Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain hurts trying to figure out selection this week.

Will Frampton now play forward to cover for Mihocek or remain in defence because Maynard is out?

Do we need to replace Maynard with another defensive option should Frampton play forward or was there already enough defensive covers within the 22 from last week and the returning midfielder in De Goey with suffice?

If Frampton plays in defence who should replace Mihocek given McStay is seemingly ruled out? Do we turn to the out of form marking target Johnson or look to lower our eyes and include a leading forward target like McInnes after his 6 goal game?

Is Harrison still likely to be omitted or will he now survive? Is he the right choice as sub given the omissions?
I'd think Ruscoe or Ryan would come in for Bruzzy, most likely Ruscoe, because he is a bit bigger and stronger.

The dogs lost four in a row, including to North Melbourne before beating Fremantle at home. Surely we have them covered?

The dogs lost four in a row, including to North Melbourne before beating Fremantle at home. Surely we have them covered?
Dogs lost three in a row before beating North and Freo.

difference here is that the injury occurred : 1) On the Job and 2 ) in front of his employers 3) doing the work required of him by said employers... hardly think the employers would think poorly of him for doing his job well and with vigour????
Just me, I guess. If I kept breaking down and incurring one injury after another I would feel I was letting the club down. I'm not attacking or blaming or accusing anyone of anything. It's human nature. You are being paid to play.

My brain hurts trying to figure out selection this week.

Will Frampton now play forward to cover for Mihocek or remain in defence because Maynard is out?

Do we need to replace Maynard with another defensive option should Frampton play forward or was there already enough defensive covers within the 22 from last week and the returning midfielder in De Goey with suffice?

If Frampton plays in defence who should replace Mihocek given McStay is seemingly ruled out? Do we turn to the out of form marking target Johnson or look to lower our eyes and include a leading forward target like McInnes after his 6 goal game?

Is Harrison still likely to be omitted or will he now survive? Is he the right choice as sub given the omissions?
I think you're over thinking it ..

Cox or Frampton can play both/either ruck & forward.

Nick can go back to defence now JDG is back. Or stay mid.

Ruscoe a chance to come in to replace Bruzzy. Or maybe he's the sub.

mcstay playing vfl seems odd to me given checkers is out and lippa and Howe both came straight back after missing basically as many weeks. All of them had shoulder/arm injuries so fitness a no issue. The he needs “ball work argument” would seem odd as well given howeys arm problems
I don't think it's strange that Fly treats every player on an individual basis. If a qtr or 2 in the VFL is what they both think would work for him, then so be it.

I reckon HH keeps the sub position this week, just from the last part of training I saw. Could be wrong, so we'll see.

With De Goey returning this week, Elliott a couple of rounds before that and with the presence of Hill and McCreery I feel it now swings the balance away from the need for Harrison especially with the loss of a tall forward and medium defender.

I still think they are capable of being very dangerous. When you look at the names in that team they seem to be underperforming.
They are equal 4th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mcstay playing vfl seems odd to me given checkers is out and lippa and Howe both came straight back after missing basically as many weeks. All of them had shoulder/arm injuries so fitness a no issue. The he needs “ball work argument” would seem odd as well given howeys arm problems
Yeah something doesn’t add up

Yeah something doesn’t add up
All our other seniors who had long lay offs came straight in, not saying there’s anymore to it, just given our lack of talls it appears odd. Even more so after he was only expected to play limited minutes in the vfl last week. Wouldn’t have though that would make or break him playing seniors but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

With De Goey returning this week, Elliott a couple of rounds before that and with the presence of Hill and McCreery I feel it now swings the balance away from the need for Harrison especially with the loss of a tall forward and medium defender.
I suspect that the sub will be one of AJ or Reef

Maybe Dan has asked to spend time in the VFL first? He's had a few setbacks with that finger. He may not feel confident going straight back into the seniors.
I was actually thinking this myself. Only thing would make sense is he’s lacking some confidence and perhaps has indicated he’d prefer to play a bit of VFL first.
The checkers absence was the perfect opportunity for him to walk back in.

Would be idiotic if we use Cox and Frampton as the key forwards on a fast Marvel surface
Our coaching group don’t strike me as idiots, so I reckon they will have a cunning plan that might just work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back