List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Would you just **** off back to the brissie board.
If he thinks a WA mid is rated top 3 next year, its his opinion and no one on here has to justify that position with you!

He asked for clarity on something. Take a chill pill.

So if the options are

Trade F1st to Gold Coast for 2 1st rounders or trade current 1st for Gold Coast 2 1st rounders which do we do or prefer?

I’m in the trade future 1st and bank on Charlie Banfield being a top 10 worthy pLayer and Or Waterman getting hand 1 compo

If we landed Dean Cox as coach.

Then trade our 2024 pick 2 for pick 7 plus Davies plus the Suns 2025 1st.

Warner here we come.

If we trade out of 2025 into 2024 Warner isnt happening.

Im in the trade Waterman to North or Hawks and hit the draft.

He asked for clarity on something. Take a chill pill.
Would you just **** off back to the WAFL board.
If he wants to argue with Brizkent about Brizkent seeking clarification why another poster thinks a WA mid is rated top 3 next year, it’s his right to argue and no one on here has to justify that position with you!

If we landed Dean Cox as coach.

Then trade our 2024 pick 2 for pick 7 plus Davies plus the Suns 2025 1st.

Warner here we come.

If we trade out of 2025 into 2024 Warner isnt happening.

Im in the trade Waterman to North or Hawks and hit the draft.
Ive 100% given up on Warner some 3 months ago.

Waterman can be traded in 2025 without a real loss in value provided we back him in to have a good year next year too so no need to rush on that one

Outside of Cox who seems to be the favourite on our boards at the moment, I think Josh Carr would be worth a look at.
Coached at SANFL level, Assistant at power and recently at Freo during there rebuild years and now back at the Power.

Comes form outside of the club which I don’t think would hurt at all. I think his attitude and ruthlessness would bring a little bit of balance to what has been a very passive club over the last handful of years.

Would love for us to look at someone such a Pendlebury as a playing assistant in the way Sam Mitchell did also. We should be playing a number of kids in the coming years and having someone with his leadership skills would be a bonus.

Would like us to spend a little more on our development coaching, it’s one of the downsides to having an experienced coach who chews up a large chunk of cap space.
Personally, I prefer someone outside of the Eagles bubble - Steve King, Dan Giansiracusa.

But, I think it would coin flip between Cox and Hansen to be honest.

I do agree with your point, I'd like to see Pendles join a development set up with Shuey, Harry Taylor, Mundy, Kieren Jack in some form, and how this is all organised. I don't get why we wouldn't pay the tax and seek a competitive advantage that way.

Just on the Restricted FA are we sure?

The years I get but isnt the rule is you need to be in the top 25% highest contracts at the club?

If not you are unrestricted.

Jake signed a two year deal on lower money as he was off crook and not playing.

According to Footywire yes he is a restricted FA. If we’ve got a better source I’m all ears but at the end of next year I can’t think of too many players who will be on much better coin than him.

Gaff, Darling, Kelly, Sheed, Gov all off the books.

Barrass and new deal for Oscar probably the only ones which is an indictment of our position.

F1 + 23 for Suns and Dogs first + 27
Barrass + F2 for Dogs 1st (Smith pick) + F1
Waterman for Dees 1st + F1

Take 2 or 3, 7,8,10 or so to the draft.

Chills.

yes I’m aware this isn’t happening

Would take all 3. Zero depth in the mids and besides Hall we don’t know if some of the other young players are going to be pure mids.
We have Reid, Yeo, Kelly, Ginbey, Hewett and our first round pick who all will have to play through the midfield at stages. Add Davies to the mix and we are pretty stocked, Garcia for a bit of speed on top.

Still have Hall, potentially Culley, any mids we draft this year, etc

Too many means some won't get game time

Its hard to say this but maybe we should consider trading Oscar if we can get a couple of first rounders for him? He wont be here when we're contending again. We need to be trading for more first rounders the next few years and aside from trading Harley I cant see any other way.

Its hard to say this but maybe we should consider trading Oscar if we can get a couple of first rounders for him? He wont be here when we're contending again. We need to be trading for more first rounders the next few years and aside from trading Harley I cant see any other way.
Not Oscar. Waterman and Barrass maybe, but not Oscar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So What No GIF

No.

Oscar is a genuine forward who, prior to injury, was the second coming of Kennedy. He's the kind of bloke you build forward lines around.

Rapunzel You Little Dirty Thing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

No.

Oscar is a genuine forward who, prior to injury, was the second coming of Kennedy. He's the kind of bloke you build forward lines around.
I see Waterman as second coming of JJK in terms of running patterns.

Oscar Allen is more like Jack darling but with reach. Not in anyway downplaying or suggesting Oscar is worse then Waterman

Back