Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Body of work? Where & when recently?

I love AJ & want him to stay at the Pies, but seriously, his recent form in both the AFL or VFL has been well below expected standards.

I sincerely hope he turns it on tomorrow night.
Compared to Reef or what other viable forward option

He's the "X" factor 2nd/3rd tall forward we need.

Between rounds 3-12 he's had 20 scoring shots on goal

He's a work in progress - and we need to continue putting work into him

Reef as a 3rd tall isn't winning us a final, AJ has that capability

We need to invest in him with an eye to the future

Unless of course you have a better 2nd/3rd tall option available

Yes, I fully understand we have our biggest forward out and this is why we've replaced him with another forward. I'm merely stating his form doesn't warrant it.

Well hopefully getting dropped last week will be the wake up call. His form against Frankston wasn't the best, but apparently he was ill last week, and did well to even play in the VFL, according to Fly.
If he can kick 2 or 3 tomorrow night, and have a hand in a few others, that's all we ask of him....

Compared to Reef or what other viable forward option

He's the "X" factor 2nd/3rd tall forward we need.

Between rounds 3-12 he's had 20 scoring shots on goal

He's a work in progress - and we need to continue putting work into him

Reef as a 3rd tall isn't winning us a final, AJ has that capability

We need to invest in him with an eye to the future

Unless of course you have a better 2nd/3rd tall option available
Like I said, I'm a fan of AJ.

I'm merely stating I'm surprised he got a call up this week based on his most RECENT form.

Well hopefully getting dropped last week will be the wake up call. His form against Frankston wasn't the best, but apparently he was ill last week, and did well to even play in the VFL, according to Fly.
If he can kick 2 or 3 tomorrow night, and have a hand in a few others, that's all we ask of him....
I'm a fan of AJ. I want him to succeed and stay a Pie.

I'm regretting posting my surprise at his selection tbh 🙄

Like I said, I'm a fan of AJ.

I'm merely stating I'm surprised he got a call up this week based on his most RECENT form.
Depends how much you rate a win against a team that would struggle in a country league.

He has shown that he is very capable at AFL level. Can take a big mark and is a good shot at goal. Probably our best option right now.
Yes. I know. I've made sure I've said in absolutely EVERY comment, I'm a fan of AJ. I'm just surprised he got selected this week based on his past couple of performances.

Depends how much you rate a win against a team that would struggle in a country league.
His recent form in the AFL has been below his standards...hence why he was playing in the 2's. He even told Fly he wanted to go back to the 2's to find form. Which he obviously didn't find last week..."against a team which would struggle in a country league".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson has been down on confidence and with that form but he's still more likely than McInnes to win the ball through an overhead mark and remains the more proven goal kicker at AFL level.

I would have been happy to see Reef play but we've gone with the marking targer rather than the leading one.

Bianco as sub is a bit of a surprise as his impact to me is through weight of numbers across 4 quarters at VFL level rather than possessing any great weapon that could exploit an AFL level opposition late in a game.

Well a few players are going to have to make a statement in this game, to hold their place in this side.
Next week we could have, Maynard, Mihocek, McStay and Sidebottom as all possible IN's.....
Good point.Unless AJ really burns it up tomorrow,I think he will come straight out for Mcstay and Mihocek when they come back,possibly next week.

Still have to question, we have a $600k a year forward, who we desperately wanted, playing in the twos when there’s a hole in the side right now.
Either he’s fit or he isn’t. I’m not sure why he needs the game in the twos other than he must be lacking some confidence. Not sure one game in the twos will be enough.

Good point.Unless AJ really burns it up tomorrow,I think he will come straight out for Mcstay and Mihocek when they come back,possibly next week.
I think AJ will make a statement tomorrow. He's the number 1 banana tomorrow and that will be the start of cracking remainder of the season for AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back