List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it. He's not going to be a number 1 forward for them, and they won't offer their first rounder, or pay him more than he'd be on here. We've made it clear we don't see him in our 22, so can't be surprised if his value reflects that. The rest of the league has seen what we've seen.

my view is he can still take contested marks and still covers 15km a game. with the dogs superior ball use he will see more 1/1 contests and get better delivery. on this basis his output will be better than what he has done with us. is it a coincidence his form dropped as we turned over the list and played kids?

Beveridge uses a system which upgrades players. Same as Hawthorn.

M Boyd is unsigned by the dogs. He was near best last weekend and is in the AA 40. If he isn't contracted it can only be due to cap pressure.
Salary cap isn't an issue down at the dogs. We have a few coming off this list year.

M Boyd does his contract talks in September and only does year by year. $$ not an issue for M Boyd

Depends who you ask.

Most people on here are suggesting Brown is rated more highly than Daicos.

Although I've heard from people involved in drafting at club level (not ours) that Daicos is rated as low as very early second and Brown more third round or later.

I gotta say if that's how Brown is getting rated in clubland I think we're in line for a bargain.

I'll back in the club on their scouting of Daicos because low production outside types are a little harder to gauge because you can add an engine, defensive skills can be honed and you really need to know where the direction of a list is going to get a good read.

The thing that stands out to me is that we rated Sier in our top 25 or so last year and Brown is doing everything you could ask of him this year so it's a no brainer on him at any point after 20 with the discount available.

Salary cap isn't an issue down at the dogs. We have a few coming off this list year.

M Boyd does his contract talks in September and only does year by year. $$ not an issue for M Boyd

then why is he doing media talking about being unsigned? strange thing to be doing on the eve of finals.

The other thing we aren't talking about is our key defensive stocks. Reid and Brown are getting older, and I have little faith in Keeffe and Frost.

Perhaps we could trade Cloke for a future first rounder. It will give us 2 first rounders next year (KM has said it's a key position draft next year), and rebuild our spine with a gun forward and gun back.

Possible because the media is asking him about his contract? From an outsider, it sounds crazy why he doesn't have his contract yet.

surely he is worth the minimum.

you wont see any good footy from murphy till the end of 2017 if at all next year so I find it strange Boyd hasn't been offered the minimum.

The only way we can get O'Meara to the Pies is if Jordan Degoey is part of the trade, - and I'd argue that he'd go most of the way to closing the deal.
I must be missing something.
Swapping a fit healthy part of the future hard ball get beast player for the new freeman thread player?
No way from me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question?

JOM not seen two years, how is he that expensive?

(If we had him on the list, by all means persevere with him; but a two year injured player that's risky risky, he better be healthy that's my big query)

Lol at all the dogs supporters lurking in this thread. Here's a tip guys, Cloke is contracted and we have 0 cap issues. If you want him and you want us to pay some of his salary you can pay up or gagf.

O'Meara doesn't fill a need, so wasting draft picks and players on him is unnecessary. If we do trade Cloke, which looks highly likely, it becomes even more unnecessary.

I disagree.
A player of that quality is always desirable, no matter what position.

The only questions I would have are:
1. Injury status. Hopefully we are repeating our plans with Treloar and doing all our due diligence way before trade period. If the surgeons and physios are confident of a full recovery - then i go after him 100%. If they arent then we either walk away from the table or ask for a significant discount.

2. What will he cost. If we can get him for 2-3 players who are outside of our best 22 plans (or use those players to get picks thrown in from a 3rd club) then I do that.
Just as an example: JOM to Coll, Cloke to Rich for 2nd round, Witts, Smith and Rich 2nd to GC.
Completely off the top of my head & and havent really thought about it (GC probably wouldny accept that) - but thats the kind of trade I would try to make happen.

I've got no doubt if JOM wasn't plagued by injury in recent times he'd be up there in the top 10 players of the comp by now. Anyone saying he isn't a need obviously can't remember how good he is.

The ONLY reason you wouldn't chase him is his injury.

Here's hoping he has been just milking it to try and decrease his trade value...

The thing is he has been plagued by injury for 2 years and isn't feigning the severity of his issue. He isn't what we need and I assure you I can remember how good he was.

With where we're at and the KPP we could leak this one doesn't feel right for us.

Lol at all the dogs supporters lurking in this thread. Here's a tip guys, Cloke is contracted and we have 0 cap issues. If you want him and you want us to pay some of his salary you can pay up or gagf.
ps you forget to tell them to make sure Jong is left in the kennel. ;)

This isn't a secret and will probably come out as soon as the Dogs season is over but we are in to Hrovat in a pretty big way along with Carlton who are leading the race.

I have no idea why we would want Hrovat and Jong and if we do get both I will be pretty disappointed because they are the two type of players we least need.

I know Hrovat has toured the Carlton facilities and will most likely tour ours as soon as their finals campaign ends but either way he is 100% out from the Bulldogs.

The thing is he has been plagued by injury for 2 years and isn't feigning the severity of his issue. He isn't what we need and I assure you I can remember how good he was.

With where we're at and the KPP we could leak this one doesn't feel right for us.
Sco
On this we agree.
I'm so wary of his injury history.
Conversely because of his obvious gifts, talent etc, if we had him on our list, I'd persevere.
But he better be healthy and not to expensive.

I agree with you, but what you are not factoring in is that Cloke himself may request the trade.

All we have said is that we expect him to honour his contract, which only has 1 year left to run.

Cloke at his age would want some security now as it is probably his last chance to have a decent contract given his age. If someone offers him 2 years, I think he would seriously entertain it.

He has no security at Collingwood. He was dropped 3 times, and also Buckley made it clear late in the year that he was 2nd behind Moore.

True But he is contracted, and only if the Trade/ Swap is in our favour would i even think of it . None of this oh we will pay some of his wages.
Cloke is a Mid 2nd rounder and in my opinion no worse a player than Tom Boyd.

There ya go Boyd for Cloke and we pay 500 big ones a year for Boyd.

I remember last year there were reports that we had some serious interest in JOM and perhaps this was always the plan to bring him in.

Still a big hypothetical as we haven't been named as the club of choice however assuming that we are the difficulty will be in getting the value for the trade deal. Before his injuries he was the number one young midfielder in the competition however the last two years have meant there is some risk that he may not ever be able to reach his potential and that would have to decrease his value.

But if we are able to get his knee checked out and are confident he will make a full recovery we need to do whatever we can to get him. Yeah our midfield bats deep already but this kid could be anything and just imagine a midfield of Treloar, JOM, Adams, De Goey, Crisp, Aish for the next decade in life after Pendlebury/Sidebottom. You really can't have too many midfielders IMO.

I'd assume there would be stuff happening behind the scenes right now so IF we do get named as his club of choice I would assume that we have done our medical checks already and have a plan in place to get the value to get the deal done. But at the end of the day if he names another team I'm not going to be too shattered.

It'll be like the Eade years all over again for them. Gotta get that premiership before the quality senior players retire. Can't see them beating Swans, Crows or Cats in finals this year or next. Then the window will be closing.

I remember last year there were reports that we had some serious interest in JOM and perhaps this was always the plan to bring him in.

Still a big hypothetical as we haven't been named as the club of choice however assuming that we are the difficulty will be in getting the value for the trade deal. Before his injuries he was the number one young midfielder in the competition however the last two years have meant there is some risk that he may not ever be able to reach his potential and that would have to decrease his value.

But if we are able to get his knee checked out and are confident he will make a full recovery we need to do whatever we can to get him. Yeah our midfield bats deep already but this kid could be anything and just imagine a midfield of Treloar, JOM, Adams, De Goey, Crisp, Aish for the next decade in life after Pendlebury/Sidebottom. You really can't have too many midfielders IMO.

I'd assume there would be stuff happening behind the scenes right now so IF we do get named as his club of choice I would assume that we have done our medical checks already and have a plan in place to get the value to get the deal done. But at the end of the day if he names another team I'm not going to be too shattered.
12 months ago he'd spent a year out. Now he's spent two. If that's not ringing alarm bells for any recruiting department I don't know what will.

This stinks to high heaven of JOM seeking a big contract that he knows he can't fulfill his end of...

On the Jaeger omeara trade request... with the witts and now rumoured (but very unlikely) de gooey trade rumours... if the suns are saying they want an elite player and rumoured to be already interested in witts... maybe a witts and/or de gooey trade for omeara or omeara and sweetner.... maybe that deal could happen... especially with eades good relationship with the pies.

Food for thought.

Got barfed on the other day when i suggested this MAY occur. Now some of the same people are loving the JOM trade lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back