List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the U18 replay again, this draft is absolutely stacked in terms of depth. No way Lindsay gets to our 2R if the draft was held tomorrow. Him and Travaglia (outstanding yet again) would be the best picks for our list IMO.

I’d actually be happy to split our 1R as well as bringing our F1 into this draft to get those two as well as MReid and O’Farrell. Lalor is the other player I’d love. Second round we should take Mraz as long as his navicular injury has 100% healed. If there’s even a shadow of a doubt we should give him a wide berth.

Split pick 1/2/3 for GC picks then Barrass for pick 8 + whatever?

Leaving us with 3 picks from 7-12 areas, and our 2nd rounder

trade 4th rounder for whoever we see fit

Yep. If Barrass actually wants to go and it’s not papertalk, I think you have to entertain it.

Relying heavily on Gov staying fit which is risky, but a Gov/Edwards pairing with Bazzo in the wings is a risk worth taking in the short term to gain multiple firsts.

What would it be? Hawks first (currently 6) + Dogs F1? Is that Eagles fan optimism?
Jamieson wasn’t the worst when he played early in the year.

Yeah depends where Smith goes and final ladder position. they are saying Cats most likely. Which is probably a later pick.

I think we say they have to get a top 10 this year minimum + WB rd2 + Garcia

Yeah depends where Smith goes and final ladder position. they are saying Cats most likely. Which is probably a later pick.

The gap between the AFL performances of them is huge.

If the talk of picks 4-15 or so being relatively even we might be ok with pick 11/12 instead of pick 8.

Maybe pick 12 + WB 2R + Garcia + WB F2 for Barrass and our F3 or something

If the talk of picks 4-15 or so being relatively even we might be ok with pick 11/12 instead of pick 8.

Maybe pick 12 + WB 2R + Garcia + WB F2 for Barrass and our F3 or something
Maybe, depending of the draft intel and who they like and think will fall to us

Edwards is better but I think Jamieson held better with Barrass and McGovern both in the team

Few people on here were adamant Jamieson was the better player hahaha

I don't think it's one or the other personally. I reckon they've both shown signs that they can hold down a key defensive spot when given the chance. Throw in Bazzo I was one who never really understood this boards fascination with Busslinger coming home tbh

Split pick 1/2/3 for GC picks then Barrass for pick 8 + whatever?

Leaving us with 3 picks from 7-12 areas, and our 2nd rounder

trade 4th rounder for whoever we see fit
Yep, although ideally I’d want to take Dennis with our 4R. Also very happy to hand The Chad to Freo on a silver platter if they are desperate enough to trade their 3x1Rs for our F1.

Yep, although ideally I’d want to take Dennis with our 4R. Also very happy to hand The Chad to Freo on a silver platter if they are desperate enough to trade their 3x1Rs for our F1.
Yeah I personally dont want us to give up potentially a top 5 pick or 2 top 10 picks for Warner.
100% against it

Give him to Freo if hes that keen on coming home.

3 1R picks, 1 2R pick, and 1 4R pick.

If we want to keep all those picks we might have to get a bit creative to get one or 2 mids in as depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Pete Just so I’m clear with your thumbs down to trading our F1 for Freo’s 3x1Rs…

You’re saying that you wouldn’t trade our F1 for picks 7, 10 and 14 in this draft? For reference that’s probably one of MReid/Lalor as well as Travaglia and Lindsay.

If Warner wants Freo then I'd rather fix the ruck problem for good and take two of their picks + Knobel instead of all three of their 1Rs.

Would really love to bring Garcia in too. Will be an interesting watch on Barrass and our forward log jam.

Given the balance of talent it'll be an interesting first round to see where it all falls.

Has Travaglia played a bad game all year yet?

I'd consider an electric small forward a gap on our list so would be fine with looking at Kako with our second also.

Last edited:
If both D. Rioli and D. Martin are genuine targets for GC, I imagine one of picks 8 or 9 are going to Richmond. And yes I know Martin is an unrestricted free agent.

If Warner wants Freo then I'd rather fix the ruck problem for good and take two of their picks + Knobel instead of all three of their 1Rs.
I’d add our 2R for Knobel in addition to the F1 for 3x1Rs. I wouldn’t take Knobel instead of pick 14 though.

Has Travaglia played a bad game all year yet?
He’s had a couple of quieter games but certainly
not a bad one. Been saying it all year, he’s an absolute star.

Elite Pete Just so I’m clear with your thumbs down to trading our F1 for Freo’s 3x1Rs…

You’re saying that you wouldn’t trade our F1 for picks 7, 10 and 14 in this draft? For reference that’s probably one of MReid/Lalor as well as Travaglia and Lindsay.
I’m in the Warner camp, Superstar.

Few HEdwards doubters might have to eat their words I'm thinking

He can play
Dude rocked up into WAFl seniors and dominated aerial contests from day dot. Just like Barrass and McGovern before him.

Yeah he's a goofy looking dude and his height hurts his agility but if he can compete hard in the air, then there are 18 clubs that would happily want him on their list.

I’m in the Warner camp, Superstar.
He is a superstar but that’s a lot to turn down for a bloke who might not even want to come to us, especially if we win a few games and the F1 becomes pick 3 or 4.

Last edited:
If both D. Rioli and D. Martin are genuine targets for GC, I imagine one of picks 8 or 9 are going to Richmond. And yes I know Martin is an unrestricted free agent.
GC would have to have rocks in their heads to trade a top 10 pick for D.Rioli

Not saying its out of the question though

Can always do a 3 way trade that ends with Richmond getting pick 1 and 2, Eagles 2 firsts and Suns both of those players and other picks thrown around to even it out

I think we all want Travaglia he is classy and fills a desperate need
If we can get him and another like Draper
Would be very happy
If we can get a end of first round comp pick would help as our second rounder will get pushed out to 25+
Alex Davies, Riley Garcia and Kaleb Smith if we can get them cheap would be great
If we can pick up Hamish Davis and maybe a Gerryn
Zac Johson is another Vic mid who iam very impressed with as a later pick
There is so much depth this draft would be a great time to cut the list harder than normal

We don't need another backward centre footballer. Not unless they come with an elite line breaking ability and an accurate kick over distance.

He is a superstar but that’s a lot to turn down for a bloke who might not even want to come to us, especially if we win a very games and the F1 becomes pick 3 or 4.
While Warner is in play (Pyke and maybe Cox* would have a better read on it most). He’s a needle mover along with Reid + Hewett + Smillie/Draper/FOS that’s a midfield for a decade. With Keys forwards already sorted. I just don’t do that trade. Even more so if the TB one happens.

You just don’t give away possible pick 1 in what looks high end talent again next year for picks in the teens imo.

2021 draft a lot of the blokes have been 3
years in the system and still unknown if they are going to make it or not. We can’t be in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back