Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so my english isn't so great.. my apologies but questioning my age when your original response was 'yeah, ok guy' might be time to have a look at yourself mate.

If your English isn't great and mine isn't 100%...use smaller, easier words! Not ones that mean the complete opposite!

To a point I agree but surely one must severely consider that playing ruck (with virtually no experience apart from being tallish) is different to KP forward or back. If he had the same workrate as a forward I'd be the first to question his commitment to the team but until that, he stays in.

I am not saying that Carlisle will or should be dropped. But there is no doubt that Bomba isn't impressed with Carlisle's attitude and workrate.

I am not saying that Carlisle will or should be dropped. But there is no doubt that Bomba isn't impressed with Carlisle's attitude and workrate.

Oh I agree, but I'd rather not judge him when he is playing in a position he has played a grand total of 2-3 full games there. Needs to lift though and I expect he will!

Why is Gleeson out?

I love where this kid is going but I want a team full of developed men when available. He is smart with the ball and xan slip tackles but on a few occasions didn't impact contests because of his lack of size.

I don't think Jetta "deserves" to be dropped on the basis of last week but I have suggested leaving him out on the back of the returns.

With the way I selected the side you could easily have had Howlett out and Gleeson as a sub, in fact I would probably prefer that this morning.

I am also acutely aware of the hole Dempsey has left in our side and I want Winderlich to fill that. He did it well last year and it got him back into form.

Gleeson can be exposed for lack of strength down back. I want him playing games in the midfield for VFL and playing forward or sub in AFL for this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love where this kid is going but I want a team full of developed men when available. He is smart with the ball and xan slip tackles but on a few occasions didn't impact contests because of his lack of size.

I don't think Jetta "deserves" to be dropped on the basis of last week but I have suggested leaving him out on the back of the returns.

With the way I selected the side you could easily have had Howlett out and Gleeson as a sub, in fact I would probably prefer that this morning.

I am also acutely aware of the hole Dempsey has left in our side and I want Winderlich to fill that. He did it well last year and it got him back into form.

Gleeson can be exposed for lack of strength down back. I want him playing games in the midfield for VFL and playing forward or sub in AFL for this year.

So you want to play our most dangerous forward in defence, and drop a well performed half back?

Should be a cracker lads, looking forward to it. Nice way to start the long weekend with a Webering before the footy.
I think your speed and ball use might trouble us and I doubt your form from last weekend is relevant this week. Hopefully our MC have been working on ways to counter it.

Should be a cracker lads, looking forward to it. Nice way to start the long weekend with a Webering before the footy.
I think your speed and ball use might trouble us and I doubt your form from last weekend is relevant this week. Hopefully our MC have been working on ways to counter it.
I like the subtle inference of Weber > BBQ there. ;)

We need run from defence. We need all 6 defenders to be able to compete physically in what will be a ding dong battle between two sides trying to go from 8-5 to top 4.
I would say that Hibberd and Gleeson are comfortably better runners of the ball than Winderlich is now. Winderlich is most dangerous sitting in the forward 50.

We need run from defence. We need all 6 defenders to be able to compete physically in what will be a ding dong battle between two sides trying to go from 8-5 to top 4.
Compete physically in defence? We've conceded 400 points in 5 games ffs, that's close to elite defending

Your opinion is your own obviously, but there is no way I would take one of our more reliable avenues to goal out of the forward line, and place him in a position on the ground we already have very good coverage in.

Madness IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back