List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Well, in regards to the strength coach leaving, if Nisbett s**t-canned him in an interview he'd likely be opening himself up for a potential defamation lawsuit.

Also, who would want to apply for a job at WCE if the CEO goes on radio and says that former employees are s**t?

Let's use our brains please.

It's been quite fun reading the reactions.

Club makes changes that everyone wanted
WhY DiDnT tHe ClUb PuBlIcLy DeNoUnCe HiM??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The Chinese invented TikTok to make western people dumber and lazier . I know I spend hours watching moonwalk dancing
My watch list relates to fitness....mainly asian women doing fitness, but fitness none the less. When the wife asks I just say I'm watching fitness videos.

Article on AFL.com.au about Body Majik training AFL players while in WA. At the end of the article it says he isn't training any eagles players except for Winder (delisted). Says he is set to rejoin us.

"Darcy and Jackson are part of a large Fremantle cohort that Majda trains, with delisted West Coast forward Isiah Winder, who is set to re-join the club as a rookie for 2023, jumping onboard this off-season as the only Eagle."

Article on AFL.com.au about Body Majik training AFL players while in WA. At the end of the article it says he isn't training any eagles players except for Winder (delisted). Says he is set to rejoin us.

"Darcy and Jackson are part of a large Fremantle cohort that Majda trains, with delisted West Coast forward Isiah Winder, who is set to re-join the club as a rookie for 2023, jumping onboard this off-season as the only Eagle."

Well certainly if drinking copious amounts of bourbon is part of the plan Winder was following it to a letter at Flemington last week..

Can’t believe a 20 year old on annual leave would drink to excess. On a national drinking holiday, no less.

Was probably wearing a Bob Marley t-shirt as well.
To be fair, if you've just been cut and your only hope of a second chance is showing you have the fitness, skills and determination to make it, you might want to give that drinking holiday a miss, just this once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances we can pick up English as a RFA next year? English would be 26 if we took him next year. Would leave Bulldogs pretty thin in the ruck with only Sweet on the list in the Ruck so I imagine they would put up a fight. I'd imagine we would have a bit of cash to spend with a few more retirements likely next year and Gaff's contract extension ending as well.

What are the chances we can pick up English as a RFA next year? English would be 26 if we took him next year. Would leave Bulldogs pretty thin in the ruck with only Sweet on the list in the Ruck so I imagine they would put up a fight. I'd imagine we would have a bit of cash to spend with a few more retirements likely next year and Gaff's contract extension ending as well.
No chance next year

2024 however…..

No chance next year

2024 however…..
Ah yeah, I was reading this article but didn't realise it was for 2024 FA's...

I feel like it's a hole we will prob need to plug before the '25 season. I cant imagine NN will be able to see out the '23 and '24 seasons and I'd hate to rely on B.Williams and Jamieson for a whole season. Perhaps it's a fringe mature ruck on a one year contract for the '24 season before making a play at English for '25. Meek would have been so handy...

They do have Luke Darcy's kid as well who could potentially ruck
Rory Lobb will still be around then

Ah yeah, I was reading this article but didn't realise it was for 2024 FA's...

I feel like it's a hole we will prob need to plug before the '25 season. I cant imagine NN will be able to see out the '23 and '24 seasons and I'd hate to rely on B.Williams and Jamieson for a whole season. Perhaps it's a fringe mature ruck on a one year contract for the '24 season before making a play at English for '25. Meek would have been so handy...
Yeah, that was an odd article talking about who might be free agents in two years time

Guess it’s not just us fans passing time by posting shit until the draft gets closer. Seems like it’s taking forever to get here

Wat.

Afl.priddis with the inside word apparently.

Well that answers who our 2nd rookie selection is, so only 1 live pick this year.

By 2nd rookie selection, you mean the 2nd selection in the rookie draft right?

Nothing more West Coast than using the earliest possible rookie selection to re-list a delisted player who no-one else is going to take anyway!

Nothing more West Coast than using the earliest possible rookie selection to re-list a delisted player who no-one else is going to take anyway!

Winder if played as a midfielder is still a better prospect than 99% of options likely to fall after pick 30 imo.

Bits I don't like ....
"Our strength coach has left us" - ok so we're not being proactive at all. Only making a change because someone has left.
"It will be a different look in our high-performance area under the guidance of Warren Kofoed, Warren has been with us for a number of years and has done an outstanding job" - Errr, Trevor, did you check the injury list at all the last two years, nobody was doing an outstanding job. Head in the sand again
"It was certainly the ones that are collision injuries or just accidents during games or trial games or whatever, those were extraordinary and we had a number of ankle injuries this year.....We’re not sure we could have prevented any of those given the circumstances with all of them". Yep sure right Trev

The third comment - along with others made over the last 12 months such as Trev saying the Kelly trade was at the time lauded as one of the great trades (or words to that effect), and an assistant coach in pre-season saying our best could compete with any team - underline just how much these guys exist in a bubble and give each other pats on the back with no concept of reality or what anyone outside their own four walls thinks. They are the very definition of drinking the cool-aid.

When someone is sacked employers rarely say that. It may involve a confidentiality agreement between parties.

How do you stop impact injuries. You can only control what you can control.

Now fitness levels, recovery and rehab. That you can control.

This is painfully accurate

This is painfully accurate

Except for the fact that for every re-rookieing in the past decade (Venables, McInnes, Colledge, Waterman, Tunbridge, Newman) we’ve taken live picks first and left those players until last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back