List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 52 22.6%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 51 22.2%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

WC give: Pick 2 or 3
WC get from Suns: 7,8 & Davies

WC give: Barrass, F2
WC get from Dogs: 1st they get for Smith + F1

WC give: Waterman
WC get from Melbourne: 9 + F1

Take 7,8,9 and 14 or so to the draft

I’ll take my tin foil hat off now
if we could do our F1 with the suns instead of our current pick id be all for it. We would still have the Dogs and Dees F1s for next year to stay in the draft

WC give: Pick 2 or 3
WC get from Suns: 7,8 & Davies

WC give: Barrass, F2
WC get from Dogs: 1st they get for Smith + F1

WC give: Waterman
WC get from Melbourne: 9 + F1

Take 7,8,9 and 14 or so to the draft

I’ll take my tin foil hat off now
Love it but yeah, F1 instead of pick 2 if FOS is available. Freo would shit themselves if we had 3x1Rs for The Chad next year and the dual death ride would be excellent. Dogs can add Garcia to their deal too and we’ll pay some of TB’s salary. We’d have to offer more to the Suns too like Liam Ryan and salary.

Last edited:
Love it but yeah, F1 instead of pick 2 if FOS is available. Freo would shit themselves if we had 3x1Rs for The Chad next year and the dual death ride would be excellent. Dogs can add Garcia to that their deal too and we’ll pay some of TB’s salary. We’d have to offer more to the Suns too like Liam Ryan and salary.
Another option is to offer our 2R instead of Ryan, we would be going in with 5 first round picks already.

Another option is to offer our 2R instead of Ryan, we would be going in with 5 first round picks already.
I’d much rather Mraz or Xavier Lindsay on the list with that pick than Liam. I’m also sure that GCS would rather an X factor small forward with no salary than another draft pick, especially after Rankine left. Liam Ryan himself would probably be the stumbling block there.

if we could do our F1 with the suns instead of our current pick id be all for it. We would still have the Dogs and Dees F1s for next year to stay in the draft

That would be my preference as well of course, just tried to make it a bit more realistic as I think GC would prefer the guaranteed pick 2 and to get an elite talent in the door right now.

Love it but yeah, F1 instead of pick 2 if FOS is available. Freo would shit themselves if we had 3x1Rs for The Chad next year and the dual death ride would be excellent. Dogs can add Garcia to that their deal too and we’ll pay some of TB’s salary. We’d have to offer more to the Suns too like Liam Ryan and salary.

Yeah F1 for the Suns deal is my preference but think they’d stand firm on wanting pick 2 or 3 this year, there’ll be other teams willing to trade down with them imo.

Would happily ship Ryan out as well.

Just want us to start generating first round picks, need to move out some guys with currency - time to stop pretending like we don’t need to and that we can afford to just stand pat, it’ll be 6-7 years minimum until we play finals if we continue this approach

Last edited:
Yeah F1 for the Suns deal is my preference but think they’d stand firm on wanting pick 2 or 3 this year, there’ll be other teams willing to trade down with them imo.

Would happily ship Ryan out as well.

Just want us to start generating first round picks, need to move out some guys with currency - time to stop pretending like we don’t need to and that we can afford to just stand pay, it’ll be 6-7 years minimum until we play finals if we continue this approach
With the number of NGA kids they have next year and the likely rule changes I think our F1 would just about be the most valuable pick they can get their hands on and they’d prefer it to even a pick before Lombard.

100% agree on your last paragraph, every player apart from Harley must have a price, we need to be ruthless.

I’d much rather Mraz or Xavier Lindsay on the list with that pick than Liam. I’m also sure that GCS would rather an X factor small forward with no salary than another draft pick, especially after Rankine left. Liam Ryan himself would probably be the stumbling block there.
Someone mentioned Mraz has a foot injury that's a real concern. If that’s accurate then I think it’s best to avoid him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be my preference as well of course, just tried to make it a bit more realistic as I think GC would prefer the guaranteed pick 2 and to get an elite talent in the door right now.
Theyve got so many kids they cant get games into them all. Theyre giving away decent players for next to nothing, and theyll have a big salary squeeze in a few years. They might want to see what theyve got before they go rushing to add more kids right now. Theyve still got Lombard coming in anyway

With Coby burgiel not looking like he will get a contract and also he doesn’t look happy it seems he might want to move back to Victoria. I think he is a good player but he might leave. What could we get for him a 3rd rounder. And also what would we get for compensation if rotham left another 3rd rounder. This wouldn’t be bad 2 3rd rounders.

Honestly very hard to make a case for too many others on our list who could or should demand a pay increase on form.

On a similar note - if players and managers ask for more when they are in form - how many players and managers offer to pay back some of their contract when they’re playing shizen?

Seems a bit of a one way street to me.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing more than there were whispers in Melbourne about it. Now I've heard rumours of OA being poached before, but I just can't remember if it was also the Demons then. Could be a recycled rumour.

IIRC Bombers were reportedly sniffing around OA last year - May have been year before.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone is ‘tradable’ at the right price but unless a stupid overs offer (which I doubt as both are RFAs next year) I’m keeping both Waterman (26) and Allen (25), you don’t trade key forwards at the age. Both should still play for us for another 8 years and their styles should complement each other.

The only players I’d consider untradeable are Allen and Harley

Everyone else is tradeable for the right price.

Some are tradeable for any price

With Coby burgiel not looking like he will get a contract and also he doesn’t look happy it seems he might want to move back to Victoria. I think he is a good player but he might leave. What could we get for him a 3rd rounder. And also what would we get for compensation if rotham left another 3rd rounder. This wouldn’t be bad 2 3rd rounders.

I know he has been up and down in the WAFL but it sucks we haven’t even given him a run at AFL level but have gifted games to Luke Edwards, Gaff, Sheed, Jones and Witherden throughout the year.

The only players I’d consider untradeable are Allen and Harley

Everyone else is tradeable for the right price.

Some are tradeable for any price

I wouldn’t have Allen as untradeable purely because we’d have Waterman, Maric, A.Reid and J.Williams and Oscar hasn’t shown us his body can be trusted, has missed way too many games to be considered untouchable.

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back