List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't read well, but is that more down to the options GWS have up forward with Patton, Lobb and Cameron or a lack of ability?
I would assume so and the same with WHE. They only played one game this year (the 1st) and GWS had plenty of options up forward
Greene 44 goals and 31 marks inside 50
Johnson 43 goals and 29 marks inside 50
Lobb 29 goals and 33 marks inside 50
Patton 38 goals and 47 marks inside 50
Cameron 53 goals and 50 marks inside 50

Just on Sam Mitchell. If he's traded to West Coast for a late draft pick, how does that help them get O'Meara? I understand tht it opens up salary cap room, but they are still in the same boat as to what the can give the Suns. The 3rd or 4th round pick they get for Mitchell won't help one iota.
They aren't trading him to assist in the JOM trade, it's just a pure cap dump, same as Cloke.
They'll combine whatever they get for Hill and something else for JOM.

Peter Moore is a polite, friendly and level headed man, who has successfully raised a quality young son, who is going to be huge for us for a long time. This will be a good thing for us as he keeps Darcy grounded.
He is not the same polite, friendly and level headed man who took the club to court so he could walk to Melbourne for nothing?

I agree with the sentiment but I think we do know around about what the contract value was.. given Freo got pick 23 as compo!!.. you can take from that that Mayne is on a packet!
not 500k a season though!
Vickory and mayne got exactly the same compo!
one is 26 one is 27
one is a 2 year deal on 500k
the other is 4 year deal on ???K if it was 500k it would of gotten a 1st rd compo pick it would be closer to 350-400k a year

Just on Sam Mitchell. If he's traded to West Coast for a late draft pick, how does that help them get O'Meara? I understand tht it opens up salary cap room, but they are still in the same boat as to what the can give the Suns. The 3rd or 4th round pick they get for Mitchell won't help one iota.
They are hoping that one of Breust, Shiels, Smith, Sicily will consider a move north and if not may have to involve a 3rd team to get the deal done. When I first heard the rumour that Greenwood was being offered up for trade for some reason I thought it may have have to do with Hawthorn

No he's not. He's no way where near a KPF. If he developed a bit more then yeah he has a chance but at the moment he isn't. He dominates NEAFL every week but thats not saying much

At 196cm & 95 kegs he is no flanker, quite simply a key position player. Physically he is more developed than Darcy and will only fill out.

People bagging chris mayne take a step back.
Watch his interview... this bloke is gonna give everything to the black & white. Thats enough for me, and it should excite you knowing he'll never give up, and give the club you love his all.
I would be happy to get knocked out every week if that meant playing for Collingwood. So what if he is going to give his all his all isn't good

At 196cm & 95 kegs he is no flanker, quite simply a key position player. Physically he is more developed than Darcy and will only fill out.

Google has him listed as 197cm and 82kg...someone's scales aren't working then!

Edit: GWS site has him as 93kg. I guess he did spend time at the Rocca's after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, I've watched him play a bit. He's as much of a key position player as Gault and White are. He's got the size, but at the end of the day he's a third tall/relief ruck playing on a flank. He's no CHF or FF, and we're getting desperate if that's where we're looking to play him.

Brisbane reportedly offering late 3rd rounder for Frosty. They currently have pick 51 in the 3rd round. That equates to a pick 38 bid for Brown/Daicos with f/s discount. Easy done.

Other hypothetical-
Gibbs to Crows for Pick 13
Rockliff to carlton for pick 13
Lions get pick 13.

Rockliff would fit in well at carlton.
If Rockliff goes to Carlton over us I'll be gutted.

There is more to being a key position player then merely being big. You have to play like a big man. Take contested marks, be good at contested one on one physical footy, crash packs etc Just like Jesse White, and Lachlan Keeffe, James Stewart plays like a flanker. He is mobile for his size and quite skilful, great attributes for a flanker, but his big man game, his contested footy, isn't great.

They are hoping that one of Breust, Shiels, Smith, Sicily will consider a move north and if not may have to involve a 3rd team to get the deal done. When I first heard the rumour that Greenwood was being offered up for trade for some reason I thought it may have have to do with Hawthorn
So they lose Mitchell and one of those to bring in a merc from elsewhere. That'll go down well;)

Gone be bit Funny how most of our New Players have come in the 1st 3 Days and Not wait to last 24 Hours to get our Big Targets.

Say WHE will be done either Early Next Week or Might be something done in last 24 hours when other Trades are done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back