Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I am as angry as a lot of people for losing
Performances from alot
Of players that aren’t usually playing like that
We prob should of won after them
Being the better side most of the day as we always do this last run in the 4th
A few really really terrible and non called frees which I don’t really carry on about isually

Absolutely crushed losing that
We needed to
Stay top 4

Everyone needs to calm down about a few players having a crap game after usually killing it
Jesus
Agree mate.

Honestly our midfield is lacking, is Mitchell the answer I am not sure, it is a bit of a worry when comparing it against other top 8 sides. I feel for the backline when it seems to come in so easy. I have faith in the coaching staff but feel they have limited options at moment. We need a big forward target (hopefully McStay), we need a Murphy replacement and need a clearance beast like a Cripps or Rowell hopefully we can find them.

Mason Cox was 1st ruck for the Finals series.
Yes he did more rucking IIRC.

Cox actually has been a massive costly injury.
Despite all the calls to drop him. Our structure is off without him. Others have to play out of position.

He’s a better centre bounce ruckman than Cameron IMO.

Cameron probably does better around the ground.

VFL have been woeful all year. Has not reflected in the players who have come into the seniors.

Dean will come in for next week. Shoota will be back. Bruz & Beau will likely be fine.

That's the strange thing. The VFL have been so poor, and guys who haven't set the world on fire in the VFL, come into the AFL side and their performance and ability goes up another 5 levels.
I'm thinking Josh Eyre will be the next one to step up to AFL level....

Honestly our midfield is lacking, is Mitchell the answer I am not sure, it is a bit of a worry when comparing it against other top 8 sides. I feel for the backline when it seems to come in so easy. I have faith in the coaching staff but feel they have limited options at moment. We need a big forward target (hopefully McStay), we need a Murphy replacement and need a clearance beast like a Cripps or Rowell hopefully we can find them.

I did not understand why Richards was the sub. I would have started Richards inside the F50, and DeGoey starting in the midfield.
The sub should have been Sidebottom or Harrison...

He looks like he’s on the edibles after op shopping all day in Brunswick street with his hippie missus.

he doesnt look confident and he doesnt look that concerned... someone mentioned him in the press conference midweek and the coach said that there's nothing wrong with him but he's up in some things and down in others...

so I assume his performance in commercials is up.....and his performance on the field is down

That's the strange thing. The VFL have been so poor, and guys who haven't set the world on fire in the VFL, come into the AFL side and their performance and ability goes up another 5 levels.
I'm thinking Josh Eyre will be the next one to step up to AFL level....
The whole VFL comp is poor, it's not just our team.

The results from those matches are irrelevant.

The coaches see these players train with the seniors every week.

Maybe we played too many underdone players at once today.

Pendles checkers and degoey have all missed a bit of footy. Checkers and Jordy seemed ready but maybe Pendles was back a week early.

Markov inclusion was a mistake. He clearly had an anomaly season last year.

Missed Schultz for sure. Hope everyone sees his value now.

I’m just not sure we’re good enough this year. We’re a top 8 side. But others have risen and we’ve dropped off a bit. Not sure we’re a top 4 side this year.

Disappointing to have dropped off as soon as we hit the front. Conceding not one but two goals was terrible.

Worst game Cameron has played this year. He’s been one of our most consistent this year.

Injuries and no points. Horrible evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just frustrated at the ease with which GC cleared the ball from congestion and were able to run the length of the field constantly. Not sure how we fix that because sides have worked that out a bit.

You said the VFL quality is bad. Just saying that it’s probably the best state comp in the country. Maybe we just aren’t a good team to watch this year. We were ok to watch at the start of the year.
My comments were actually in response to someone asking who are we going to bring in from our VFL side because they are so terrible.

My point was .. the VFL comp is poor. And that really doesn't mean much in relation to our AFL listed players, because as we've seen, they do mostly perform when asked to play in the seniors.

I'm not interested in the VFL comp tbh. It's awful to watch imo. Or any of the other state comps for that matter.

I'm only interested in our AFL listed players.

My comments were actually in response to someone asking who are we going to bring in from our VFL side because they are so terrible.

My point was .. the VFL comp is poor. And that really doesn't mean much in relation to our AFL listed players, because as we've seen, they do mostly perform when asked to play in the seniors.

I'm not interested in the VFL comp tbh. It's awful to watch imo. Or any of the other state comps for that matter.

I'm only interested in our AFL listed players.
The VFL comp is actually not poor. Just because we suck and are unwatchable to watch doesn’t mean it’s a poor comp.

You wouldn’t find it poor if we were near the top and playing attractive footy.
I wasn't referring to just our matches. I've watched footy for a very long time. I watch other VFL matches.

I find it poor quality. That's my opinion.

And no, you actually don't know what I would think ..

Can we please leave it now. Because I'm really not interested in discussing the VFL.

I wasn't referring to just our matches. I've watched footy for a very long time. I watch other VFL matches.

I find it poor quality. That's my opinion.

And no, you actually don't know what I would think ..

Can we please leave it now. Because I'm really not interested in discussing the VFL.

Ok no problem. Don't agree with you one bit about the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back