List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

good lord Trade Radio

They just KEEP willing Carlton to get involved in Houston lol

Like the Tom Morris suggestion that Carlton get pick 14 from Richmond, which they will get from WC for Baker, and then Carlton offer pick 14 and a future 2nd for Houston.
Whilst we would have pick 13, Richards and probably a swap of other pics...Wonder which one PA will take....🤔
The media will hate us to get Houston!!

We've got to hope we don't see much improvement for North. He's said he needs to see that before considering to re-sign with them.
They have got Darling and looking at Luke Parker, Caleb Daniel and even Houston. He may be on their recruiting team.

Sorry everyone for derailing thread. I know this thread is about us.

Id correct that...our midfield was A grade in 22/23..there are question marks of 5 of the 6 players you mention going into 2025.

Pendles (37 in 2025), Sidebottom (34) and Crisp (32) all had patchy years. Some good games, some bad ones. Thats what happens as you age, the relentless consistency that players show at their peak disappears. All 3 showed signs of deterioration. Sure injuries didnt help Pendles, but thats what happens when you play into your late 30s, you accumulate injuries. They just aren't reliable week in, week out A graders anymore.

JDG (a mere strip of a lad at 29) copped two pretty bad injuries. His game is based on power and explosiveness. Groin issues are chronic and insidious injuries, that can really linger and cause players to lose their zip - look at late Luke Ball vs early Luke Ball who was actually quite fast when he started. Serious hammy issues can also rob you of pace. Look how long it took Treloar to recover his zip after that double hammy injury of 2018. So will JDG be back to his best in 2025? Who knows?

Mitchell (32) has also had a chronic and insidious injury - plantar fascitis. Will he return to his best?

As for the long term - Ed allan has only played 2 games, McGuane is still in the U18s. Given the age of Dad's army listed above we are going to need a lot more coming through than just these two kids...

Treloar just had a career best year at 31 and probably isn't going to fall off the cliff suddenly at 32. Why would our early 30s mids? Sure Pendles and Sidebottom are on their last legs, but they're just there to provide leadership and play a big role in maybe 5-10 games. The core of the midfield will be carried by Naicos, JDG, Mitchell, Crisp and now also a prime age 26 year old Perryman. That's a pretty good spread of midfielders.

I'm not sure what other midfielder we could've targeted this trade period that isn't also old (Macrae, Parker?) or doesn't hold a candle to Houston (Kennedy? Smith?).

If Allan only playing 2 games and McGuane still in the U18s is also an issue, going to the draft will just pick up another untried kid that runs into the same issues? As it stands, it's already going to be difficult giving Allan enough midfield minutes next year to properly develop him. We've seen with Reef/Macrae how much it stunts development when they've reached a stage where they're dominating VFL but unable to give them consistent minutes to step up into the AFL.

Treloar just had a career best year at 31 and probably isn't going to fall off the cliff suddenly at 32. Why would our early 30s mids? Sure Pendles and Sidebottom are on their last legs, but they're just there to provide leadership and play a big role in maybe 5-10 games. The core of the midfield will be carried by Naicos, JDG, Mitchell, Crisp and now also a prime age 26 year old Perryman. That's a pretty good spread of midfielders.

I'm not sure what other midfielder we could've targeted this trade period that isn't also old (Macrae, Parker?) or doesn't hold a candle to Houston (Kennedy? Smith?).

If Allan only playing 2 games and McGuane still in the U18s is also an issue, going to the draft will just pick up another untried kid that runs into the same issues? As it stands, it's already going to be difficult giving Allan enough midfield minutes next year to properly develop him. We've seen with Reef/Macrae how much it stunts development when they've reached a stage where they're dominating VFL but unable to give them consistent minutes to step up into the AFL.
And another reason to target Houston for me. He could easily play as an outside flanker/winger.

Not just a half back flanker imo.

2021 Nick Daicos 4 (but keep in mind we did not have pick 4 .,......that was a father son pick!)

You're right we didn't have pick #4 we had Pick #2 and traded it early.

Stephenson was just poor selection overall considering the talent around him, just as easily be Naughton who'd be an even bigger household name at Pieland.

I find it interesting that people think we will never go down the ladder every year. It's hubris.

Stephenson was just poor selection overall considering the talent around him, just as easily be Naughton who'd be an even bigger household name at Pieland.

I find it interesting that people think we will never go down the ladder every year. It's hubris.
Not to derail the thread with Stepho talk, but was he really a poor selection? Prior to the suspension it looked like he was on track for a Dale Thomas-like career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell was showing signs before his injury. Whether the the time outs helped him is anyone's guess.

Crisp had an up and down season is also getting on in years.

Degoey has a cloud over his head and never truly seems to play a full season to high level week to week due to injury or fitness.

I don't think it's as set in stone as some want to believe, yup there is an equal chance they all come back firing on all cylinders but it's not a foregone conclusion that none of them will go backwards or have less then 2 years ago form.

Hubris or misguided optimism??

Maybe they are the same thing.

Not to derail the thread with Stepho talk, but was he really a poor selection? Prior to the suspension it looked like he was on track for a Dale Thomas-like career

Imo he was for us especially.

Naughton rated similar but was also a list need.

They knew about his heart condition, and there was an open worry about how it would effect his growth.
Had stated in interviews it had effected his muscle development.

The fact he's no longer at the club, is a C to B grader at best is testament to the fact the pick was wrong.

Is this the one who has a contact high up the chain? If so thats good enough for me.
I have not mentioned any chains, (hope ours isn’t being pulled 😂).
I trust who I heard it from, the person he heard it from, (whom I don’t know) has access to reliable information.

Imo he was for us especially.

Naughton rated similar but was also a list need.

They knew about his heart condition, and there was an open worry about how it would effect his growth.
Had stated in interviews it had effected his muscle development.

The fact he's no longer at the club, is a C to B grader at best is testament to the fact the pick was wrong.
I think it's more a testament to the fact that he is a f**kwit

Same here, honestly I think this Houston trade will go down to the deadline, it's just too good of a cow for the AFL media not to milk for all its worth.
For Hutchy for Trade Radio and Foxtel for Fox Footy want it to go down to Final 10 Minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back