List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel real sorry for you guys right now.

Richmond and the VIC media over inflating the value of their players has ruined both WC and GC's drafts. I think GC could have actually got above the Lombard pick and added another top 3 player to their list.

If you went back to day one, how much better does this trade look:

View attachment 2141931
1. West Coast and Gold Coast can say no
2. Media has no say in any trade unless the jokers employed by the clubs let it influence their decisions

It would be nice if the WA media goes hard at Pyke and Clarke (even though they won't) to really question the decision making process, especially since 12 and 14 was quickly knocked back but Matt Owies, a soon to be 28 year old small forward nearing being delisted unlocked the trade?

Sit them in front of members and make them answer the questions. We're supposed to be rebuilding, and we have pick 12, 26, 73 and 2 older players to show for it. It's pathetic.

Owies kicked 60 the last 2 years at a pretty good Carlton fwd line.

You can sort of compare... The feet of Curnow and .McKay now at the feet of Snake and Oscar he could be dangerous

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best part is it probably confirms Ryan has had enough and is ready to ride off into the sunset.

The only upside I can think of is that unless there is a standout (e.g. Judd, Reid) we are shit at using high draft picks, so we’ve protected ourselves from that…..

Nope, not even that makes me feel better.

Just can't work out why the need to trade 14 straight up for Baker.
Because our ex-Richmond list manager and ex-Richmond coach clearly have a massive hard on for him, all while the Jon Ralph’s and Jay Clarks are up on their soapbox proclaiming how he’s worth a first rounder

Dons supporter who initially came here for a lol. However going to give an unbiased reaction

• Baker and Owies make you instantly more competitive next year
  • You can throw a blanket over the top 20 in this draft, you will still get a very good kid at pick 12
  • With future picks from Barrass trade, you can then trade back into this draft

• Baker and Owies make you instantly more competitive next year
They don't make us a finals squad next year and won't be regular good players when we are ready to really compete at top level again.

• You can throw a blanket over the top 20 in this draft, you will still get a very good kid at pick 12
The downgrade was 4 to 15 in real time. a MASSIVE gulf between abilities there.

• With future picks from Barrass trade, you can then trade back into this draft
Barrass makes Hawks better, there F1 and F2 will come in around 20 and 40 on draft night 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop

Carlton: Hey Eagles we'll give you 12 and 14 for 3

Eagles: Nah brah

Carlton: Okay how about 12, 14, 73 and Owies for 3, 63 and 68

Eagles: Yas Queen!!

Genuinely the first offer was the better one. The other shoe isn't dropping, is it? Blues must be paying Owies salary I reckon. And given we didn't get a second rounder back with Baker the Tigers must be picking up some of the tab there too.

Saving grace will be if we are keeping our books lean for a huge deal in the near future.

**** you Matt Clarke. **** you Don Pyke. **** you team dry sheets.

You were all warned. The writing was on the wall from the very beginning of this period.

Officially the weakest club in the AFL. Opposition clubs must get a hard on every time they see us at the end of a deal.

**** this club.

like everyone else just can't be happy with this deal. But thinking about all I see is the club has firm sights on Chad Warner and thats the only thing I can possibly think of that would make them do this.
They want to win 5-8 games next year and be seen as an up and coming team.

Other than that this makes no sense when rebuilding.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back