List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 36 27.9%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Bailey Williams looks lost at CHF. Maybe we could get a 3rd rounder for him. He's redundant with Jack Williams improving as a Forward/Ruck anyway, plus Reid and Barnett.

And would we have the balls to sell high on Waterman? Surely an early second rounder. I'd be happy to keep him. But if we're considering trading out talent for picks, I'd move Jake before Tommy.
happy mr. mackey GIF by South Park

Collingwood have nothing we want that they would be willing to part with or would want to come to WA .
They have no first rounder . Their future first could end up in the 20s especially adding in barrass

Pies can always make deals happen.

They are ruthless and inventive.

Something we have never been at the trade table.

I think TB to dogs is the right answer.

They have players we want and a pick from smith

I agree.

It would better stagger the loss of Gov and TB because of we keep both, Edwards should really look elsewhere so we could be left very short of both were to leave is quick time.

TB is one of my favourites but you couldn't blame him for filling is super annuation up playing for the Dogs over in Melbourne.

Successive years of trade speculation at least hints to some temptation in his part.

It's also three best way we have to get more draft capital.

So because negotiations are stalling on turning the remaining 3 years into 5 years Barrass is looking to move allegedly

Right...
And if he is, so be it. I doubt it's true as presented, although he may be open to a move. But he is contracted, so we don't need to do anything. Hold him to his contract or let him go for overs if he wants to leave. No need to renegotiate anything at this stage.

Well I've been hoping we split our pick and still get Lalor at 9.

That may not happen if the kid keeps playing this well.

Lalor, Travaglia and Bo Allen this draft is my dream result.
Will be an interesting watch the end of the champs if both Lalor and FOS are available for Vic Country.

I’ve been waiting for Lalor all year and he looks like he’s about to start his run up the board.

Bo Allan was always better than what some draft boards (davo for example) had him initially.

Langford is the other watch, still going under the radar a little although looks like he’s now finally in most peoples first round calculations. A couple more strong champ games and he’s suddenly in top 10 areas.

Would love another quality left footer rotating through our midfield. Very versatile player, could play across most parts of the ground and can play as an inside or outside mid.

Langford is the other watch, still going under the radar a little although looks like he’s now finally in most peoples first round calculations. A couple more strong champ games and he’s suddenly in top 10 areas.

Would love another quality left footer rotating through our midfield. Very versatile player, could play across most parts of the ground and can play as an inside or outside mid.
The knock on Langford is his athleticism and scope to improve it. Combine results will be a watch, don’t think anyone can criticise his footballing he was outstanding last game.

So because negotiations are stalling on turning the remaining 3 years into 5 years Barrass is looking to move allegedly

Right...

What's not to understand?

Rival club in Melbourne is keen. Feel TB can play to age 34 with reduced travel etc. Salary cap has increased and they need a quality full back. Offer 5 x $850k to get his managers attention.

TB says hmmm. Two years more on better money in a team contending. That is close to $1.3m and 2 years more than his current deal.

He asks the club would they match it as his preference is to stay. But $1.3m in future secured earnings is a reason to stop and think about it.

The knock on Langford is his athleticism and scope to improve it. Combine results will be a watch, don’t think anyone can criticise his footballing he was outstanding last game.
Yeah have seen a couple of comments about his combine results. More interested in his football and end of season testing.

Could have been a number of reasons for a poor test at that stage of the season.

Apparently suns are willing to offer 2 first round picks for Rioli so that brings up my mock trade I made a week or so ago workable for all teams
wce trade 3, 23 and future 2nd and Bailey Williams.

Richmond trade baker, green and Rioli and pick 22

Gold Coast trade 9 and 10

WCE get 9, 10, 22 baker and green

Suns get Rioli, 23 and future 2nd

Richmond get pick 3 and Bailey Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies can always make deals happen.

They are ruthless and inventive.

Something we have never been at the trade table.

Well, considering Barrass has two more years left after this one if it ain't involving Bobby Hill and/or multiple firsties then they better start getting inventive.

Considering our players fall off a cliff after 30 extending his contract on big dollars until he is 33 seems like a terrible idea for us .

Oh it would be. I wouldn't extend TB's contract now.

Players know this as well. The travel load knocks 2 or 3 years off a long term WA based players career.

But move to Melbourne with little to no travel and good medical and rehab teams you can get another couple of years on $700k plus.

That is what we are competing against.

And if done properly we should do deals like this more often to help keep the list fresh and move players on in their late 20's if they are interested.

We're not trading Allen. He's the next Captain. Jake is a lead up forward, often moves into the same lanes as Allen inside 50. And so does Darling. Jakes 26, has a higher trade value than Darling, and we've got younger options coming through. Sell high.
He's already the captain.

I agree.

It would better stagger the loss of Gov and TB because of we keep both, Edwards should really look elsewhere so we could be left very short of both were to leave is quick time.

TB is one of my favourites but you couldn't blame him for filling is super annuation up playing for the Dogs over in Melbourne.

Successive years of trade speculation at least hints to some temptation in his part.

It's also three best way we have to get more draft capital.
Disagree.
The loss will be staggered naturally with Gov turning 33 next year.

You don't get rid of A graders for a mid-round first pick.

If Gov cops and injury, we will have Bazzo or Edwards as our key KPD's.
That would be ugly.

Just how good is that SA kid who is looking likely to go number 1 next year?

Is it worth putting the opportunity to land him at risk for players in this year's draft?
He is awesome. Breakaway pick 1. Theres a reason our first is do not touch because of him. Sam Lalor is a rung down from him that's how good Dyson is

At worst you get Tom Green but with maniac defensive pressure (think Wardlaw). He's somebody you build around.

And IMO the missing piece to a dynasty midfield setup

Last edited:
Apparently suns are willing to offer 2 first round picks for Rioli so that brings up my mock trade I made a week or so ago workable for all teams
wce trade 3, 23 and future 2nd and Bailey Williams.

Richmond trade baker, green and Rioli and pick 22

Gold Coast trade 9 and 10

WCE get 9, 10, 22 baker and green

Suns get Rioli, 23 and future 2nd

Richmond get pick 3 and Bailey Williams.
Where is this being reported?

That would a really dumb trade by GC.

He is awesome. Breakaway pick 1. Theres a reason our first is do not touch because of him. Sam Lalor is a rung down from him that's how good Dyson is

At worst you get Tom Green but with maniac defensive pressure (think Wardlaw). He's somebody you build around.

And IMO the missing piece to a dynasty midfield setup

Calm down.

Sharpe was described to me by the SA and Vic C u/16 coaches as on JHF/Reid's level middle of last year when he took apart VIC C's 16's side and they went down by 15 goals.

He's had a pretty decent carnival for an underager, but nothing unprecedented, Smillie had a decent one last year also. Finn Callaghan was an AA, as was Ashcroft, as was Harley the year prior.

He was one of my smokies for the Larke a few months ago, but probably hasn't had that impact.

He most certainly is not Tom Green and he's not Wardlaw from an athletic point of view. Both of these guys are just about unicorns from a physical point of view for different reasons.

I'd argue athleticism would be one of Sharpe's criticisms at the moment. He probably has the same intensity as Wardlaw, but Wardlaw is Wardlaw defensively because of his raw speed, power and agility with that same intensity.

A lot of what makes JHF is some of that same explosiveness (not to Wardlaw's levels)

Harley has some of that power and speed (despite testing never really capturing it), as you can see by his game against Melbourne.

Rowell has it on occasion, but not the same extent as Wardlaw, JHF - Maybe comparable to Reid. Clearly the same intensity and strength though.

I want to see more of Sharpe outside of a very poor SANFL u/18 system before proclaiming him the second coming. I certainly wouldn't describe Lalor as a poor mans version of him just yet. Lalor does have that same raw athleticism and power I am talking about.

Last edited:
Back