Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Doc Reid, it sounds like Ambrose and Bellchambers will both be considered for selection, but Goddard probably won't.

My guess is

IN: Ambrose, Bellchambers, Winderlich
OUT: Jetta, Carlisle, Ashby

B: Baguley - Hurley - Fletcher
HB: Hibberd - Hooker - Gleeson
C: Merrett - Watson - Stanton
HF: Ambrose - Daniher - Chapman
F: Winderlich - Bellchambers - Hardingham
R: Ryder - Heppell - Myers
I: Hocking - Howlett - Zaharakis
S: Melksham

But I'd probably drop Melksham ahead of Ashby, and probably start Carlisle down back as well at either Ashby or Howlett's expense.

The Triple M call was the best, insofar as Lyon, Taylor and Brayshaw completely devolving into gibbering hysteria.

fivedollars.png

Not afraid of Collingwood's forward line. Cloke has been average all year (I'm not convinced after one okay performance), and we will have White and Elliott covered. What I am wary of is their midfield - and more specifically, the goal-kicking ability of Pendlebury, Swan, Beams et al. We will have to shut down these guys and have our own midfielders kick goals.

Cloke was more than ok. Elliot is picking up a lot of possies whilst still taking marks and kicking goals. White has been good. Underestimate him at your own peril.

Surprised no one posted it!

Credit to Brian Taylor. He was amazing.

Sounds as though Ambrose will be passed fit to play this week, will be interested to see if he comes straight into the 1s, may depend on the availability of Goddard and Bellchambers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great write up, as usual.
Just one question..have we ever not been tipped to win?!
I didn't tip us against Hawthorn last year.

Any word on how Hardingham pulled up? I read he had some hamstring tightness or something ? He could be an out with Ambrose to replace him.

Would that leave us too tall if Carlisle stayed in with TBC also coming in though?

Any word on how Hardingham pulled up? I read he had some hamstring tightness or something ? He could be an out with Ambrose to replace him.

Would that leave us too tall if Carlisle stayed in with TBC also coming in though?

Cork, he'll be fine. Doc Reid has a video up on the website.

The "in the mix" article on the AFL website says Goddard is near certain to return this week, our forward line will look so much better with Goddard, Chapman and Winderlich in it and Jobe wont be needed down there and can get back to controlling the midfield

Poor old Ricky Dyson gets forgotten but I remember being never so sure of someone slotting a goal in my life. RICKY

Ricky might have had bigger numbers in games but in terms of pure impact on game, that was his best by the stretch of the Flemington straight.

to think he wasn't even in the team either after coming in as a late change for McVeigh (?) and proceeded to have a 4 - 6 week stretch of decent footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back