Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For as long as I can remember this has been a repeating pattern at Collingwood. Someone returns from long term injury or suspension, and we look like getting our best team on the park and then we lose one or two quality players. It was often DeGoey in and Adams out with an injury or Moore back and Howe out. It's been a rare thing to have our genuine best 23 on the park for a long, long time. I know these are supposedly short term injuries but it reminds me of how quickly a season can unravel with an injury or two to the wrong players at the wrong time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sad Michael J Fox GIF

Changes would be pretty straight forward now

Out: Maynard, Mihocek
In: De Goey, McStay

Harrison probably gets another go as the sub.

Assuming Nick will stay in the middle Framtpon to the backline and Murphy or Howe get pushed down to Maynard’s role. WHE to the forward line Crisp to the wing and JDG to the middle.
I think Harvey has been given a good run and it is time for someone else to be sub.

Maynard out is a big blow. Even though we'll play team defence as always, I'd say matchups will look something like:

Moore - Ugle-Hagam
Murphy - Naughton
Frampton - Lobb
Howe - Hannan
Quaynor - Weightman

If Frampton is playing forward, then you'd probably play Moore on Lobb, and shuffle up Murphy & Howe.

Why do supporters panick when we get injuries. It's all part of footy and it's rare for any club to have its best 22/23 selected each week.
We have played all season with very good players out, and continue to win. We had no ruckman for about 5 weeks and were still winning, thanks to big Billy Frampton.
We have players who will come in, play their role and they come in knowing the game plan, and what is expected of them. The other bonus is that the players who will come in eg. Ruscoe, will want to play well, because they will want to remain in the side....

Maynard out is a big blow. Even though we'll play team defence as always, I'd say matchups will look something like:

Moore - Ugle-Hagam
Murphy - Naughton
Frampton - Lobb
Howe - Hannan
Quaynor - Weightman

If Frampton is playing forward, then you'd probably play Moore on Lobb, and shuffle up Murphy & Howe.
Howe thrashed Lobb in the semi final last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore - Ugle-Hagam
Murphy - Naughton
Frampton - Lobb
Howe - Hannan
Quaynor - Weightman

I think Ruscoe will come in and play his role down back, probably get Hannan...

IN: Reef, De Goey
OUT: Mihocek, Maynard, Harrison

SUB: Ruscoe/Ginnivan

Why do supporters panick when we get injuries. It's all part of footy and it's rare for any club to have its best 22/23 selected each week.
We have played all season with very good players out, and continue to win. We had no ruckman for about 5 weeks and were still winning, thanks to big Billy Frampton.
We have players who will come in, play their role and they come in knowing the game plan, and what is expected of them. The other bonus is that the players who will come in eg. Ruscoe, will want to play well, because they will want to remain in the side....
Because some supporters are so myopic they cant see what is happening elsewhere.

Ins and outs agree.
Not sure HH gets two back to back subs though. He didn't do enough in his half game to warrant a full game IMO. So he could maybe be an out too, and someone else from VFL comes in to be sub. I'd been ok with Reef after his latest VFL game.
Markov got two game in a row as the sub and so Reef at the start of year. I’d prefer we let Reef build form in the VFL then play him as the sub.

If I was Freddy I would almost feel embarrassed to front up in the medical room. It's getting ridiculous. He was not built to play this game. Maybe volleyball?
Why would he be embarrassed to being giving his all for the club?
Also, he has sustained a concussion, hardly something to joke about.

For as long as I can remember this has been a repeating pattern at Collingwood. Someone returns from long term injury or suspension, and we look like getting our best team on the park and then we lose one or two quality players. It was often DeGoey in and Adams out with an injury or Moore back and Howe out. It's been a rare thing to have our genuine best 23 on the park for a long, long time. I know these are supposedly short term injuries but it reminds me of how quickly a season can unravel with an injury or two to the wrong players at the wrong time.
It happens at every club, no need to give up again.

IN: Reef, De Goey
OUT: Mihocek, Maynard, Harrison

SUB: Ruscoe/Ginnivan

I was waiting for someone to mention Reef as a potential IN. I’m ambivalent but 6 goals is 6 goals and he’d have to come under consideration.

As much as I think the dogs are over rated (like they are every year) this is now a sneaky tough game especially since it’s at marvel

Pies by 33 still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back