List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were happy to stay at Brisbane, he would've signed a long time ago and Matthews wouldn't be issuing public threats.
You are prob right but apparently it is only 2 clubs he wants to be at. First is us, but if he cant get to us he is content to stay at Bris.

If this is true, it is a strange situation.

Aish to Collingwood.

Pick 24 and 26 to Brisbane (unless Seedsman or Oxley are involved).

Pick 24 or 26 traded by Brisbane to Carlton for Bell.

Surely that's better than nothing Lethal?

2 2nd rounders seems slightly overs but I think I'd be fairly happy with that outcome. Perhaps in a better year 2nd & 3rd would get it done.

Let Aish walk to the pre-season draft, get Treloar and Tomlinson done then trade out Kennedy, Seedsman and Freeman if they want to go and see what we can get for Frost

Brisbane can suck a lemon
I still think Aish should walk and leave the rest to his manager, Collingwood and the AFLPA and possibly the AFL. The AFL want 18 competitive teams and throwing away players because you cant create an environment to keep them is like taking your bat and ball and going home. It sounds like its all too hard for Brisbane ATM. The AFL probably needs to advise Brisbane on the facts of life. You cant expect priority picks or additional help when you throw away good players for nothing because your not happy with their decision.

The talk is he wants to come to us but only if a trade can be worked out. Otherwise, he is happy to stay at Bris.

Bris know this so are refusing to trade him to us
Aish needs to take a leap of faith. Sitting on the fence is sooooo difficult.

The talk is he wants to come to us but only if a trade can be worked out. Otherwise, he is happy to stay at Bris.

Bris know this so are refusing to trade him to us
Keeping players who don't want to be there is so counter productive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish to Collingwood.

Pick 24 and 26 to Brisbane (unless Seedsman or Oxley are involved).

Pick 24 or 26 traded by Brisbane to Carlton for Bell.

Surely that's better than nothing Lethal?

That's a steep offer! In points terms it's pick 8.

They'd definitely need to throw something back our way.

That is probably what it will take to get the deal done. Brisbane picked him up with pick 7, and 2 years later we give them back 2 2nd rounders which are equivalent to pick 8 in compensation. The kid is not a hack but has not played to his potential. Unlike Freeman, Aish has been able to play 32 games.

The deal is fair and Brisbane should take it. Most importantly no one will offer more than that so the offer is attractive enough to prevent it from getting ugly.

Last season we wanted pick 5 and Aish for Beams. Instead we got pick 5, 25 and Crisp (Essendon were willing to part with pick 20 for him) so the value we placed on Aish was picks 20 and 25 in a stronger draft.

Last edited:
That is probably what it will take to get the deal done. Brisbane picked him up with pick 7, and 2 years later we give them back 2 2nd rounders which are equivalent to pick 8 in compensation. The kid is not a hack but has not played to his potential. Unlike Freeman the Aish has been able to play 32 games.

The deal is fair and Brisbane should take it. Most importantly no one will offer more than that so the offer is attractive enough to prevent it from getting ugly.

Last season we wanted pick 5 and Aish for Beams. Instead we got pick 5, 25 and Crisp (Essendon were willing to part with pick 20 for him) so the value we placed on Aish was picks 20 and 25 in a stronger draft.

That's all great, but it's still overs...

If Brisbane are deadset on a winning trade that's none of our business, but there are other options.

For instance give those picks to Sydney for pick 14 to help them get Mills. I'm sure they'd be willing to sling something back our way (I'd ask for Lloyd myself). Pick 14 is bang on the money for Aish and can still be a live pick with the other compensation they'll receive.

I'm not interested in handing other teams clear wins so I wouldn't support that trade.

That's all great, but it's still overs...

If Brisbane are deadset on a winning trade that's none of our business, but there are other options.

For instance give those picks to Sydney for pick 14 to help them get Mills. I'm sure they'd be willing to sling something back our way (I'd ask for Lloyd myself). Pick 14 is bang on the money for Aish and can still be a live pick with the other compensation they'll receive.

I'm not interested in handing other teams clear wins so I wouldn't support that trade.
2nd rounders in a shallow draft is a good outcome. Only time will tell who wins in that deal but we get the guaranteed player.
If Brisbane have the desire to get further up the draft and pick 14 is what they would be happy with then your option is a possibility. I suspect Brisbane are going to want a top 10 pick for Aish.

Who gives a crap what it is in points terms from our end? We have no father/son prospects so points are irrelevant to us.

In a shallow draft, two picks in the 20's is fine for Aish. We won't get a player close to his quality for either of those picks, and it gives Brisbane points for their academy boys and trading currency for Bell. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Don't worry about lethal and his dumb arse comments.

The whole trade and draft is a very delicate matter from a legal perspective. The trade period is an important tool infighting of any restraint of trade type legal case as it provides an opportunity for players to leave.

Lethal comments if acted upon by the lions would give Aish a strong case. The lions, the afl, the aflpa and pickers know this.

I suspect lethal does to and was merely talking tough to rally the supporter base. It's pretty hypocritical when they poached a contracted player from us last year and we bit the bullet and did the deal.

I'd be pretty rapt if we somehow got Tomlinson too. Can play on a wing or as a lead-up forward like Tom Lynch (Adel) does. Can be a 3rd forward, can play back... just a very useful, skilled utility that could (& likely would) fill a number of spots in our 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back