not sure who. Doubt Lord leaved Port

So now for Discussion and Arguments for the Trade Period in 2024

If that was the case, he probably wouldn't have bothered meeting with us at all. It was reported last week that he met up with us.

If, he only wants to go to Blues, and they can't get the deal done, then he'd likely just stay at Port. And maybe try again next year.

He met with North too. They could get a deal done tomorrow.
North are in Victoria.

There where some Social Media/Facebook Rumors saying deal would be done Quickly

99.9% that just Trolls making stuff up
Forty percent of all people know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got a message from a friend close to Richards.. The trade request has been put in.

Chris Davies speaking on Radio the other day, pretty much labeled him as depth.. with SPP coming back too.. I don't think it's smart by Richards, but enjoy Joey.
Why does he want out?
3 year offer by Pies / stay in Vic

Does it come down to he believes he will get much more opportunity at Power?

Another Collingwood supporter:
Start it now!

whisper.gif

Why does he want out?
3 year offer by Pies / stay in Vic

Does it come down to he believes he will get much more opportunity at Power?
I believe it's opportunity. Port have been keen for awhile and had the deal there. Pies only came late with three years after Harvey Harrisons ACL.

Port were keen to draft him initially too apparently.

Just because somebody tells us what we don’t want to hear, it doesn’t mean that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

I’m yet to hear anybody argue how Cornes is wrong on this point.

(I hope he is wrong, but I don’t see how he can be unless our aging list somehow has a better run of injuries)

The whole Richmond example and premise is wrong. Richmond didn't plummet because they traded for Hopper and Tarranto. They'd most likely be a worse team currently if they had have taken those picks to the draft and didn't have those players on their list.

He's also wrong because we're replacing them quicker than we're losing them. And if we do get Houston, we're not just replacing them, we're upgrading them. And frankly Houston, Schultz and Perryman are much more likely to keep us from plummeting than our first round picks - Allan and HDM.

He met with North too. They could get a deal done tomorrow.
North are in Victoria.
Do you honestly think that Collingwood would be bothering making a genuine play for this trade if Houston wasn’t interested in playing for them?

The only thing we can take from Houston not nominating Norf at this point is that they’re his least preferred destination.

There where some Social Media/Facebook Rumors saying deal would be done Quickly

99.9% that just Trolls making stuff up
Zero chance they’re true because of the likelihood that multiple deals revolve around that deal that also need to be done. In the case of the blues they need a future 2nd, then 13 and finally need to put together a package for Houston. For us Lukocious and Richard’s probably need to be tied into it.

Essentially for Collingwood to land Houston it’s going to be a deadline day trade, IMO.

Do you honestly think that Collingwood would be bothering making a genuine play for this trade if Houston wasn’t interested in playing for them?

The only thing we can take from Houston not nominating Norf at this point is that they’re his least preferred destination.
Didn't he also say he wanted to play for a big club? Or did I imagine that? Hard to keep up with what's fact or fiction on here.

But that would also rule North out.

Just got a message from a friend close to Richards.. The trade request has been put in.

Chris Davies speaking on Radio the other day, pretty much labeled him as depth.. with SPP coming back too.. I don't think it's smart by Richards, but enjoy Joey.

When was the request put in?

Maybe Chris Davies was wearing his Collingwood hat when talking about depth lol - Based on what I saw in the finals, Richards will walk straight into that team. Their forward line was trash.

If you had asked me 12 months ago, I would not have cared. In fact I would have been surprised.

But kudos for Richards for putting himself in a position that he is desired by other clubs. Good luck to the kid. Now Leppa get us something good in return.

Regardless of any point he may make and whether it be valid or otherwise. He should just **** off anyway because he is a twat

Cornes is damn good at his job.

You might not like what he says (and maybe a lot of people don’t) …

… but he gets people talking. And he does that better than any other footy media person at the moment.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back