List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 54 25.5%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 49 23.1%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
What makes you so confident?

Sheed is cooked as a midfielder and has no redeemable qualities in another position. Claps his hands for cheap kicks and doesn't work both ways.

Brockmans off-field issues leave a lot to be desired. Seems to have been a reason Hawthorn were happy to move him off their list. Bought into the team as a defensive small forward and yet hasn't kicked a goal in his 9 matches with us.

Cripps for me is having very little impact this year. Tackle Average and Goal Average has dropped and will continue to do so. Will be 33 start of next season.

Reason we have the list we have is because someone isn't/wasn't willing to make the tough calls. Time for that to change is now.
Sheed - contracted, returning from injury, midfielder of an age range we're in need of. Wouldn't be surprised if we put him up for trade though.

Brockman - contracted, new acquisition, talented, finding his feet. Off field issues not great, but all revolve around a death in the family. We'll look to support him.l IMO.

Cripps - contracted, sets excellent standards and mentors young players (see Long). Having a very good year in comparison to other players in his position - and one that's fairly static compared to his career Average.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240710_014047_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240710_014047_AFL.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 41
Brockman isn't going anywhere, the Hawks were desperate to hold onto him. Can't be judged on this season with off field stuff and the fact he is with a new team that is struggling.

You just said it
He is the social queen and been questioned on his professionalism
Can't wait to see the back of him.

Will never forget sitting in what was the old bay 13 at the G to see west coast play Richmond in 2022. Ball came in hot about 6 times in 10 minutes and he was a headless chicken. Went to mark a few uncontested overhead and would duck for cover and miss the mark. Softest underbelly of a player I can ever remember to play for our club.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I don't think we're going to be paying out around 5 guys next year. It would destroy our cap. Maybe 1. Two at a stretch. Darling would probably be the number one candidate but he said he wants to play on so he won't go willingly. Sheed would depend on how bad his foot is.

What 5 players under contract would we pay out their 2025 contract?

Sheed and Darling.....then who?

Sheed possibly with his foot if he cant get up the AFL training loads.

doubt Josh Carr wants anything to do with us. He hated the Eagles.

I agree he comes across as ruthless.

Won a flag in the SANFL also

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What 5 players under contract would we pay out their 2025 contract?

Sheed and Darling.....then who?

Sheed possibly with his foot if he cant get up the AFL training loads.
I'd say we tell Sheed and Darling that they would spend the final year of their contracts playing WAFL and chopping out in the AFL if other players are injured. Rookie Luke Edwards.

Even though they have been underachieving in the AFL they would be valuable WAFL players. It boosts our WAFL team and, with our young recruits playing alongside them it improves that as a development path.

Delist Jones and re-sign him to play for the WAFL Eagles.

Good point on cap space deals.

From a marketing standpoint how much would they get with Dusty AND Flyin Ryan on the poster boards in 2025? Would not be surprised if an extra 5 to 10,000 per game turned up.

Davies would be excellent to pick up at a discount. Defensive game is good just needs to work on getting more of it. Playing 7th string at the Suns though.

Joel Jeffrey would be an astute pickup. Starting to settle on the half back line and is a rebounding skilled player. Thow $$ and match the long term contract he has already. Worse outcome he inows we are interested in the future and cap space at the Suns will always be a problem with the talent on that list.
Davies had 36 touches 8 tackles and a goal on the weekend.

He seems to find it just fine when played on ball

The irrational part of my brain (around 95% of it) is starting to feel a bit ill about the trade back to get Hewett if his foot injuries continue. Sheezel looks absolutely elite at this stage and we could have convinced him to stay.

The irrational part of my brain (around 95% of it) is starting to feel a bit ill about the trade back to get Hewett if his foot injuries continue. Sheezel looks absolutely elite at this stage and we could have convinced him to stay.

What if North took him at pick 1?

Because if we don’t split pick 2, they would have been unlikely to give up pick 1 to GWS I would have thought. And they weren’t interested in Cadman. And they seemed to rate Sheezel over Wardlaw, as evidenced by the fact they picked him first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker would be a great addition, but only if we receive priority picks.
Save for some late-season form, I don't see how we couldn't be granted a couple of end-of-first-round picks even if they must be traded, akin to North's initial package.
If we could use that to bring in the likes of Baker, Davies, Garcia, Sheldrick, Voldemort etc., then it would go a long way to ensuring we are more competitive next year without needing to sacrifice our natural first and second-round selections in the draft which we clearly can not afford to do!
Cummings as a FA would be the icing on the cake, too.

Will never forget sitting in what was the old bay 13 at the G to see west coast play Richmond in 2022. Ball came in hot about 6 times in 10 minutes and he was a headless chicken. Went to mark a few uncontested overhead and would duck for cover and miss the mark. Softest underbelly of a player I can ever remember to play for our club.

Sheed is after stats. He loves the count and doesn't care how he gets them. He is the consummate seagull and hates getting the hard footy.
Facts are facts and it's caught on to others in our team.

Playing senior WAFL post Champs for Peel, Allan acquitted himself well in his old third tall & rebounding defender role. The most impressive aspect of his performance has to be his ferocious tackling display, registering 12 on the official stats sheet along side many other pressure acts. On a day where the Peel defenders were often content to chip the ball sideways to each other, Allan had a couple of passages of play where he took the game on with dash and dare to break the lines and creating scoring opportunities.

I don’t see why people hate Jamaine jones he is a good bloke and an alright footballer there are worse players on our team and he is not one we should cut

Sure it wasn’t Brander? They are the same person.

Early crack at some off-season moves and 2025 line up.

Delist:
Sheed
L.Edwards
Trew
J.Baker
Witherden
Gaff

Leave via FA:
Rotham

Trade:
Darling for a 4th round pick
Ryan to Gold Coast 1st round pick
B.Williams for a 2nd round pick

In:
Isaac Cumming FA
Liam Baker for a 2nd round pick
Jack Graham FA
Finn O'Sullivan pick 2
Travaglia 1st round
Urquhart 2nd round pick
Malakai Champion 4th round pick
4th round pick
Hutchinson upgraded to the main list

Re-rookie
Culley

2025 team

Cole Barrass Hough
O'Sullivan Gov Cumming

Chesser Kelly Ginbey

Flynn Yeo Reid

Brockman Allen Maric
Long Waterman Hewett

Baker Graham Hunt Cripps

Sub: Petrucelle

Last edited:
With a new coach coming in, whoever it is, unless you got the numbers 9, 6, 12, 42 and 37. Everyone should be up for grabs for trade or delisting. And even then I'd probably float Barrass up to the Swans again and see what you can prize out of them.

The list is cooked and needs a North Melbourne style pruning.
Don’t need to cut as much as North.

We have 2 key forwards ready to go.

I would trade TB if he is keen. Will be plenty of teams keen. Especially if the offer was what’s getting reported last year and we pay some of his coin.

WB- TB for Smith pick they get and Buss

Sydney- Pick 18+19 and Sheldrick for TB and future 3rd (especially if they don’t win a GF and we pay some of the contract)

Crows- Curtain?

Geelong- their first this year and next

I don’t see why people hate Jamaine jones he is a good bloke and an alright footballer there are worse players on our team and he is not one we should cut
We tried him off HB last year and his disposal was shambolic.
We put him as a pressure small forward and he's been invisible.
No point in playing him - theres not much there to develop

Enough of the Eagles picking up club rejects - Jones... and get some proper talent in.

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back