Collingwood's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury's out. Some great performance and some bad performances. But he's a dog who needs to apologise for treating his players like pin cushions rather than feeling hard done by. Until he does this he will be hated by everyone other than Mark Robinson and some one eyed bombers.
Not sure how any of this applies to his matchday coaching, tbh.

The guy who seems to have avoided much of the criticism is McGuire. He's played a large part in turning the clubs finances around but his mantra on seeking office was premierships. The club has won one during his 16 years as Prez. I reckon he believes he's President for life, or however long he wants to be. Maybe it's time for him to step aside or............. Just sayin.

The guy who seems to have avoided much of the criticism is McGuire. He's played a large part in turning the clubs finances around but his mantra on seeking office was premierships. The club has won one during his 16 years as Prez. I reckon he believes he's President for life, or however long he wants to be. Maybe it's time for him to step aside or............. Just sayin.

Would have had 2 if he wasn't so keen on elevating Bucks. Shocker!

You'll either be top 4 or have made the top 4 the season before or Bucks will be fired or weeks away from being fired.

Of course that probably means at some stage during the 2015 or 2016 seasons Eddie gets ousted as President. It might not happen this year, but miss finals next year and surely someone will make a power play for the Presidency.

It's testament to Eddie's great leadership (and tight control) that there isn't a rumbling challenger started a ticket already.
Why the feck would somebody be already looking to start a ticket to overthrow McGuire??

Even with the season hitting the skids, we are still just % out of the 8 and still a chance of making finals.

I hear Maxwell is available.

As opposed to all the other club presidents publicly saying "we're shit!" and heaping pressure on their coaches and playing group each and every week...

Or perhaps just shut the hell up for a few weeks. I know he is trying to protect bucks from massive scrutiny, but heck just shut-up-eddie!

Buckleys a dud in the box. Simple. Will never win a final with him at the helm. He makes Voss, KB and Tim Watson look like genius coaches.
Aweful mistake by Eddie re Mick and Bucks. Will define his presidential reign.

You know how big Fat Head is on equalisation. Surely He was trying to even things up for the competition by
appointing Buckley. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps just shut the hell up for a few weeks. I know he is trying to protect bucks from massive scrutiny, but heck just shut-up-eddie!

He has a weekend wrap-up show that has aired directly after the last two Collingwood losses. He's hardly going to not comment on the game and the result, is he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday evening vs Friday night. I mean really...

Thursday night with no public holiday the day after, not Friday.

And our last home Sunday afternoon game, gracefully ignoring the Showdown, was against the Gold Coast with an Official crowd: 49,069 at Adelaide Oval, and the one before that was GWS for Official crowd: 44,770 at Adelaide Oval

Collingwood got a big game at the MCG against a team with a large traveling fan base and managed 40k total.

Eddie's tears were delicious. I've really enjoyed his crappy summary show at the end of each round, he's bawling on the inside. I wonder of poor old Eddie spends sleepless nights wondering what life could've been if he'd let Mick stay. Hahahaha

What did Bucks say

Something something win premierships

I want someone to provide video footage or a newspaper article containing this often-repeated, "famous quote".

Nevertheless, everyone is out for premierships, but only a few achieve them. Not sure why Buckley should feel any guilt or shame over having not won one as a player or head coach yet.

love the buckley bashing , he is the right coach so stick it , injuries dont help and a very young side that will be great in 3 years
so unless you have nothing positive to say , then worry at your own teams

Why the feck would somebody be already looking to start a ticket to overthrow McGuire??

Even with the season hitting the skids, we are still just % out of the 8 and still a chance of making finals.

good luck with that... just don't have the ability or skills

Furthermore have you seen Adelaide/Kangaroos and Essendons draw?

Thursday night with no public holiday the day after, not Friday.

And our last home Sunday afternoon game, gracefully ignoring the Showdown, was against the Gold Coast with an Official crowd: 49,069 at Adelaide Oval, and the one before that was GWS for Official crowd: 44,770 at Adelaide Oval

Collingwood got a big game at the MCG against a team with a large traveling fan base and managed 40k total.

Even so. History has shown that Thursday nights are a pretty popular time to go to the footy. And your game against the Gold Coast was at 12.40pm on a Sunday. Perfect time to go to the footy. Seriously stop making these half-baked comparisons, today's crowd was nothing out of the ordinary.

didnt know he played , best pres in the afl jealous

love the buckley bashing , he is the right coach so stick it , injuries dont help and a very young side that will be great in 3 years
so unless you have nothing positive to say , then worry at your own teams

geez I would hate to see where you would be with the wrong coach

In any case I'd say 16 years is probably too long for one man to be running the show.... in almost any organisation. Eddie is a forceful personality who runs it his way. You can't keep that up forever - eventually change is required for the club to keep growing.

He turned Collingwood around and took them to the top but as he nears the 20 year mark it's time that change was planned.

I don't expect him to allow it however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back