List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
After what Schofield said re the air been taken out of the room when the players were told at the early morning meeting of the initial test result etc, pretty sure it derailed that game, since then he's been pinged again and while he's meant to be on compassionate leave from the club he's trying to work a deal with pa.
Doesn't GAF about his footy mates, the club or its supporters that stuck by him when he needed it most.
Still want a pick of some sort back for him but won't loose any sleep if we don't...
See ya Jnr🖕

After what Schofield said re the air been taken out of the room when the players were told at the early morning meeting of the initial test result etc, pretty sure it derailed that game, since then he's been pinged again and while he's meant to be on compassionate leave from the club he's trying to work a deal with pa.
Doesn't GAF about his footy mates, the club or its supporters that stuck by him when he needed it most.
Still want a pick of some sort back for him but won't loose any sleep if we don't...
See ya Jnr🖕

He isnt the sharpest tac in the box and its proven he makes poor decisions. Deciding to go to the Power is another.

Been out of phone range since Friday so just catching up on the pick swap situation.
Don’t understand the latest proposal. If we were adamant we weren’t taking 8 and Ports 2023 first rounder for pick 2, why are we taking 2 & 12 this year?
12 isn’t any better then Ports 2023 1st.

I’m hoping North do the trade with GWS, we keep pick 2. They take Cadman and we get Wardlaw. Perfect
Keep Rioli deal seperate, probably have to bend over a little bit and take 33.

Been trying to rationalise why we might be settling on 8&12 for 2 plus whatever washes out for Rioli

Most of the scenarios splitting pick 2 as a starting point that I play out end up worse than 8&12

The best case scenario is if North don’t take pick 1 but pass on Cadman. Then we’d be able to get 3&12 from GWS and it’s happy days

Just why North wouldn’t take the GWS offer if they weren’t taking Cadman I don’t know, bearing in mind GWS have 15,18&19 to encourage them if they choose not to. My best guess would be them getting spooked that their preferred target wouldn’t be there at 3 and they rate him highly enough above the other options for them refuse the trade

So we only get 3&12 if North aren’t happy with who they could get at 3 if they traded 1

I could come up with a scenario of 4,15&22 as an end result but that 15 was more likely either 18 or 19. That’s arguably better than 8&12 but it’s based on several assumptions

My point is, the club will know far better than any of us what other clubs are actually willing to part with and it just might be the case that 8&12 is as good as we can get, even if that looks a disappointing result from the outside

With all that said, there is no need for us to rush into any decision and time is our ally in stretching it out for something better. We have the least to lose in all this

Now are picks 8&12 a better pairing than 2 on its own in this draft - that’s a subjective question better addressed by people with more knowledge on the draftees than me and is also dependent on the clubs internal rankings

Last edited:
Been trying to rationalise why we might be settling on 8&12 for 2 plus whatever washes out for Rioli

Most of the scenarios splitting pick 2 as a starting point that I play out end up worse than 8&12

The best case scenario is if North don’t take pick 1 but pass on Cadman. Then we’d be able to get 3&12 from GWS and it’s happy days

Just why North wouldn’t take the GWS offer if they weren’t taking Cadman I don’t know, bearing in mind GWS have 15,18&19 to encourage them if they choose not to. My best guess would be them getting spooked that their preferred target wouldn’t be there at 3 and they rate him highly enough above the other options for them refuse the trade

So we only get 3&12 if North aren’t happy with they could get at 3 if they traded 1

I could come up with a scenario of 4,15&22 as an end result but that 15 was more likely either 18 or 19. That’s arguably better than 8&12 but it’s based on several assumptions

My point is, the club will know far better than any of us what other clubs are actually willing to part with and it just might be the case that 8&12 is as good as we can get, even if that looks a disappointing result from the outside

With all that said, there is no need for us to rush into any decision and time is our ally in stretching it out for something better. We have the least to lose in all this

Now are picks 8&12 a better paring than 2 on its own in this draft - that’s a subjective question better addressed by people with more knowledge on the draftees than me and is also dependent on the clubs internal rankings

I'm not across the draft but suspect 8 and 12 will give us access to Ginbey, Busslinger and Hewett, along with the Vic kids we like. It sounds like if 12 becomes 19, we lose our shot at the 3 WA guys.

Tbh i dont totally hate 8 and 12 for 2. We can probaby do better but i just dont know if 2 will be much better option than 8. Its not a draft with the top 3 a clear cut above the rest like a alot of years

I'm not across the draft but suspect 8 and 12 will give us access to Ginbey, Busslinger and Hewett, along with the Vic kids we like. It sounds like if 12 becomes 19, we lose our shot at the 3 WA guys.

Tbh i dont totally hate 8 and 12 for 2. We can probaby do better but i just dont know if 2 will be much better option than 8. Its not a draft with the top 3 a clear cut above the rest like a alot of years
I tend to disagree with that a bit.
Think the top 5 are pretty clear cut.
Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Cadman, Sheezle and Tstatas.
If we traded for 3 & 12 on draft night after North take Wardlaw I’d be happy, but only if North take Wardlaw. We can then tell GWS that unless they do 3&12 we’re taking Cadman. Then I’d take that. Even if we then got Tstatas with 3 (4) id be happy. A player that can get 30 possessions and rack up the ball is a player of need.
Rather then dropping to 8 just because their a local pick.
No gaurantee we finish bottom 2 again so take the access to the high picks while we can imo.

If we traded for 3 & 12 on draft night after North take Wardlaw I’d be happy, but only if North take Wardlaw. We can then tell GWS that unless they do 3&12 we’re taking Cadman. Then I’d take that. Even if we then got Tstatas with 3 (4) id be happy. A player that can get 30 possessions and rack up the ball is a player of need.
No gaurantee we finish bottom 2 again so take the access to the high picks while we can imo.
Dont disagree but the club will know more about these guys than us. ie Wadlaw's hammies and whether he's a vic metro flight risk to return. I think its accepted Sheezle will be a flight risk. Cadman has come from the clouds slightly and i can't help but think he's "got better" on the back of the media coverage. Ginbey is tall (190cm), explosive, phyiscal, good engine, WA MVP, played league footy this year. Appreciate he is abit more of a flanker at times but that was when he was playing league footy to get into it. He reads on paper as exactly what we need. Guess we will see.

Tsatas sounds like Gaff with worse kicking. I haven't heard anything about him that makes me think he should be worth a top 5 pick.

3F42A711-126D-413F-B9AC-65B333F4420A.png

This was the proposed trade.

There’s an error in that Port aren’t shown as trading out their F2 which they were doing if the AFL approved

I’ve no idea how port end up with pick 36 after all that as what they were giving for JHF and Rioli was already unders. That pick 36 should be coming to us not Port

For that deal now to work Port have to trade out a player worthy of a round 2 (this year or next) pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont disagree but the club will know more about these guys than us. ie Wadlaw's hammies and whether he's a vic metro flight risk to return. I think its accepted Sheezle will be a flight risk. Cadman has come from the clouds slightly and i can't help but think he's "got better" on the back of the media coverage. Ginbey is tall (190cm), explosive, phyiscal, good engine, WA MVP, played league footy this year. Appreciate he is abit more of a flanker at times but that was when he was playing league footy to get into it. He reads on paper as exactly what we need. Guess we will see.
Yeah it’s just my opinion. Just hoping we are not going to try and make a midfielder instead of picking one. I know he played onball all champs.
I thought the article on Wardlaw was pretty encouraging regarding his hammies.

Yeah it’s just my opinion. Just hoping we are not going to try and make a midfielder instead of picking one. I know he played onball all champs.
I thought the article on Wardlaw was pretty encouraging regarding his hammies.

Yeah Wardlaw is who I’d want. If we know we can get him, I don’t want to trade down. If we know the roos will take him, happy to slide down.

Thank Christ on a stick that the AFL stepped in.

All praise Gil!

Church Yas GIF

That doesn't seem too bad to me. Pick 2 gets us 8 and 12. Rioli gets us a future second. There's some re-jigging with 3rd round picks that I don't care about.
I'd prefer 19 over F2 + F3 but agree that's not terrible

It’s not the same. Those players are on tens of millions, they have staff packing up their homes and families and paying for and facilitating relocations.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Complete bullshit. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of players from Asia, Africa, South America that move to the lower levels of European football each year to play each week for a pittance for a chance to make it big, many before they turn 21. Many have to deal with racism, exploitation and discrimination while trying to settle in a country with a different language and culture.

Australian footballers are as soft as it comes when comparing them to international counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back