List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 63 24.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 50 19.2%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 6 2.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Davies, Garcia and Knobel are all out of contract and should be the three main trade targets for us this year. All can be part of bigger deals with their respective clubs. If we can get two of the three over that would be an outstanding result.
This would be an awesome coup for the club.

One can dream I suppose. (Very achievable)

Two senior SANFL games, two impressive performances and two times in the best for South Adelaide. Also two times with double digit tackles, showing his bravery and readiness to compete against hardened professionals. Sid's kicking was a little off and he resorted to quick dump kicks from stoppage at times, but in heavy conditions his hands were super clean and creative.

If we were to get in 2 ready made mids from other clubs, like a Garcia + Davies for example, I feel like we would be better off splitting our 1R and getting travaglia + best available with the other pick, even if its not a midfielder.

Getting in 2 blokes means we have Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, Davies, Garcia and Chesser potentially? with Hall and whoever else as depth in the WAFL as inside mids

If we give Davies 80% CBAs, and then split the rest up evenly among maybe 5 more players, we would struggle to fit a young mid in.

If we at least shore up half back and wings this year, we can more readily dump a couple of our defender list cloggers like JJ, Rotham and maybe Witherden.
Maybe get a young KPD too.

Then once we have all parts of the field somewhat covered with youth, we can go back to the midfield in 2025.

If we trade our F1 into this year or trade out Barrass/Waterman then we probably just get a top 3 mid + Travaglia anyway so ignore my post

Davies, Garcia and Knobel are all out of contract and should be the three main trade targets for us this year. All can be part of bigger deals with their respective clubs. If we can get two of the three over that would be an outstanding result.
W powell pick 19 2017 draft.

The year we took brander at 13 and ignored powell and starcevich for the Queensland clubs. Also leaving Kelly to go to the cats.

**** me the I hope decision makers on this draft are all gone.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we were to get in 2 ready made mids from other clubs, like a Garcia + Davies for example, I feel like we would be better off splitting our 1R and getting travaglia + best available with the other pick, even if its not a midfielder.

Getting in 2 blokes means we have Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, Davies, Garcia and Chesser potentially? with Hall and whoever else as depth in the WAFL as inside mids

If we give Davies 80% CBAs, and then split the rest up evenly among maybe 5 more players, we would struggle to fit a young mid in.

If we at least shore up half back and wings this year, we can more readily dump a couple of our defender list cloggers like JJ, Rotham and maybe Witherden.
Maybe get a young KPD too.

Then once we have all parts of the field somewhat covered with youth, we can go back to the midfield in 2025.

If we trade our F1 into this year or trade out Barrass/Waterman then we probably just get a top 3 mid + Travaglia anyway so ignore my post
I think it’s the other way. Take the cream but would be a great intake and from what they have shown this year they are ready.

If TB does move on and we can get Travaglia with highest the pick that comes across. He’s what we need.

I think we all want Travaglia he is classy and fills a desperate need
If we can get him and another like Draper
Would be very happy
If we can get a end of first round comp pick would help as our second rounder will get pushed out to 25+
Alex Davies, Riley Garcia and Kaleb Smith if we can get them cheap would be great
If we can pick up Hamish Davis and maybe a Gerryn
Zac Johson is another Vic mid who iam very impressed with as a later pick
There is so much depth this draft would be a great time to cut the list harder than normal

Ultra consistent as always, Jagga Smith was one of Metro's best and performed well in a game in which some of the other fancied draft prospects struggled. It was the same as usual for Jagga, strong at stoppage winning a game high eight clearances and releasing teammates into space with creative and clean hands. He worked hard on the spread and hit up targets consistently by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If HEdwards continues that and the TB ‘ overs’ trade is there, it has to happen.
Yep. If Barrass actually wants to go and it’s not papertalk, I think you have to entertain it.

Relying heavily on Gov staying fit which is risky, but a Gov/Edwards pairing with Bazzo in the wings is a risk worth taking in the short term to gain multiple firsts.

What would it be? Hawks first (currently 6) + Dogs F1? Is that Eagles fan optimism?

Yep. If Barrass actually wants to go and it’s not papertalk, I think you have to entertain it.

Relying heavily on Gov staying fit which is risky, but a Gov/Edwards pairing with Bazzo in the wings is a risk worth taking in the short term to gain multiple firsts.

What would it be? Hawks first (currently 6) + Dogs F1? Is that Eagles fan optimism?
I think Smith trade (8ish), their 2R (30) and Garcia is the play.

Papertalk was delisted years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back