List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 54 25.2%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 50 23.4%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I don't hate any player personally but JJ has been given so many chances.

He's actually one guy they've tried in a few spots but he just doesn't have it.

He tries but then he stops trying.

I dunno, just see so many errors everytime.

But could say literally the same for every player for us.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The calls to delist Brockman are insane - great age profile and more upside than most on our list.

What we get to replace him (late pick) by freeing a spot on our list is just not positive EV.
I think he’s going to be an absolute bust, was pissed off we offered anything other than a token pick for him in trade week and cost us Archie Roberts.

That being said I agree that we’ve committed to him now and we need more than a season in the program to see if he’s going to make it. I hope he proves me wrong.

Would you just **** off back to the brissie board.
If he thinks a WA mid is rated top 3 next year, its his opinion and no one on here has to justify that position with you!
An opinion you cannot justify is just noise. If you have an opinion, and no justification for said opinion, keep it to yourself, or tell your mates at the bar after you've had a few.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

This thread is totally demented when it comes to talls, especially tall defenders and this board has got a long history of being so. Depending on how you look at it, we're either well stocked or over stocked for talls.

What we lack on the list is running power, burst speed and line breaking ability. Soo much so that I'd view any player over 187cm with the upmost skepticism, they'd need to bring elite pace, endurance and agility.

We're 18th for disposals (handball and kicks) and at or near the bottom for disposal, clearance & tackle differentials. Outside of an elite tap ruckemen (non available) we need runners and the best place to get them affordably is via the draft.

I wouldn't be delisting Brockmen yet, he's had a poor year and we've not had a propper look at him. The problem is we're kind of stuck playing him with Long out for the season and no real alternatives due to our poor depth of smalls.

This thread is totally demented when it comes to talls, especially tall defenders and this board has got a long history of being so. Depending on how you look at it, we're either well stocked or over stocked for talls.

What we lack on the list is running power, burst speed and line breaking ability. Soo much so that I'd view any player over 187cm with the upmost skepticism, they'd need to bring elite pace, endurance and agility.
We have no AFL quality KPDs under Gov and Barrass. Full to the hilt of KPF options but would be interested to know who you see playing KPD with Barrass in 2 years and then again once he retires.

Your second point I 100% agree with. Lack of outside run both out of defence and the midfield is absolutely killing us.

I’d be targeting both of the above this draft.

Gettable update.
-Collard likely to extend for a couple of years at Saints
-Duggan 4 year deal nearly done
-Bullies are still coming hard for TB
-Cal wouldn’t be trading down to get a split pick for Baker (who would)
Generally speaking Cal forms a lot of his opinions from other list officials without stating it explicitly, I hoping the Baker opinion is an example of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're 18th for disposals (handball and kicks) and at or near the bottom for disposal, clearance & tackle differentials. Outside of an elite tap ruckemen (non available) we need runners and the best place to get them affordably is via the draft.
100%

And for three years we are near worst in the comp for ground balls and post clearance. I'd kill for Lewis Jetta right now!!!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gettable update.
-Still no clear read on who will be pick 1.
Interesting re Collard. Saints board seem resigned to losing him and think he's checked out at VFL.

Gettable update.
-Still no clear read on who will be pick 1.

Collard can stay and develop and we can have a crack in a couple years.

Duggan meh

TB trade I am now unsure about. I do wonder if gov will have the heart and passion to play on.

Split pick one....no.

Pick one depends on who has the pick.
If it's tigers or us then FOS.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Starting to sound like there’s a decent chance Smillie goes pick 2…

I’m not 100% convinced by him but I can’t even pinpoint why, it just almost seems to good to be true with him.

Still he’d definitely go a long way to fixing our inside midfield flaws, wouldn’t help with two way running or lack of outside skill though

I don’t see why people hate Jamaine jones he is a good bloke and an alright footballer there are worse players on our team and he is not one we should cut

I don’t hate Jones the person and actually it’s his habit of butchering the ball that I hate.

If he had even average footskills I would be a fan because he is quick and that’s another facet that our list is desperately short on.

But I can’t see it any other way : poor kicking is poor football.

He isn’t AFL standard IMO because his kicking is so bad.

Time to move him on and get some good ball users onto our list.

Few players come to a new club and dominate in their first year.Next year will give us a better read on Brockman.
.We have the explosiveness of Reid,Yo and hopefully Hewett next year. We need to draft a mid who can get from contest to contest all day not just in bursts.Wardlaw is your template!

Early crack at some off-season moves and 2025 line up.

Delist:
Sheed
L.Edwards
Trew
J.Baker
Witherden
Gaff

Leave via FA:
Rotham

Trade:
Darling for a 4th round pick
Ryan to Gold Coast 1st round pick
B.Williams for a 2nd round pick

In:
Isaac Cumming FA
Liam Baker for a 2nd round pick
Jack Graham FA
Finn O'Sullivan pick 2
Travaglia 1st round
Urquhart 2nd round pick
Malakai Champion 4th round pick
4th round pick
Hutchinson upgraded to the main list

Re-rookie
Culley

2025 team

Cole Barrass Hough
O'Sullivan Gov Cumming

Chesser Kelly Ginbey

Flynn Yeo Reid

Brockman Allen Maric
Long Waterman Hewett

Baker Graham Hunt Cripps

Sub: Petrucelle
Definitely would not want to trade Ryan. He is just beginning to show his true value as a burst midfielder.
Pace, evasive skill and sublime kicking skills.

I doubt very strongly that he would go to Qld. His ‘country’ is around Geraldton. Even Perth is a stretch.

Definitely would not want to trade Ryan. He is just beginning to show his true value as a burst midfielder.
Pace, evasive skill and sublime kicking skills.

I doubt very strongly that he would go to Qld. His ‘country’ is around Geraldton. Even Perth is a stretch.

Ryan has lost a lot of athleticism, he has looked okay pinch hitting through the midfield but if a team wants to offer a decent pick for him, we should be taking it. Don’t see him ever regaining his AA form again.

The reality is we have to trade at least 1-2 players with actual currency, we can’t go through a rebuild with one first round pick every year.

Cool to see young Mally Champion (far left) training with the club. Unusual, as NGA kids usually do this sort of thing outside of their draft year not so close to draft and draft year. Club must be confident he will go below 40.View attachment 2043954
Would be good to get him. We lack real goal kicking crumbers. Cripps is more a small marking player, Ryan is more a part time midfielder as is Brockman. Long doesn’t kick many goals either.

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back