Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injuries give the Pies a chance to experiment a bit this week. I like the idea of Frampton up forward along with whichever of Cox and Frampton is resting from the ruck and Elliott playing as the third forward. Ryan's form has been good apparently at VFL level so may be the ideal time to give him a game in Maynard's absence. Since Johnson went back to find form in the 2s, it's not a good idea to play him as a sub. Since the first choice is not ideal, putting McInnes on the bench allows the flexibility to bring him on and play forward if Frampton is needed to switch back. From Fly's presser it sounds as if he will play forward to start off with unless Johnson plays.

OUT: Maynard, Mihocek
IN: Jakob Ryan, De Goey
SUB: McInnes

Well when you feel the need for a few goals. Degoey is the answer.
Name me one single better option at FF.

Please don't say, Reef, McStay or AJ.
No i agree he would be the best choice, but his current quality in midfield far outweighs what he'll do as a forward so I'd go with one of those you mentioned.

Johnson or Reef for Mihocek
Ruscoe for Maynard
DeGoey for Harrison
McCreery sub

If it's Reef play Pagans paddock with him 💪🏼
DeGoey for Mihocek
Ryan for Maynard
Harrison sub if possible.
Not sure of the sub rule.

Yes I think this is what is happening too
Mihocek as well
We can all see what a great difference it made to Billy
Love your work bro.
Mihocek did clutch at his hamstring late in the last. Hamstring tightness should only see him miss one though. Doubt he's getting a rest. Precautionary although yeah a little rest as well..
Risky to play him Friday

Love your work bro.
Mihocek did clutch at his hamstring late in the last. Hamstring tightness should only see him miss one though. Doubt he's getting a rest. Precautionary although yeah a little rest as well..
Risky to play him Friday
I think we are on the same page
I dont think they are resting guys who dont need it
But I think the threshold of injury or "soreness" (as mcrae referred to both of them) is much lower right now

I think we are on the same page
I dont think they are resting guys who dont need it
But I think the threshold of injury or "soreness" (as mcrae referred to both of them) is much lower right now
Like Geelong last year. Some saying they rested players for the benefit. I think these rested players were very sore. Being the oldest team in the comp and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not sound like Johnson is coming back, Macca made a few excuses for him (our club seems to have a few out with illness every week) but he didn't sound too enthused even with limited options.

I'm pretty confident McStay is slower, but also pretty confident that he'd get to more contests.

Maybe so. But I think it puts a dent in the argument that the coaches would have to be idiots due to a “fast Marvel surface”.

Maybe so. But I think it puts a dent in the argument that the coaches would have to be idiots due to a “fast Marvel surface”.
Yeah I didn't get the argument. Last week we had Frampton and Cox together up forward for a chunk of the game. It's likely to be the same forward line as last week but quicker with Reef coming in for Checkers

Last edited:
You reward form don’t you?

Reef in for Checkers
DeGoey in (not replacing but for Maynard)

Leave Billy down back to man Naughton and free up Howe to do what he does best

Push Crisp back to HBF

A forward line of Cox/Cameron, Reef, Elliott, Hill, Adams and a resting mid will be just fine.

Let’s not overthink structure as our game style is based more on dynamic movement anyway.

Pies by 19 with a few scares

You reward form don’t you?

Reef in for Checkers
DeGoey in (not replacing but for Maynard)

Leave Billy down back to man Naughton and free up Howe to do what he does best

Push Crisp back to HBF

A forward line of Cox/Cameron, Reef, Elliott, Hill, Adams and a resting mid will be just fine.

Let’s not overthink structure as our game style is based more on dynamic movement anyway.

Pies by 19 with a few scares
The dynamic movement is built on a structure with a number of defenders who hold their position and a number who get on their bikes and run and create.

I don't think it's strange that Fly treats every player on an individual basis. If a qtr or 2 in the VFL is what they both think would work for him, then so be it.
Their thinking may have changed with Checkers out and Johnson not offering a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back