List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not reading 40 new pages but I assume the board is taking this well?

3 for 12 and 14 is a poor deal on an ordinary day, giving up an all-but-guaranteed quality player for two gambles that may or may not pay off in the teens. But when one of those picks is flipped to get you a 27-year-old dependable utility that is not elite in any way, leaving you with just one roll of the dice, it becomes horrific. Particularly when, if the club had a spine, you could have got him for 26 or nothing in the PSD, as well as Owies, who was already told he was being delisted. Then to give picks back to Carlton? I'm dumbfounded. This is Freo/Gold Coast levels of incompetence.

2nd worst, 2005 GF can't be topped.
I had a great time in a London pub, the game was a classic, and at least respected Sydney and was happy to see their drought end, despite the pain of losing. This is worse.

Surely this is all 4D chess from Richmond FC to try and weaken WC and use their plants (Clarke, McQualter, Baker and Graham) to promote Richmond to Reid.

Reid to Richmond in a year’s time!

Carlton and Richmond both make out like bandits here. 14 for Baker?

12 and Owies for 3!?!
Correction: 12, Baker, Owies and 73 for 3, 63 and 68

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Trying to look at this positively.

WCE have slid down 9 spots in an allegedly solid top 20-30.

9 spots to secure Baker and Owies.

Obviously they see a player they think will still be around for P14-15 after slides?

So probably hoping to bring in a good draftee and experience in Baker + Owies.
Please don't be positive for us. Just point and laugh like all of the other visitors, thank you.

They must reeeeeeallly rate Baker and Owies.

I don't, so this deal absolutely stinks.

According to the last club email (which was also a letter from Pyke trying to soften a fee increase...) I have until Wednesday November 13th 2024 to, as they put it, 'update my payment plan'.

I've been thinking to ‘update’ for a few reasons, like using the membership funds to buy general tickets for the whole family for a few games, instead of my membership. The free kids tickets in July make this appealing. My wife will be happy to have me on more weekends.

I'd also get to avoid a racist family member who can't stop ranting about welcomes to country, even when there aren't any.

Today's news makes this decision a bit easier. What a joke.

There is nothing positive in this.

Depends who you pick.

Both WA boards are fondling themselves over the possibility of getting Warner in 2025, who was taken at P39 lol.

If you nail your P12 you'll get a good player, same as your P3 opportunity (plenty of picks go bust).

You've also picked up a good player in Baker and a proven goalkicker in Owies.

This will need to be reviewed in 3+ years to decide if it was a good trade or not tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oppo supporters...come at us!

Please don't be positive for us. Just point and laugh like all of the other visitors, thank you.

Not sure pointing and laughing (outside of blues and tigers fans)

More so looking on worriedly as someone continously punches themselves in the face and deciding whether or not to help

Wow.

That was underwhelming.

In 2022 we split pick 2 for 9 and 12.

In 2024 we split 3 for 12 and 14.

Not too dissimilar.

However the epic failure is using 14 on Baker. This is the problem here. And a failure to understand what players are actually worth.

Not so much what we got for 3.

The other issue is in 2022 the players around pick 2 were Vic mummies boys. So splitting made sense. This 2024draft and pick 3. Plenty of options who would have no issue moving West.

All I can say is Pyke and Clarke had better turn Barrass into something better than expected or this trade period is looking very VERY average.

We wont be hearing from WC Phil or Bond for some time I'm guessing. When they come out of witness protection....maybe.

Not sure pointing and laughing (outside of blues and tigers fans)

More so looking on worriedly as someone continously punches themselves in the face and deciding whether or not to help
Just take us out back and shoot us please.

Just grin and bear it guys , it can’t be undone now ..
We will get a good player in Baker and Owies who will be able to to play Mcqualter’s faster game plan ..
Hopefully Allen or Tatau will be there at Pick 12 ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've been one of those that has always backed the club in. Sometimes wrongly.

Trading pick 3 for 12 and 14 was horrendous to start with.
But doing it so we could get Baker and to a lesser extent Owies is unforgivable in my eyes.

I'm devastated TBH.
same here. im usually quite reserved on the socials. rarely get involved seriously bagging out players, coaches, club etc.

but this is truly moronic. clark, pyke and co are ****ing fools.

Liam Baker now under pressure for the rest of the career to be better than the player we would've drafted at pick 3.
We paid a big price just to get him through the door.
I hope he understands the magnitude of the responsibility that he has to bear
I am equally confused with this decision as anyone, but you realise this isn't right yea?

Baker, Owies and player at pick 12 combined v player at pick 3, is what we need to judge this trade on.

Only solution I can think of, is West Coast are going down the Hawthorn way of list management and lifting their floor, rather than lifting their ceiling, to then attract players to the club and be able to lift the ceiling in future trade/draft periods.

Only difference is Hawthorn paid unders for all their recruits, where as we are paying overs.

He's kicked 60 goals in the last two years.

Goalkickers don't grow on trees.

I was hoping RFC would take a look tbh.
If he can kick around 100 in his 3 years that's a pass.

We need him to bring pressure too though, dunno if that's his game

Baker will be Baker and crack in but it's the unknown pick 3 that could turn into a Bont etc

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depends who you pick.

Both WA boards are fondling themselves over the possibility of getting Warner in 2025, who was taken at P39 lol.

If you nail your P12 you'll get a good player, same as your P3 opportunity (plenty of picks go bust).

You've also picked up a good player in Baker and a proven goalkicker in Owies.

This will need to be reviewed in 3+ years to decide if it was a good trade or not tbh.
Again, there is nothing positive in this.

You don't buy lotto tickets, hoping to get rich, you make sound and savvy investments instead.

WCE just bought a bunch of poo paper, thinking it was gold leaf.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back