List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Im not at all.

I like picks 8 and 12. Just need the cherry on the cake thanks.

Fair return as well for Rioli is the trouble.
Exactly - we are turning ourselves inside out for a player who doesn't deserve the new set of problems he is now causing. Let's turn our attention to what we want, not how to compromise what we want while continuing to prioritise his wishes. He can get where he wants without us doing anything more. Conversely, if they want him badly enough, Port can act like they do.

Light hearted joke guys. We are on the same page. Personally, I'd do 2 and Rioli for 8,12,15...19 if we had to.

I'm not sure if what WCE_phil is saying has any truth to it or not, as much as I enjoy his posting and his insights I will believe that rumoured trade from earlier in the thread when I see it. If we do it, there would have to be a BLOODY good reason...and I can't fathom one.

Thought it is a mortarium over the weekend.

Last i read the AFL politely told Port to **** off. So any deal is done and dead until Port can find something?

8, 12, 15 or 19 - acceptable.
8, 12 and future 1st - acceptable
8, 12 and player - meh

anything else walk away. Port want player, its up to Port to make everyone happy.

If a player is involved, is there anyone from Port we do want?

No trades can be officially announced on the weekend, but I’d imagine the work would be ongoing.

Call me crazy, but maybe it is best to stay calm and not melt until/if we have cause to 😂 Given the club’s stance regarding Rioli since the time of his announced intention to move, I don’t think we are going to be giving in and being the trodden on party in this proposed “mega” deal.

They arent.

GWS are trading 3 and 12 for pick 1.

Port send us 8, North send us 12 for pick 2 was the offer we knocked back because Port wanted Rioli as well.
North won't trade pick 1 and JHF unless they get picks 2 and 3 out of it .

That's not our problem .

If we hold the key to all this then the other clubs should bend to our whims.

Port seem to be adding nothing more than extra clubs to this trade when they should be adding extra capital.

Their pick 9 + future 1st + 33 43 53 don't even get them JHF .

How the hell do they get rioli and ratagolea ?

They need to stump up a good player to one of the other teams minimum.

I don't understand why anyone thinks the GWS would/should trade pick 3 and 12 for pick 2. They'd be giving up pick 12 just to move up a single place... what is their incentive? If there is a player we are interested in that GWS also wants... then why would we make that trade? And if we aren't competing for the same player, then there is no benefit to GWS for the trade.

If I were GWS, I might consider 3+12 for 2+20. Or maybe even 3+15 for 2+20. But really, I'd be trying to package 12+15 to try and sneak a sub-10 pick out of someone...
I’m not sure why people don’t understand this.

GWS want Cadman. West Coast’s job is to ensure they believe there are other teams below and around them that also want to move up to take Cadman. This happens all the time with live pick trading in the US Sports, in particular the NFL.

It is not as simple as:

• West Coast want him - they draft him
  • West Coast don’t want him - GWS call our bluff and refuse to trade up

On draft night, we tell GWS that we have competing offers to move up to 2 to take Cadman. Sure, we could be bluffing. But if they’re that into him, are they prepared to call our bluff and risk missing out on him?

I’m not sure why people don’t understand this.

GWS want Cadman. West Coast’s job is to ensure they believe there are other teams below and around them that also want to move up to take Cadman. This happens all the time with live pick trading in the US Sports, in particular the NFL.

It is not as simple as:

• West Coast want him - they draft him
  • West Coast don’t want him - GWS call our bluff and refuse to trade up

On draft night, we tell GWS that we have competing offers to move up to 2 to take Cadman. Sure, we could be bluffing. But if they’re that into him, are they prepared to call our bluff and risk missing out on him?
Exactly this.

Port wanted Sinn and thought the Bombers at 13 or another team would jump up to our pick to get him.
So they gave us a free 2nd rounder to go back two spots so they could get him.
This is for Pick 12.

Now imagine it being at the top of the draft.

Gets interesting if Port pulls out and Rioli tries to come back. Is our offer off the table? We will hear a lot about player welfare if we say ‘good luck in the PSD’.
I don't want Rioli now. He stinks

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m predicting

WC - OUT 2, Rioli. IN 8, 12, 45, F2 (North)

Port - OUT 8, 33, 45, F1 IN JHF, Rioli

GWS - OUT 3, 12 IN 1

North - OUT 1, JHF, F2 IN 2, 3, 33, F1 (Port)

Port give up everything they can offer draft wise and miss out on Ratagolea

GWS get Cadman

North get Wardlaw and Sheezel plus an extra 1st next season

WC are flush with picks over the next couple of drafts and can get the WA kids they’re likely targeting if there’s truth to the rumours in here

Who says no?

Last edited:
I’m predicting

GWS - OUT 3, 12 IN 1

North - OUT 1, JHF. IN 2, 3, 33, F1 (Port)

GWS get Cadman

WC are flush with picks over the next couple of drafts and can get the WA kids they’re likely targeting if there’s truth to the rumours in here

Who says no?

We probably won't take anymore than 4-5 players, so we'd have no need for pick 45.
We'll only use 8, 12, 20, 26 & maybe 40.
If anything we would try to get an upgrade on pick 40, so at least Port's 33 or someone else's future pick.

I’m predicting

GWS - OUT 3, 12 IN 1

North - OUT 1, JHF. IN 2, 3, 33, F1 (Port)

GWS get Cadman

Who says no?
Port are massive winners in that trade .
8 + future 1 + amon for JHF and Rioli

Rioli for amon is pretty much a swap .

JHF for 8 and Future 1st is highway robbery

say what you want about our recent history with drafting and trading for players, which I'm on the fence about overall, but I definitely trust the club's history when it comes to swapping & selling draft picks. Dunno if we've put a foot wrong in this space since future-years pick swaps have come in. But we've had some ripping wins.

Imagine getting the call that you want to be moved to another city, all the moving parts, house, friends etc even before you got to speak to the proposed footy club and their offer.

Happens all over the World in nearly every other major professional sport, players move on short notice, even to other countries.

Australia is the only place were there's this weird obsession with being as close as humanly possible to your family and the friends you grew up with.

JFH little heart can't stand to be 3 hours away from Adelaide. Meanwhile a kid from the slums of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil moves to Esbjerg, Demark just for a chance to make it professionally.

Cough up a player of equal value for Rioli, or give us your pick 8 and we'll send you Rioli and 40.

Hold onto 2. **** Port. If we don't come out winners from this, walk away and cut our losses with Rioli- He can go to whoever in the PSD

We probably won't take anymore than 4-5 players, so we'd have no need for pick 45.
We'll only use 8, 12, 20, 26 & maybe 40.
If anything we would try to get an upgrade on pick 40, so at least Port's 33 or someone else's future pick.
We’d be able to bundle a couple of picks to move up the draft board or trade it with someone like Freo for example who won’t have anything this draft night for one of their future picks

Happens all over the World in nearly every other major professional sport, players move on short notice, even to other countries.

Australia is the only place were there's this weird obsession with being as close as humanly possible to your family and the friends you grew up with.

JFH little heart can't stand to be 3 hours away from Adelaide. Meanwhile a kid from the slums of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil moves to Esbjerg, Demark just for a chance to make it professionally.

It’s not the same. Those players are on tens of millions, they have staff packing up their homes and families and paying for and facilitating relocations.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back