Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
About Time GIFs | Tenor

Woody was also my reaction to the news.

Can someone show this article, it's paywalled:

I can’t unpaywall it but it’s likely based on an interview Nisbett did with Mark Duffield on SEN this morning

Here’s the link to the interview

We’ve moved on one of our strength and conditioning people (not named in the interview) with a replacement expected to take up the role prior to preseason commencing

Warren Kofoed is staying on and overseeing a revamped program which will have 2-3 additional staff from what I understood

Can someone show this article, it's paywalled:

West Coast is poised to appoint a new strength and conditioning coach in a shake up of their program to avoid another miserable injury run like the one that plagued their two-win season.

Chief executive Trevor Nisbett has addressed the club’s horror injury record, including a spate of soft tissue injuries, and says the Eagles want to prevent them next season.

The Eagles’ fitness came under the spotlight this year, with a number of players, including injured pair Elliot Yeo and Nic Naitanui slammed for being overweight.

Former strength and conditioning coach Jordan Stares has left the club for a role at the Queensland Academy of Sport.

Nisbett said the club is just days away from signing off on its new conditioning coach, who will work under high performance manager Warren Kofoed and will be in place before players return for pre-season training.

“Our strength coach has left us, so we are bringing in another conditioning person and we are looking at two or three other areas which will affect the players and their routines and what they’re doing,” he told SEN.

“It will be a different look in our high-performance area under the guidance of Warren Kofoed, Warren has been with us for a number of years and has done an outstanding job.

“We are in the process of appointing him (new conditioning coach), that will hopefully be done within the next week, and if all goes to plan he will be in place prior to the players coming back. We have been working on that for a couple of months.

“Obviously it is his responsibility to ensure that our players are on the track and playing and available. That’s something he is addressing along with the rest of us to ensure we’ve got a fit and healthy squad.”

Nisbett conceded many of the soft tissue injuries players suffered this year could have been prevented with different conditioning strategies.

“It was probably 50-50 in the end, we were really disappointed with a lot of the soft tissue injuries that we got throughout the season and they’re always the ones we think we can prevent,” he said.

“It was certainly the ones that are collision injuries or just accidents during games or trial games or whatever, those were extraordinary and we had a number of ankle injuries this year — there seemed to be a spate of those, and that was disappointing.

“We’re not sure we could have prevented any of those given the circumstances with all of them.

“We have to get on top of those injuries we can prevent and that’s something we’re addressing and we will have a change in personnel in a couple of those high performance areas which will assist us.

“Hopefully we will have a fit, competitive squad all year round and that’s the aim.”

The Eagles suffered a spate of injuries in a dire pre-season game against Fremantle at Mineral Resources Park earlier in the year and were hit by COVID cases worse than any other club, with their management of the pandemic also brought into question.

“I think it is the most extraordinary season we have encountered. It was tough from all aspects, it started disastrously with injury to a number of our players and then on top of that with COVID, so it was a terrible start and it just didn’t finish well either,” Nisbett said.

“I think there’s a number of things, obviously we review everything every year, but every second year we do a total review of what our strategy is going forward, what our timelines are going forward and as a board and a collective with our executive we try and work out where we’re going to be in two or three years time.

“We have got a lot of work to do and we will be putting things in place to try and get those things right.”

2-3 additional staff sounds excellent.

Not sure which department will suffer for it thank you soft cap, but hopefully someone like chief corporate **** sucker or something.
There’s a $500k increase in the cap for next year

Maybe we’re using that primarily to bolster S&C

Nisbett said the club is just days away from signing off on its new conditioning coach, who will work under high performance manager Warren Kofoed and will be in place before players return for pre-season training.

“It will be a different look in our high-performance area under the guidance of Warren Kofoed, Warren has been with us for a number of years and has done an outstanding job.

So hang on a minute: Kofoed is staying on because he has done an "outstanding job"!? So then who the hell is responsible for the past few years? He was in charge of this area was he not? If we are poor in this area, that is on him

Warren Kofoed with the old credits in the bank

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Last edited:
So hang on a minute: Kofoed is staying on because he has done an "outstanding job"!? So then who the hell is responsible for the past few years? He was in charge of this area was he not? If we are poor in this area, that is on him

Warren Kofoed was the old credits in the bank

Reading between the lines it means that our Strength coach got a new job and is leaving us, how can we make this look like we instigated it to appease the minions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warren Kofoed with the old credits in the bank

If the head chef is doing a shit job in the kitchen, you don't sack the food & beverage manager.

That is unless the F&B manager refuses to move the chef on and get a new one.

Indeed just who would we take and there is the difference between who I would go and who I thing The Pie Man & Co go.

🥧 would take Clark....what you see is what you get a vey safe pick and he would be aa very good pick if we went that way.
🧐 would go Phillipou its more risky a pick, but I feel that he has the biggest upside of the mids in that range.

I always thought Mackenzie was a poor mans Clark?

So who is better in order?

Clark, Mackenzie or the poo.

Would absolutely prefer if Kofoed was moved on instead of a random S&C understudy who already has another position lined up in QLD.

Pretty much a wet lettuce article. Nobody was sacked, it's just saying we're going to throw more cash into that department under the same peanut.

Warren, Ro, Simpson.... is ANY campaigners job ever on the line at West Coast after the worst season in its 35+ year history or nah? Just keep backing them in Nesbitt.

He is ........................ but he hasn't shown the same body of work at all levels as a goal kicking mid that Makenzie has.

And I am a massive Phillipou fan.

Mckenzies foot skills and ball delivery are elite and therefore he is a better prospect than the Phillipou.

Reality it's a moot point because I cant see Mckenzie still bing on the board after Hawthorn's pick.

Mitchel, from what I have heard has a massive chub for him :eggplant: ..... and what Sammy boy wants ..... he generally gets.

The only way I see them not taking him is IF somehow miraculously Sheezel was still on the board ........... and that ain't happening.
I concur, Mackenzie slightly ahead of Phillipou for our pick (if available).
I always thought Mackenzie was a poor mans Clark?

So who is better in order?

Clark, Mackenzie or the poo.
Mackenzie, Phillipou, Hewett, Hollands, Ginbey, Clark

Thing is, I might be more understanding if they came out and said "we have had some deficiencies in our strength and conditioning team, and our high performance manager is well aware of our expectations moving forward"

Translation: "the team had been dismal in terms of strength and conditioning under Kofoed's watch and this is his final chance to remedy the situation, with increased help and a fresh perspective around him, lest he be rightly sacked"

But to blatently sprout the bullsh*t of "he has done an outstanding job"?

Get the f*ck outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back