List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Could go 8,13 and Ports 15 for F1st and 23 for example ?

That's too much for mine.

Draft is quite even. Downgrade wont hurt enough for an extra draft pick in the teens.

I can see us having pick 7 and 11.
I reckon Pies finish as low as 12th and Port miss the 8.
Gets really interesting

Draft is quite even. Downgrade wont hurt enough for an extra draft pick in the teens.

Gets really interesting
If you had to trade your 3 first rounders for Warner and our 2nd rounder would you do it?
If Warner asks for a trade next year a top 4 pick will get it done, as he's out of contract.

I think I'd do it in your position

Gets really interesting
Its too early to tell what fair value would actually be so pribably need to wait til end of year. If you had say 7 and 10 then yeah F1st for that is fair

In my scenario though we really need to delist some contracted players. Maybe if we had the picks to take we would have the guts to do it.

Its too early to tell what fair value would actually be so pribably need to wait til end of year. If you had say 7 and 10 then yeah F1st for that is fair

In my scenario though we really need to delist some contracted players. Maybe if we had the picks to take we would have the guts to do it.

I dunno.
Do you finish bottom two next year?.

I'd say tigers are a lock for bottom. So more realistically we are probably looking at 3 for 7 and ten. I'd want your second this year as well for that.
4 pick down grade and a 13 upgrade is fair for 7 and ten.

would take us to the draft with say a pick between 15-18 :)cool:) and two seconds. Load up on Small forwards and Bo Allen, Take two firsts tow next year, waft the highest one at the Swans for Chadlocked.

The last round we play at home against Port. I can see a scenario where we win and put them out of the 8

I dunno.
Do you finish bottom two next year?.

I'd say tigers are a lock for bottom. So more realistically we are probably looking at 3 for 7 and ten. I'd want your second this year as well for that.
4 pick down grade and a 13 upgrade is fair for 7 and ten.

would take us to the draft with say a pick between 15-18 :)cool:) and two seconds. Load up on Small forwards and Bo Allen, Take two firsts tow next year, waft the highest one at the Swans for Chadlocked.

The last round we play at home against Port. I can see a scenario where we win and put them out of the 8
I can see us 100% finishing last and probably a risk worth taking regardless for Freo since all they are looking to do is give Sydney what they can give them.

Does it actually matter if its 3,4,5 if you plan to simply trade it anyway?

Still gutted about Busslinger, was really hoping we'd get him.

Alex Davies is a massive must for me!
Garcia makes complete sense, I'd even ask the question about Erasmus (wouldn't pay much for him though).

Dev, extremely low interest

Davies yes.

Garcia yes.

Dev. You are letting emotion cloud your view. Yes.

All three add good midfield depth which is something we desperately need. Including defensive effort.

One thing to think about is would Eagles have the guts/bravado to trade our F1st for say 2 of Freos 1st rounders so we got 3 1st rounders in this draft but none in the next?

Freo then have the path to offering Sydney 3 1st rounders for Warner

If we are doing that just offer our F1st and something else for Gold Coasts two 1sts.

From the NT, so coming to Perth wouldn't be a barrier or any go home factors.
Highly talented player who just can't crack a deep Gold Coast midfield. When he has, he's performed really well.
So yes, starved of opportunities. Plus I'd guess he's been on the list for a while so GC wouldn't mind dumping his salary off their books.

For us, he's talented had years of development and a bigger body that is ready to go, can play half forward too.
Not sure where you got the NT from. Born in NSW and grew up in Cairns. Came through GC’s Cairns academy that is run by Jack Bowes dad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

suspect Gold Coast may need pick 23 for bidding requirements so F1 and 23 for 7,8, Davies
They will have plenty of points with 20, 27, 32, 53, three of which they can still trade down for points. What they need is picks next year and salary cap relief. We could easily pay Ryan’s salary if that’s the deal breaker and obviously Davies is off the books too. Also no bid on Lombard which I’m pretty sure we’ll do without an agreement.

They will have plenty of points with 20, 27, 32, 53, three of which they can still trade down for points. What they need is picks next year and salary cap relief. We could easily pay Ryan’s salary if that’s the deal breaker and obviously Davies is off the books too. Also no bid on Lombard which I’m pretty sure we’ll do without an agreement.
Yeah forgot they had pick 20 too

F1st for us is guaranteed pick 1-3.

Suns 2 first this year entirely depend on final ladder position of both them and dogs.

As it stands it's 7 and 8.

Of the remaining 7 games the suns and dogs have a very tough run home and only 1 easy kill for both so would expect similar end result. Although if either gets on a run and wins a few, makes finals, then those blow out to 10-12

We have up 2 for 8 13 wasn't it for Gibney hewett. So it's around the make where we might noguh have to give much up.

Then suns will have our F1. If we got the spoon they could then sell it themselves and split it.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Using the predictions on afl.com, Freo will have
Port finishing 10 = meaning pick 9
Freo and Pies in elimination final so one finishes 8 = pick 11
The other could be anywhere from 13 to 18

If that eventuates, Freo’s picks 9 and 11 would hold high value. The 3rd pick - let’s see

I’ve been discussing with a number of posters of our F1 and 22 for these 3 picks. There is an appetite . I’d also do F1 for 9 and 10 plus one of Reidy or Knobel if the 3rd pick is closer to 18

Go to the draft with 2, 9 and 10

Tell Freo we will back off on the deal for Baker this year. Freo have the ammunition to go hard next year for Chad.

Still gutted about Busslinger, was really hoping we'd get him.

Alex Davies is a massive must for me!
Garcia makes complete sense, I'd even ask the question about Erasmus (wouldn't pay much for him though).

Dev, extremely low interest
What happened with Busslinger, did he extend? If so, bloke is running a high risk of being the next Denver Grainger-Barrass.

Smillie was en fuego in the opening quarter with 12 disposals 4 clearances and a goal. He slowed down a touch but was still the best player on the ground through three quarters, before a strange fourth quarter in which he spent a lot of time on the bench and played deep in defense when on the field. Lets hope he hasn't picked up a knock ahead of the big Metro v Country game coming up this weekend.

Back