List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the finals not starting for another week and a bit, the trade nonsense is going to go ballistic. There'll be nothing else to talk about by Wednesday. No doubt delistings will start to filter through and a lot more "such and such has decided he wants a fresh start elsewhere" will start happening in the next couple days
Aaah, trade period...the finals series for player agents.

I don't know what currency we have for Omeara. GC certainly don't need draft picks, they need players. Witts, Oxley, Broomhead and ..... We are going to have to give up something, like a Fasolo, De Goey or someone we don't really want to lose.

I'm pretty certain it was a complete severing. It's also been reported if I recall rightly that he's been pissed off about the treatment (and of course David Swallow seeking guidance from North Melbourne over his injuries) he received from the club. Reading the above perhaps action wasn't taken soon enough.

It's a big risk if you don't know but Collingwood would be getting the best advice and wouldn't mug themselves.

On list need, I think a KPD is a real need which is why I wanted us to chase Hurley, but in the absence of one being available through trade or Free Agency then it won't hurt to have a bite at O'Meara. We should be offloading a few mid range players as well as Swan so the cash is there.

Witts and Cloke to Dogs for their first pick. That pick and Oxley to GC sounds close to the mark.
That is 4 players for 1.
A top ruck man, an power fwd with a few yrs left, reasonable defender and rnd 1 pick.
In return for a gun midfielder under a permanent injury cloud while we batting deep in the midfield. Nah.
Witts + a top 30 player. Some stale nacho chips if we have too.

That is 4 players for 1.
A top ruck man, an power fwd with a few yrs left, reasonable defender and rnd 1 pick.
In return for a gun midfielder under a permanent injury cloud while we batting deep in the midfield. Nah.
Witts + a top 30 player. Some stale nacho chips if we have too.

No, that's 3 for 1. Witts, Cloke and Oxley, so a net loss of two players. Two of them we're most likely losing anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that's 3 for 1. Witts, Cloke and Oxley, so a net loss of two players. Two of them we're most likely losing anyway.
And a pick that we can’t use. Can count as half. That is almost most of our trade currency gone.
Very steep if you ask me. For that price we should be able to get a healthier option in an area that we do need improving on, ie defender and another tall fwd or crumber.

This article by Barret suggesting he would be happy to walk to the Bombers for nothing. Hopefully a threat put out there by the management, knowing the Pies don't have much to give.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...-go-to-essendon-bombers-via-pre-season-draft/

Looks like GC management are going to look silly whatever happens. Surely they would now take the lesser fool option and deal with Collingwood rather than make a song and dance about "taking a stand" while JOM says "Thanks - the Bombers are fine with me"

And a pick that we can’t use. Can count as half. That is almost most of our trade currency gone.
Very steep if you ask me. For that price we should be able to get a healthier option in an area that we do need improving on, ie defender and another tall fwd or crumber.

The pick we never had. So we don't lose one of our natural picks, we lose 3 players and gain one. The Witts/Cloke gets someone else's pick which we move on.

With the finals not starting for another week and a bit, the trade nonsense is going to go ballistic. There'll be nothing else to talk about by Wednesday. No doubt delistings will start to filter through and a lot more "such and such has decided he wants a fresh start elsewhere" will start happening in the next couple days

It's about that time where every delisted spud gets brought up to come to us because "he's cheap and he'll be good depth" ;)

Last edited:
JOM would be great if fully fit, but IMO he's not a NEED. He's just super talent.
The same way if a top rated midfielder chose us, we would have a look. Eg: Prestia. But we can't sell the house for him. Honestly, he's worth about the same as Witts. I don't want injury prone players.
I hope we miss out on him if we have to pay anything more than Witts + 3rd round pick. It's too much risk.
I honestly wouldnt trade anyone from our (potential,injury free) best 22 for him.
2 B-graders would be okay.

Let's not forget he hasn't played AFL football for 2 years. Yea, he could be great, but he's more likely to be average or a bust. Is it worth the risk when we are trying to rebuild? What does it say to our players if we are willing to trade injury prone players on the double salary?

It's a no from me.

JOM would be great if fully fit, but IMO he's not a NEED. He's just super talent.
The same way if a top rated midfielder chose us, we would have a look. Eg: Prestia. But we can't sell the house for him. Honestly, he's worth about the same as Witts. I don't want injury prone players.
I hope we miss out on him if we have to pay anything more than Witts + 3rd round pick. It's too much risk.
I honestly wouldnt trade anyone from our (potential,injury free) best 22 for him.
2 B-graders would be okay.

Let's not forget he hasn't played AFL football for 2 years. Yea, he could be great, but he's more likely to be average or a bust. Is it worth the risk when we are trying to rebuild? What does it say to our players if we are willing to trade injury prone players on the double salary?

It's a no from me.

This. I would haved liked O'Meara to have gone to the Hawks and that they get shafted, but now it's the Pies, I don't think he's worth more than a pick between 10-20. Think about it. If Jamie Elliott doesn't play at all next year and was leaving because of mis-mangement for his back, what would the negative perspective be of his worth, there'd be a strong argument that we'd be getting peanuts in return.

This. I would haved liked O'Meara to have gone to the Hawks and that they get shafted, but now it's the Pies, I don't think he's worth more than a pick between 10-20. Think about it. If Jamie Elliott doesn't play at all next year and was leaving because of mis-mangement for his back, what would the negative perspective be of his worth, there'd be a strong argument that we'd be getting peanuts in return.

Yea, exactly. We would be lucky to get a first rounder for Elliot. Even if Daniel Menzel wanted to leave the cats now, he wouldn't get much. Although he's played a year of football. Injury prone players lose immense value with every year they miss.

Omera' injury is on the level of Daniel Menzel's injury. Not worth it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back