List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just heard Nathan Brown is doing a medical at Stkilda . A mate of mine told me has anyone heard anything?
Also i heard the buldogs are showing some interest in him?
Has anyone got more concrete info?

Pretty sure I heard on the radio it was Mitch Brown mate

I don't mean they deserve it in the sense that they've done anything wrong.

I'm just talking in a sense that a club should win a flag every 18 years, and spend one year out of the finals for every year they make it.

Not punishment or anything like that. If they can stay at the top, good on them. I'm just talking natural progression/fluctuation.
Thats not how it should work at all mate.

Bridges were burnt apparently. Had a falling out over money.
That's annoying. Leaves a significant hole down back in key position stocks, especially with Reid's injury prone nature. There aren't many out there on the market either

That's annoying. Leaves a significant hole down back in key position stocks, especially with Reid's injury prone nature. There aren't many out there on the market either
He'll either need to sign for what we offers him or he won't be playing AFL in 2017 because apparently North pulled out of buying him and there were no more offers around for him. Source Jay Clark.

Why not? You'd rather a team winning a flag every 5-10 years than an even competition?

I'd be all for Collingwood winning the next 10 flags in a row, however.
agree - sick of Swans Cats and Hawks dominating and effectively going deep into the finals for 10 years straight. That's probably why it was so refreshing to see the Dogs this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wrap my head around this. Vickery is poo, Jaeger could quite possibly never play a game... only mitchell is decent. And they're gonna lose lewis and mitchell for those 2 ? Id be devastated if this was happening at collingwood. Not a way to treat club legends, both players deserve to end their career on their terms at THEIR club.

I think they were trying to get the best of both worlds, and its starting to not pan out.

They kept all their veterans, rather than making some tough list management decisions. And youd suggest some of those guys are either on decent coin or needed convincing to take a pay cut (if not some salary cap rorting going on).

They then want to bring some younger good-to-great, but don't want to give away any of their own young talent.

And they want to do all this while trying to keep others happy... Something was gonna have to give at some point. (as long as they were complying with cap rules).

WCE were doing them a favour by taking on Mitchell's salary (and getting a very good player for 1year or so) - and I am very glad the Eagles werent pressured into giving up any picks of note.

Lewis will be another big loss - and you can see why he might not be happy with the direction of the club.

The funny thing is - those were their 2 "veterans" still consistently performing at the highest level.
I think both Hodge and Gibson are very close to being past it, and wouldn't be suprised if both are really exposed next year, and Burgoyne is very good when on, but also inconsistent... You wonder if the Hawks are really regretting trying to take the high road by resigning all three (in a big public response to North).

At least this shows that they are having to face cap pressures.

Will you see one tonight? On a downtown train?

With the lack of happening on trade front for us, surely it means something big in pipeline, as we've gone from frost and Cloke being straight forward trades to not happening for days?

You might want to delete this post mate, as you've legit just outed your source, and given away valuable ip in regards to our father son ratings if the info is legit...

Most clubs know all the Father son stuff pretty early, the top 20 is pretty much locked up a couple weeks out with a couple of twist, how do you think they get it so accurate come Draft time, most clubs have between 3-7 recruiters all around Aus, they don't miss much.

My source had no issue with me sharing it, I have been told things before that I can't share which have never been posted.

The source isnt who you think it is, keep trying to make a huge deal out of something thats very small, 2 post now on my comments, feel free to block me if you have an issue.

I provide snippets to the board who mostly enjoy and appreciate.

Why not? You'd rather a team winning a flag every 5-10 years than an even competition?

I'd be all for Collingwood winning the next 10 flags in a row, however.
Whoever plays the best through the year and on the big day wins.
There should be by no means some form of system of who wins... its a sport.
Whoever does it the best on and off the field wins, if a team/teams happens to do it better for a long stretch of time, then congrats to them.

Whoever plays the best through the year and on the big day wins.
There should be by no means some form of system of who wins... its a sport.
Whoever does it the best on and off the field wins, if a team/teams happens to do it better for a long stretch of time, then congrats to them.

I don't think you know what I'm trying to say but that's OK. Let's just hope the Pies can go on a three-peat sometime soon.

Most clubs know all the Father son stuff pretty early, how do you think they get it so accurate come Draft time, most clubs have between 3-7 recruiters all around Aus, they don't miss much.

My source had no issue with me sharing it, I have been told things before that I can't share which have never been posted.

The source isnt who you think it is, keep trying to make a huge deal out of something thats very small, 2 post now on my comments, feel free to block me if you have an issue.
I don't have an issue mate, was just concerned you might get your mate in trouble. Stop being so defensive...

I don't think you know what I'm trying to say but that's OK. Let's just hope the Pies can go on a three-peat sometime soon.
Your saying in an ideal word every club wins one flag each in an 18 year period. That'd be just as boring as hawks winning 4 in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back