List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Our first step towards being a strong team when Judd and Kerr arrived was being strong at home. It’s a good starting point.

First you get strong at home
Then you start flat-tracking
Then you win away
Then you get the women

homer simpson GIF

When it comes to Harley Reid and his contract extension only pay attention to Gossage.

Is there any interest in Liam Baker here?

Personally happy to keep him at RFC - great clubman and leader, but if he wants to go then he wants to go.

Obviously nobody would consider trading out Reid but if he refuses to stay like JHF (and doesn't appear to be that sort of bloke) then if I was RFC I would be tanking vs North to get P1 and offering P1 + Baker + F1 for Reid.

Reid is the only 'next Dusty' I have ever seen that actually looks like he might end up that damned sensational or better.

Is there any interest in Liam Baker here?

Personally happy to keep him at RFC - great clubman and leader, but if he wants to go then he wants to go.

Obviously nobody would consider trading out Reid but if he refuses to stay like JHF (and doesn't appear to be that sort of bloke) then if I was RFC I would be tanking vs North to get P1 and offering P1 + Baker + F1 for Reid.

Reid is the only 'next Dusty' I have ever seen that actually looks like he might end up that damned sensational or better.

Yes, there is interest in Baker.

No, Harley has not expressed any desire to go home, and even if he did the deal you put forward is nowhere near it.

Wouldn’t even be enough to get West Coast to pick up the phone.

On one hand, you rightly compare Reid to Dusty, then offer Liam Baker, who will be at west coast next year, and two first round picks. Think you need to get real.

And, you didn’t even come in peace

Yes, there is interest in Baker.

No, Harley has not expressed any desire to go home, and even if he did the deal you put forward is nowhere near it.

Wouldn’t even be enough to get West Coast to pick up the phone.

On one hand, you rightly compare Reid to Dusty, then offer Liam Baker, who will be at west coast next year, and two first round picks. Think you need to get real.

And, you didn’t even come in peace

What do you mean didn't come in peace?

Reid, if he wanted to leave (and I said he doesn't look like it) would be the hottest trade in the country.

Baker + P1 + F1 would likely only be a starting point, I acknowledge that.

What do you mean didn't come in peace?

Reid, if he wanted to leave (and I said he doesn't look like it) would be the hottest trade in the country.

Baker + P1 + F1 would likely only be a starting point, I acknowledge that.

It’s just a board joke.

Most people from other boards say, I come in peace, before saying the most outrageous things.

Reid hasn’t made any noise about wanting to come home, and all the reporting is he will be extending his contract.

You coming over here was based on the pretext that Reid wants to go home. He doesn’t.

And the deal you suggested is pathetic.

A generational player for 2 first round picks and a player who will play for us next year regardless.

It’s just a board joke.

Most people from other boards say, I come in peace, before saying the most outrageous things.

Reid hasn’t made any noise about wanting to come home, and all the reporting is he will be extending his contract.

You coming over here was based on the pretext that Reid wants to go home. He doesn’t.

And the deal you suggested is pathetic.

A generational player for 2 first round picks and a player who will play for us next year regardless.

Oh OK.

I go to every board in peace. I treat forums like a F2F conversation - I'm not a jerk to people when I just want to chat about footy.

To reiterate, I don't think and have never heard that Reid wants to go back to VIC. Just wondering what WCE fans would expect in return if the day came that he did a JHF and forced a premature trade.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for that.

I don't frequent other boards but sometimes pop on after a game to comment on how I thought oppo players went etc.
"Pardon the intrusion, I come in peace" is the classic that'll turn you into an instant meme and help you farm likes forever.

"Pardon the intrusion, I come in peace" is the classic that'll turn you into an instant meme and help you farm likes forever.

Haha OK.

I hope people notice I come in peace from what I say.

Surprisingly the Carlton mob have said I'm always welcome - which is odd for a Tiger member!

I love my club but I also love the game (a little less in recent years due to silly rule changes).

Oh OK.

I go to every board in peace. I treat forums like a F2F conversation - I'm not a jerk to people when I just want to chat about footy.

To reiterate, I don't think and have never heard that Reid wants to go back to VIC. Just wondering what WCE fans would expect in return if the day came that he did a JHF and forced a premature trade.

Cheers

pick 2, bundle up all your picks for another top 10, offer your future first and a hethy gibcus would be unders.

We rejected 6,11,42,MelbF1

Roos never offered 2+3 (McKercher/Duursma) but if they did in retrospect that would have been a win for North if they did.

Keep in mind all those deals were pre draft and Harley is even better than advertised.

pick 2, bundle up all your picks for another top 10, offer your future first and a hethy gibcus would be unders.

We rejected 6,11,42,MelbF2

Roos never offered 2+3 (McKercher/Duursma) but if they did in retrospect that would have been a win for North if they did.
We also rejected hawks 2x top 4 picks + brockman

Let's never forget that.

Just on Oscar Allen I saw training this week he is back running

He needs to work his arse of now to be available after the break I think it will a lot longer than that

He looks a lot bigger and stronger, but the bad side of that is he is less agile and really slow and a huge turning circle

I was really worried with what I saw, he looked so far from AFL level

Needs to do a mini pre-season lose some muscle get leaner and run better

We saw before he was injured his running was poor, I would hate for him to come back effect Waterman's
form and start getting Bronx cheers.
On the Coast to Coast pod on the 15th Oscar did mention this and said he was getting bigger due to the role they plan for him to play in the future. They had a chat with him about getting too big so the fitness coaches are aware of it.

We rejected 6,11,42,MelbF2

Hmmm well every pick we have after P2 is worth 2964 so if there's a club going for academy players with a good pick we could probably get a top 5 pick.

Gibcus is a sad story. Looked so good in his first year. Would be a gamble to take him for any club IMO.

Could end up being P1, P3-5, F1, Baker.

Not sure it's a good idea for a club like us doing a rebuild but Reid looks like a generational talent...

Oh OK.

Cheers

Your first, your next five future firsts, your firstborn child and a thousand ritually slaughtered Richmond supporters.

That'll at least get us picking up the phone.

Hmmm well every pick we have after P2 is worth 2964 so if there's a club going for academy players with a good pick we could probably get a top 5 pick.

Gibcus is a sad story. Looked so good in his first year. Would be a gamble to take him for any club IMO.

Could end up being P1, P3-5, F1, Baker.

Not sure it's a good idea for a club like us doing a rebuild but Reid looks like a generational talent...

Hope Gibcus can get healthy, he is a talent and will be important piece for Richmond.

Reid absolutely looks generational. Any trade for Reid would be the biggest trade in trade history, and two firsts and a 27 year old wouldn’t get near it to be honest.

Oh OK.

Cheers
Different character altogether from JHF from what I can see.

Therefore forget about Reid doing a ‘JHF’.

Back