List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just makes sense.

Port want Richards, Richards has nominated Port.
GC want Noble, Noble has nominated GC.
GC are looking for future picks and looking to offload pick 13.

Houston keen to move back to VIC. Plays for Port who are keen on one of our players.

Surely this can get done.
At least if he comes to Collingwood he’ll get to play in a Collingwood jumper rather than hoping to a couple of times a year at Port 😜

I think you make some good points, but the way I describe it is Houston hits the best two kicks I’ve seen in GF’s (McCluccage’s in the 1st Q 2024 and Maynard’s in the 2nd Q 2023) on a weekly basis. He can literally pick the eyes out of it over a 60 metre range and is the best to do it in that part of the ground since Jimmy Clement, IMO.

If you can add that D50 rebound layer back to our game to give us a bit of Brisbane’s hold hold go it really shores up our ball movement which deserted us for large stretches of 2024. As a middling stoppage team we need to be good in transition and Houston is better than 2022 Nick in that capacity.

Pretty good comparison I think. I am not sure if he quite has Jimmy's one-on-one ability but maybe. Overall I am cautious about going all in on a halfback with a big price tag but one thing swaying me aside from the obvious skills is Houston seems to be a real heart-and-soul type too.

You can't have too many good players.

I think our interpretation differs. I took it as being available, but only for the right price. It would be the cause of Ralphy’s indignation in the form of the 13, 23 and 29 deal.
Yeah, paraphrasing his quote slightly

"We're thinking about winning now but also the future, if we can get someone now that will help us win we may trade the pick, but we're not just gonna give it away, we need to give our fans hope for the future"

Pretty good comparison I think. I am not sure if he quite has Jimmy's one-on-one ability but maybe. Overall I am cautious about going all in on a halfback with a big price tag but one thing swaying me aside from the obvious skills is Houston seems to be a real heart-and-soul type too.

You can't have too many good players.
Absolutely not the defensive capability! Clement is one of one in that regard and I think the only bloke currently close to him is Weitering. I’m purely talking foot skills. Houston is at a similar level to Clement in an overall capacity, but does it differently.

Why are they so angry? They got 33yo Nick Haynes already so the future looks bright

I’ve met Haynes’ Dad and he’s a ripping bloke. I wish Nick all the best when not playing us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to get Houston. Haven't seen much of him tbh.
But doesn't seem to be a list need for me. Not sure his impact will be huge, but happy to be told otherwise.

From a list build perspective, you can usually develop flankers, and its a good position to develop youth.
I'd think that we should be using our picks on key pieces and needs: KP and inside/gun mid.

In one breath you say you haven’t seen much of him and in the next you say that he doesn’t seem to be a list need…🤷🏻‍♂️

Houston is a gun. Back-to-back AA, Club B&F winner and one of the very best kicks of a football in the entire comp. He can turn defence into a scoring opportunity in the blink of an eye. His decision-making and execution under pressure are highlights. His skill-set and age make him a huge list need. I will personally be thrilled if we land him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
The scums list boss was very fixated on draft picks and going to the draft.. hopefully a good sign

Win-win for them.

Miss out on Houston and instead of being embarrassed about missing out they can role out the company line about not wanting to trade away their future, etc.

Carlton supporters already panicking on their board.
Makes for good reading. Apparently we're on the downslide with our "ancient list" and they're the next big thing.

They fail to realise they've drafted poorly since taking Walsh at pick 1 and have a list currently in its prime that produced a season only equal on points as Collingwood despite having a significantly easier draw. Collingwood are better right now, and adding Perryman and possibly Houston. The Blues have added Nick Haynes.

Happy to get Houston. Haven't seen much of him tbh.
But doesn't seem to be a list need for me. Not sure his impact will be huge, but happy to be told otherwise.

From a list build perspective, you can usually develop flankers, and its a good position to develop youth.
I'd think that we should be using our picks on key pieces and needs: KP and inside/gun mid.
I would disagree, I think defence is our primary area of need. With the exit of Murphy our backline really struggled this season, giving up sometimes multiple 4 goal bleeds in games. The midfield is obviously an area that needs to be bolstered, but with the arrival of Perryman it's a concern that can be properly addressed next off-season. For now we have enough depth to have a good run at it.

port , GC and pies have the necessary picks and players to get a glorious three way done. Let get on with it.

If we do get 13, 23,29 for Noble and F1 , and send 13, Richards and later second pick for Houston. I would try our best to use 23 and 29 to either slingshot up the draft, or use one the two to bring in another established player to strengthen our list for a premiership run next season.

Absolutely not the defensive capability! Clement is one of one in that regard and I think the only bloke currently close to him is Weitering. I’m purely talking foot skills. Houston is at a similar level to Clement in an overall capacity, but does it differently.

Jimmy is among my favourite 10 Pies from a bloody long time following them. And yes, I can see what you mean with the kicking skills. Noble is good at getting the forward momentum going but Houston is next level kicking and I think we probably need to evolve from the swarming from the back line to get back to the top.

The kick from McLuggage in the GF was a key moment, I think. He waited, waited, waited and hit an unsung Lester? I think it was without breaking stride. Completely opened up the Swans, even after holding up the ball. Not sure if it was a pre-planned thing or just instinctively great play from McLuggage.

We have a few blokes who would take on that kick (IQ, Maynard, Howe) but to have a bloke like Houston doing it is enticing, for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back