List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never going to get Howe for Kennedy as a straight swap, Melbourne would have most likely wanted Kennedy and our 2nd round pick 26. Seedsman got us pick 32. Effectively trading Kennedy + Seedsman + Pick 26 for Howe + Pick 32

Getting Howe for Seedsman + Kennedy is a marginal improvement on the above outcome. Added to that is pick 68 which is neither here nor there.
Correct, let's not forget how aroused they were at the though of trading with Gold Coast.

Dekka on sen after 6
He should just tell every bigfooty poster FU after readinf this thread. Unbelievable how so many people here doubt hine the man who has alwaus delivered for us during the trade period.

Mate between your premature criticism of our trading/list replenishment and Dave's impatience about everything else it's driving me nuts.
Wait until it's all done, the trading & the delisted free agents, then make a comment.
Inb4 someone says put you on ignore; occasionally I like your posts.
Spot on

He should just tell every bigfooty poster FU after readinf this thread. Unbelievable how so many people here doubt hine the man who has alwaus delivered for us during the trade period.
Didn't we effectively use the pick we got for Wellingham to draft Kennedy? If so, that trade's a bust - although the pick we negotiated for Wellingham at the time was overs.

We have 8 senior players to replace on our list.dwyer,young,karnezis,keefe,Thomas,freeman,Kennedy and seedsman.
Hopefully we will have treloar Howe and Aish and frost promoted to senior list.that leaves us with 4 picks in this draft with probably a pick in the 20s our earliest.the other 3 will be list cloggers.

Can people still settle the hell down. We dont k ow what hine is gonna do with 68. When you combine all the trades together we should be able to make a net gain. In saying that, howe is 10 times the player seedsman and kennedy are, bloody good upgrade for our list. Be positive folks, we are im good hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't we effectively use the pick we got for Wellingham to draft Kennedy? If so, that trade's a bust - although the pick we negotiated for Wellingham at the time was overs.
If you look at it in isolation from the other SA picks - we have a strong build going on of smooth moving South Australians that can get the ball and deliver it. Yes we lost Kennedy but have a look at Grundy and Broomhead - two out of three aint bad. The South Australian connection appears to be the reason we may get Aish over the line despite North offering Brissy more and Brissy wanting him to go there. I think it worthwhile noting that all three potential picks in Treloar, Aish and Howe have been very heavily and publicly courted by other teams with their current teams all publicly stating they want them to go to a different destination other than us. Whatever happens here something very good is going on at the Holden centre where these boys are possibly coming to Collingwood on career defining contracts for less than they would have got at other destinations.

Grundy was drafted with the Wellingham pick. Kennedy was drafted with our original pick 19 that we finished with for bowing out in the prelim.

If we get a player (Finlayson) thrown in with the Treloar trade, then we may only use two live picks in the draft. If Brisbane are able to on-trade the 2016 second round pick we receive for Freeman to acquire Bastinac, then we may be able to get Aish with another second rounder (GWS or our own pick) thrown in. That way, we would still enter the draft in the second round.

Time to concentrate on Aish and Howe.

The worst result is we get Pick 7, Aish and Howe and have out first pick next year.

You may give up easily but Collingwood won't. Hine has made it clear that Treloar is the priority. If we only do one trade then that will be the one.

That's a ******* shit trade for us. Basically gave away BK for nothing.

We seriously waited a week to get stuffed in the arse with no lube?

******* hell.

IF this Trade helps us get Treloar I can live with it.

Don't Right Howe off

Looks like we might have a couple of lean draft years (picks wise, not necessarily quality player wise). In saying that though we have a good young crop of players coming through if the Treloar and Aish trades happen:

Brodie Grundy - turning 22 in 2016 - best 22/could be a star
Tom Langdon - turning 22 - borderline best 22.
Jackson Ramsay - turning 22 - borderline best 22/depth
James Aish - turning 21 - best 22/will be a star
Matt Scharenberg - turning 21 - will be best 22 eventually/could be a star
Jonathon Marsh - turning 21 - borderline best 22
Tim Broomhead - turning 22 - borderline best 22/could be a star
Darcy Moore - turning 20 - borderline best 22/will be a star
Jordan De Goey - turning 20 - borderline best 22/could be a star
Brayden Maynard - turning 20 - showing some promise
Matthew Goodyear - turning 20 - no idea
Brenden Abbot (r) - turning 21 - no idea
Michael Manteit (r) - turning 20 - no idea

To have 9 players 22 or under genuinely pushing for best 22/showing they can be at least effective AFL players (as opposed to just 'playing the kids') is brilliant. If you extend out to players turning 23 you can include Treloar (best 22/star), Adams (best 22), Crisp (best 22) and Williams (best 22). I can see why Hine isn't taking issue with trading out draft picks when we already have some very good talent coming through the ranks. Give me Treloar and Aish over speculative picks any day.

Howe trade doesn't seem great at face value but the truth is we might need to use pick 68 this draft and it's better than using a pick in the 80's or 90's. Kennedy wasn't going to break into our midfield and doesn't seem to be an AFL-quality forward and I think the change of scenery will do Seed good, he still has the potential to be a very good player if he can find consistency.

If you look at it in isolation from the other SA picks - we have a strong build going on of smooth moving South Australians that can get the ball and deliver it. Yes we lost Kennedy but have a look at Grundy and Broomhead - two out of three aint bad. The South Australian connection appears to be the reason we may get Aish over the line despite North offering Brissy more and Brissy wanting him to go there. I think it worthwhile noting that all three potential picks in Treloar, Aish and Howe have been very heavily and publicly courted by other teams with their current teams all publicly stating they want them to go to a different destination other than us. Whatever happens here something very good is going on at the Holden centre where these boys are possibly coming to Collingwood on career defining contracts for less than they would have got at other destinations.
I agree with you. Draft picks are high-risk, calculated punts, even in the first round. There are always going to be some that are duds, regardless of how much homework was done beforehand. I'm not fussed that the drafting of Kennedy or Freeman didn't work out, and arguably the Freeman outcome was more bad luck than bad drafting. Neither of them was as bad a screw up as Watts, Tambling, Toumpas, Scully, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back