Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens at every club, no need to give up again.
Not giving up. We will still field a very good side and the Dogs are missing Liam Jones who is a key player in their defence.

What I said was true- Brisbane and Adelaide have had a charmed run for most of the year. The Lions are not missing anyone and have not all year. They dropped Gunston and Rich and most say Zorko is not in their best 22. They have a few players on the outer edges of the team like Fullarton out and Dunkley is a maybe this week but all year they have breezed through the season and it makes a huge difference with continuity and simply having your best team on the park. At the Crows Doedee is their only best 22 injured and that happened two weeks ago. Bad injury runs don't happen at every club and that is why the healthiest lists usually play in the grand final. In 2018 we made the grannie despite having injuries and had to play a half back flanker in Langdon and a Mr. Fixit who had just returned from an ACL in the same year in Goldsack playing as our other key defender. Port have also had a great run and it is only recently they have had Lycett with injury probs and Dixon a few weeks back. Georgiadis was in and out when he did his knee.

We had a great run in 2010 and look what happened. The Giants have been absolutely gutted by multiple injuries for years now. It's not being biased to note that some teams seem to be more prone to long injury lists than others. Essendon have had a bad run for a while too.

viewed through another lens, injuries have forced the selection committee to rotate the squad .... an action that probably wouldnt have happened given mcraes stated reluctance to rest players

you never wish injuries on a player, but there are long-term selection benefits here as we approach finals

Last edited:
Not giving up. We will still field a very good side and the Dogs are missing Liam Jones who is a key player in their defence.

What I said was true- Brisbane and Adelaide have had a charmed run for most of the year. The Lions are not missing anyone and have not all year. They dropped Gunston and Rich and most say Zorko is not in their best 22. They have a few players on the outer edges of the team like Fullarton out and Dunkley is a maybe this week but all year they have breezed through the season and it makes a huge difference with continuity and simply having your best team on the park. At the Crows Doedee is their only best 22 injured and that happened two weeks ago. Bad injury runs don't happen at every club and that is why the healthiest lists usually play in the grand final. In 2018 we made the grannie despite having injuries and had to play a half back flanker in Langdon and a Mr. Fixit who had just returned from an ACL in the same year in Goldsack playing as our other key defender. Port have also had a great run and it is only recently they have had Lycett with injury probs and Dixon a few weeks back. Georgiadis was in and out when he did his knee.

We had a great run in 2010 and look what happened. The Giants have been absolutely gutted by multiple injuries for years now. It's not being biased to note that some teams seem to be more prone to long injury lists than others. Essendon have had a bad run for a while too.

Jones is missing for them, but l think losing Johannisen was just as bad, as he was playing good footy for before he got injured.

Last edited:
viewed through another lens, injuries have forced the selection committee to rotate the squad .... an action that probably wouldnt have happened given mcraes stated reluctance to rest players

you never wish injuries on a player, but there are long-term selection benefits here as we approach finals
It's what I always laugh at each week when those who keep banging on about 'resting' players then go & whine about injuries. If any two players needed a rest, it was Checkers & Bruzzy. 😆

Why would he be embarrassed to being giving his all for the club?
Also, he has sustained a concussion, hardly something to joke about.
I'm not blaming or attacking him. I would feel embarrassed if I signed with a club who had invested in me and I had spent the vast majority of the time in rehab for a variety of injuries. That's just me. I'd feel like I wasn't giving value and repaying their faith in me. It is not in any way condemning him nor is it making a joke about his concussion.

I would feel the same as a teacher if a new school appointed me to a job and I missed months of teaching due to illness or injury. It's not my fault or choice but it's simply human nature to feel you are letting down those who have faith in you.

I'm not blaming or attacking him. I would feel embarrassed if I signed with a club who had invested in me and I had spent the vast majority of the time in rehab for a variety of injuries. That's just me. I'd feel like I wasn't giving value and repaying their faith in me. It is not in any way condemning him nor is it making a joke about his concussion.

I would feel the same as a teacher if a new school appointed me to a job and I missed months of teaching due to illness or injury. It's not my fault or choice but it's simply human nature to feel you are letting down those who have faith in you.
He’s not letting anyone down. If he doesn’t make it he can hold his head high. He gave his all.

I am sure he is a lot more frustrated about his situation than you might be with it. Suggesting he should be almost embarrassed to turn up to the medical room is ridiculous.

Out of our three ruckman, Cox is the best forward atm. I find it odd that your solution to our forwardline problem is to move him out of it.

He’s also our best tap ruckman. And our best long kick-in target from defence. I’d like to see Cox play 60% ruck, 20% forward and 20% testing in the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure he is a lot more frustrated about his situation than you might be with it. Suggesting he should be almost embarrassed to turn up to the medical room is ridiculous.
Seriously? If I have missed three weeks of work due to a bad virus and on the cusp of my return I fall and break my leg I can tell you I would be feeling embarrassed as I rang the school to inform them that I will not be returning as anticipated regardless of the fact it wasn't my fault. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive and concerned about what others might think about me but that's the truth.

Seriously? If I have missed three weeks of work due to a bad virus and on the cusp of my return I fall and break my leg I can tell you I would be feeling embarrassed as I rang the school to inform them that I will not be returning as anticipated regardless of the fact it wasn't my fault. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive and concerned about what others might think about me but that's the truth.

Almost exactly the same situation. Except Ash wouldn’t have the burden of knowing how much the kids prefer the temp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your analogy has nothing to do with Krueger.

As someone who was an advocate of McStay returning via the VFL I can't complain if that's the way it goes.

Still, with Mihocek now out I'm prepared to immediately stand for nothing and say just play McStay. :p

The Dogs have a talented list, many will say they've under performed in relation to it so far and they always presented as a difficult opponent this week.

With Maynard and Mihocek now set to miss, both heart and soul players at each end of the ground, the path to victory just got a lot more rocky.

Game on.

Just like Elliott.

But they were both sore. Maynard has had issue with that shoulder for a few weeks now. Its just more sore this week
I don't mind them having a rest if they are actually carrying something which is preventing them playing their best. It's those that advocate resting a player just for the sake of it or because Geelong did it last year, which drives me nutty 😆

My brain hurts trying to figure out selection this week.

Will Frampton now play forward to cover for Mihocek or remain in defence because Maynard is out?

Do we need to replace Maynard with another defensive option should Frampton play forward or was there already enough defensive covers within the 22 from last week and the returning midfielder in De Goey with suffice?

If Frampton plays in defence who should replace Mihocek given McStay is seemingly ruled out? Do we turn to the out of form marking target Johnson or look to lower our eyes and include a leading forward target like McInnes after his 6 goal game?

Is Harrison still likely to be omitted or will he now survive? Is he the right choice as sub given the omissions?

difference here is that the injury occurred : 1) On the Job and 2 ) in front of his employers 3) doing the work required of him by said employers... hardly think the employers would think poorly of him for doing his job well and with vigour????

My brain hurts trying to figure out selection this week.

Will Frampton now play forward to cover for Mihocek or remain in defence because Maynard is out?

Do we need to replace Maynard with another defensive option should Frampton play forward or was there already enough defensive covers within the 22 from last week and the returning midfielder in De Goey with suffice?

If Frampton plays in defence who should replace Mihocek given McStay is seemingly ruled out? Do we turn to the out of form marking target Johnson or look to lower our eyes and include a leading forward target like McInnes after his 6 goal game?

Is Harrison still likely to be omitted or will he now survive? Is he the right choice as sub given the omissions?
I reckon HH keeps the sub position this week, just from the last part of training I saw. Could be wrong, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back