List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, against the crows. Looked like it was going to be his break out game, then dropped a simple mark, went to make amends, then concussed himself in the process.
Prefer him up forward with stints in the midfield than playing him back.
Yeah, I think so too. Though, a stint down back might help his development.

He was Carlscum's preferred destination yesterday and will probably be Carlscum's preferred destination tomorrow. LOL
Our BF posters heading over to the Carlton board if Houston trade goes through.
Keep Going Nat Geo GIF by National Geographic TV

I'll only believe it when I see the club post it on their socials & he's got the guernsey on at the AIA Centre being photographed & telling us how great it is to finally be a true Magpie 🤣
And even then, can you really trust your own eyes?

Confused Adam Levine GIF

With Macrae leaving the 2020 draft is pretty much a bust apart from Beau McCreery. Reef will probably leave as well. Fair indication that Leppa and Fly don't rate Hine lol

People say we overpaid for Schultz but Fly has pretty much hit the bullseye with everyone of his mature age recruits.

Let's not forget his preferred destination originally was Melbourne before they sh*t the bed.

If Carlton were prepared to offer up pick 12 we might be out of the running also.

If I have one criticism of us it's why weren't we all over him before Melbourne got their hooks in originally?

More dumb luck on our part, than awesome talent ID and power of persuasion.

Still, who isn't happy to be kissed on the d*ck?
sorry not following the bolded.
Saw your previous post as well.

So what is the Blues deal to land Houston?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port fans not happy
Carlton fans not happy

Re: Port … yeah that’s normal. Fans of any footy club who have a valued player leave this time of year behave like jilted lovers. We were very stroppy when Dayne Beams left us, with Jack “Steak Knives” Crisp providing no consolation at all. Little did we realise that he wouldn’t miss a game over the following 10 years. Dunno about Lukosious, but Richards looks like a beauty and they should be pleased to get him.

Re: Carlton …

IMG_0797.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a look on the blues board and don’t know why they were chasing him, apparently he’s already slow and can’t defend and in two years will be shit and even slower. 😂😂
Until tomorrow morning when Edmund has another meltdown on air and then someone's reports that Carlton are still the preferred destination. He will quickly be back to that damaging all AA with an elite kick.

Let's not forget his preferred destination originally was Melbourne before they sh*t the bed.

If Carlton were prepared to offer up pick 12 we might be out of the running also.

If I have one criticism of us it's why weren't we all over him before Melbourne got their hooks in originally?

More dumb luck on our part, than awesome talent ID and power of persuasion.

Still, who isn't happy to be kissed on the d*ck?
The beauty is that the Melbourne implosion was sent into motion by Darcy Moores knee
Houston now heading our way and maybe Trac next year

those wondering why Port would let Huston go for what seems like unders might find this interesting -

from fox footy
"Gold Coast’s preference is for its highly sought after Pick 13 to end up with Port Adelaide to ensure it can facilitate a deal for Jack Lukosius, who’s requested a trade to Alberton.

The Power right now would need special AFL clearance to part ways with a future first-round pick as clubs need to use at least two first rounders over a rolling four-year window.

Port hasn’t used any first-round picks over the last two drafts and is without its 2024 first rounder.

Collingwood and Carlton are among the clubs circling Pick 13 to use as part of a deal with Port Adelaide for Dan Houston."

It seems GC want to get rid of lukos contract, think leppa needs to step on the jugular and force them to cough up additional mid 20's picks. If GC aren't willing to pay a fair price for our F1, we should trade it to another club and try to land 2 picks in the mid 20's. As much as I would love Houston, I would love us to draft someone like Matt Whitlock in this years draft. Then try to squeeze 13 out of GC for Noble and other picks.

If we get Houston, Perryman, and Tomlinson, and get to the draft with 23, that is a stunningly good trade period for us.

You have to offset that with what it would cost us

- Promising young small forward in a team that isn’t doing too badly for small forwards (hopefully Elliott stays healthy until Harrison gets back)

- Established player at the fringe of best 23. Noble was playing some decent footy at the end of this year.

- Future first.

- Whatever else we have to give up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back