List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witts and Williams? Will they be currency for the GWS boys or can we make a late play for someone who needs a new home?
Witts will go to the Suns of course. Should have included him. Marley Williams is a strange one. His manager tried to link him to the giants but they flat out said no. We haven't even offered Marley a contract. No one wants him basically which is kind of sad, for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's meeting with the club this week (saw someone say today) Geniune chance to get him. He's not a KPF type. He's a flanker.

He's taller than Cloke, but would need to add 5-10kgs to be a kpf. Is he a Gunston type?

We could always get him to stay at the Rocca's for a couple of months.

Surely we can arrange for Barrett to receive a late night visit from the nearest friendly, neighbourhood APEX gang members. :rolleyes:
According to a crazy person on the trades board, I should be able to organise that.

Tomorrow's Herald Sun:
HAWTHORN’S desire to clear as much as $600,000 of salary cap room from Sam Mitchell’s contract has emerged as a key factor in his trade to West Coast.

Mitchell is certain to find his way to the Eagles. Both clubs are determined to make a deal in return for a late draft selection. The Hawks are three-quarters of the way to nailing a huge off-season of change after signing Sydney’s Tom Mitchell and Richmond’s Ty Vickery. Now the final leg will be to secure Gold Coast’s Jaeger O’Meara. The salary cap room saved from the departure of Mitchell will be a critical component in that.

Mitchell revealed on Wednesday that coach Alastair Clarkson’s Brownlow Medal day chat about him playing at West Coast had “blindsided” him. Mitchell, who turned 34 yesterday, will undergo a medical with West Coast when he returns from a family holiday in New Zealand. “I’m in a bit of a funny spot, because if I stay at Hawthorn, that’s great and I’ve had a great career there and will continue to do so,” Mitchell said.

“If the move is to West Coast, I’d be excited by the prospect, and I feel like I’ve done the right thing by Hawthorn if that’s what eventuates,’’ Mitchell said.
“It’s the first time, in my 15-year career, that I’ve ever been a chance to be involved in a trade so it’s a bit of an awkward situation at the moment and I can’t jump into either camp.”

Despite speculation, Mitchell did not take a savage pay cut this year when he signed a one-year extension. He signed early after blistering form, but when fellow Hawk veterans Luke Hodge, Shaun Burgoyne and Josh Gibson also signed, it created a salary squeeze.

It meant Hawthorn’s determination to bring in Tom Mitchell (more than $500,000 a year), Vickery ($500,000 a year) and O’Meara (more than $700,000 a year) was going to be challenged. The Hawks believe they could have found a way to secure O’Meara without losing Mitchell’s salary, but his departure makes a formidable challenge much easier.

They will receive only a late pick for Mitchell, who will move into a coaching role at West Coast when he retires.

But moving that salary off the books is a massive bonus for the club. Mitchell would likely have a best-and-fairest bonus written into his contract as well as a clause relating to the collective bargaining agreement pay rise. The Hawks are also eager to reboot their midfield and plan for a new era of success as well as stagger the retirements of their veterans.

Somebody really needs to call out Barrett on all his bullshitting. Seriously he's been spewing so much trash lately, a lot more than he usually does.
I think Leppo was about to "call him out", when unfortunately he was physically restrained

Witts will go to the Suns of course. Should have included him. Marley Williams is a strange one. His manager tried to link him to the giants but they flat out said no. We haven't even offered Marley a contract. No one wants him basically which is kind of sad, for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep. That is the feeling I get with Williams. We tried to find him a place , now it is up to him to shop himself around and otherwise we give him a low contract. Anything in exchange for him we could use to upgrade our picks and make a late play for someone or have a closer look at the draft. Although we don't hear much about the draft these days from Hine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me can see Balmey seeing how far he could push KB before he twigged. All the while scoffing eclairs like the last eclair plant on earth just croaked

Just on Sam Mitchell. If he's traded to West Coast for a late draft pick, how does that help them get O'Meara? I understand tht it opens up salary cap room, but they are still in the same boat as to what the can give the Suns. The 3rd or 4th round pick they get for Mitchell won't help one iota.

I think Leppo was about to "call him out", when unfortunately he was physically restrained

Best thing old mate Leppo has ever done!
Seriously though the quality of Australian sports journalism is very low. Did anyone read Robinson's article yesterday about how Watson should keep the Brownlow? Absolute garbage.

Yep. That is the feeling I get with Williams. We tried to find him a place , now it is up to him to shop himself around and otherwise we give him a low contract. Anything in exchange for him we could use to upgrade our picks and make a late play for someone or have a closer look at the draft. Although we don't hear much about the draft these days from Hine.

I think we're still interested in having a decent pick in the draft which is good because I like the talent there. In the interview with trade radio when talking about WHE, Hine intimated we are keen to get into the draft when referencing our second pick and didn't sound too keen on giving it up. Mentioned GWS wouldn't be too interested in picks either, would rather players or a future pick.

Just on Sam Mitchell. If he's traded to West Coast for a late draft pick, how does that help them get O'Meara? I understand tht it opens up salary cap room, but they are still in the same boat as to what the can give the Suns. The 3rd or 4th round pick they get for Mitchell won't help one iota.

Future first round pick and getting a third Club involved for a player to go to Gold Coast maybe?

Best thing old mate Leppo has ever done!
Seriously though the quality of Australian sports journalism is very low. Did anyone read Robinson's article yesterday about how Watson should keep the Brownlow? Absolute garbage.
Robbo? I can only imagine. He's a tad delusional. He's like the mad Bomber fans that ring up the radio. "There's no evidence, there's no evidence!!!" Poor tortured souls.:D

As expected the Mayne and Wells deals went through relatively easily, well compared to how many deals the other clubs have got done anyway.

I'd expect Frost, Witts and Cloke to be trade by the close of business on Friday now. Both the Suns, Dogs and Lions have had plenty of time to chat to other clubs about JOM and Rockliff, there will come a time when the Pies tell them to sit down or we will talk to other clubs about these players.

As for the talk about a few compensation picks costing us Brown and Daicos, I've honestly never heard anything as stupid. Daicos will cost us a 4th round pick at most (after the deduction). Getting put back 5-6 spots due to compo picks at that stage of the draft is almost irrelevant.

Brown as we know will cost more, but even then, as long as no one bids in the first round we will get enough of a reduction to most likely take him with a third round pick.

James Stewart was spotted at the Holden Centre today too, might have just been visiting all clubs interested in him, but we are still in the race for both he and WHE, but wouldn't expect movement on either front till next week.

As for Rockliff, I doubt it, the only way I can possibly see us getting him is if it comes down to the final day of the trade period and the Lions can't off load him. Then we might get him cheap. But I doubt it.

Agree. We won't be Trading anyone IN Until next week but we may see a few Leave in the next 2 Days of 1st week of Trade Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back