List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I am equally confused with this decision as anyone, but you realise this isn't right yea?

Baker, Owies and player at pick 12 combined v player at pick 3, is what we need to judge this trade on.

Only solution I can think of, is West Coast are going down the Hawthorn way of list management and lifting their floor, rather than lifting their ceiling, to then attract players to the club and be able to lift the ceiling in future trade/draft periods.

Only difference is Hawthorn paid unders for all their recruits, where as we are paying overs.
Hawthorn already had decent young mids also.

We have Reid and nobody else.

Baker and Owies are decent additions. Necessary mature bodies to help the young ones develop. No one disputes that.

But the price paid? Ugh. Baker was uncontracted and Owies was a delisting candidate.

Better hope that the person we were looking at for pick 3 slides to pick 12. We will find out in a few years whether this paid off.

Anyway this will be my only melt, because it would just ruin the rest of my day if I continue.

Well, I owe all the bed wetters a massive apology. You were right all along. Our club has absolutely ballsed up this trade period.

Undersold pick 3 and then compounded it by overpaying for Baker.

There's going to be blood in the streets next year if we go 0-5 with McQualter trying to implement Richmond's outdated gameplan and Graham, Baker and Owies spudding it up. Pick 12 struggling to develop in the WAFL.

We'd better be saying 'Coleman Medallist Matt Owies', 'Brownlow Medallist Liam Baker', and 'Rising Star Winner (Insert Pick 12 here)' this time next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker and Owies are decent additions. Necessary mature bodies to help the young ones develop. No one disputes that.

But the price paid? Ugh. Baker was uncontracted and Owies was a delisting candidate.

Better hope that the person we were looking at for pick 3 slides to pick 12. We will find out in a few years whether this paid off.

Anyway this will be my only melt, because it would just ruin the rest of my day if I continue.
Yeah that's the only reason I can fathom that they did this....they still believe the player they want will still be there at 12

Feel real sorry for you guys right now.

Richmond and the VIC media over inflating the value of their players has ruined both WC and GC's drafts. I think GC could have actually got above the Lombard pick and added another top 3 player to their list.

If you went back to day one, how much better does this trade look:

1728952704438.png

Bo Allan or who they rate as the best home grown but no guarantee?

Get Travaglia at 12 and it might salvage the trade somewhat as he could end up being right up there with the best in this draft - a Will Day type player. Just can't work out why the need to trade 14 straight up for Baker. Surely a down trade with a club like Sydney for their 19 & 22 with one of them going to Richmond for Baker would have been there to explore?

Get Travaglia at 12 and it might salvage the trade somewhat as he could end up being right up there with the best in this draft - a Will Day type player. Just can't work out why the need to trade 14 straight up for Baker. Surely a down trade with a club like Sydney for their 19 & 22 with one of them going to Richmond for Baker would have been there to explore?

He won't be there at 12 > 14.

Dons supporter who initially came here for a lol. However going to give an unbiased reaction

• Baker and Owies make you instantly more competitive next year
  • You can throw a blanket over the top 20 in this draft, you will still get a very good kid at pick 12
  • With future picks from Barrass trade, you can then trade back into this draft
1728952947038.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back