List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Not to mention with Amon topping Ports Brownlow count that Compo pick could end up being late first instead of second which would make things even more interesting.

I almost hope it's a first round pick so we can then ask for Ports second rounder next year. I'd much prefer that.

Offer Port's 2023 second rounder (30) our 2023 second rounder (24) & our 2023 third rounder (42) for pick 8.

That would be assuming we finish around 13th and Port around 7th which i think is either way of how the picks could fall. Each club takes a little risk but from a points perspective it's 1809 points they get to bank for next year and we pay a small upgrade cost for pick 8 which is worth 1551 points.

Pick 3 draft one of Wardlaw or Sheezel with 3

Pick 8 draft one of Tsatas, Cadman, Clark, Mackenzie, Busslinger or Hewett

We'd still have 21-23 and 27-30 up our sleeves or we can try and use 27-30 to trade back into the second round next year on draft night.

Considering Lions won't be able to give up their first this year for seconds with Gold Coast i think we could pounce and offer them an attractive package for their first.

Didnt he get pantsed by Oliver?

I dunno - I dont think hes worth the trade myself but I'm certainly no expert here.

I'm no city big shot and don't know too much about this Robertson fellow but if that's your measuring stick throw it out.

A number of people here valuing Robertson's performances of late a lot higher than me. Taken ahead of him were Rivers and Warner who are well ahead in performance stakes that Deven. Yes he was better in the game v Cats but he spent most of the night tackling because they had the ball and Lions did not.

He has been in the system for 3 years now and I would have expected more.

1663562593022.png

307976866_5965331533485495_6183512970348976771_n.jpg

A number of people here valuing Robertson's performances of late a lot higher than me. Taken ahead of him were Rivers and Warner who are well ahead in performance stakes that Deven. Yes he was better in the game v Cats but he spent most of the night tackling because they had the ball and Lions did not.

He has been in the system for 3 years now and I would have expected more.

View attachment 1512650
He was given a run-with role at times and not in his preferred position. Stats can be misleading. He wasn't BOG or anything, but against top quality opposition, I think he went ok.

I am reading the complaints about our lack of Brownlow votes. Not sure why there is any surprise.

The Brownlow is a midfielder award.

Our midfield were terrible in 2022.

JK was our leader in the tally room and got votes for his farewell game and 1 other game.

Our 2 leading midfielder polled in 1 game each.

The AFL just love making s**t up on the fly.

Sounds good in theory - but every club knows the picks must be traded so they will all lowball with their offers.

"Hey North, I'll give you Isiah Winder for your future third"

Sounds good in theory - but every club knows the picks must be traded so they will all lowball with their offers.

"Hey North, I'll give you Isiah Winder for your future third"
My first thought was they'd just be added to the trade for Logue and potentially Tucker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads. Currently doing a best 22 series for each team and the Eagles backline is the thing that has got me stumped.

B: Hurn - Barrass - ?
HB: Duggan - Mcgovern - ?

Who fills in the last two spots in the best 22, plus ideally a third off the bench?

Currently have Edwards on the bench with Witherden and Jones on field, but also looking at names like Foley, Cole, Nelson, Rotham (especially) and even Petrevski-Seton.

I know Witherden is the whipping boy but he may return to his best in a healthier, more competitive WCE side.

If Elliot Yeo took up a permanent role off half back it would make my job a lot easier, as would if Georgiades or Jackson came to WCE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Dev Roberston

Was in Brisbane's Top 5 for the finals series (their combined 3 games) for mine.

Given another preseason and further development and where Brisbane are at I cannot see them tossing Dev aside easily.

I just can't see where he would be made available unless we paid significant overs.

This is an insane take, in what world was Deven Robertson in Brisbanes top 3 final performers? He wouldn’t even be in their top 14

Hey lads. Currently doing a best 22 series for each team and the Eagles backline is the thing that has got me stumped.

Who fills in the last two spots in the best 22, plus ideally a third off the bench?

Currently have Edwards on the bench with Witherden and Jones on field, but also looking at names like Foley, Cole, Nelson, Rotham (especially) and even Petrevski-Seton.

I know Witherden is the whipping boy but he may return to his best in a healthier, more competitive WCE side.

If Elliot Yeo took up a permanent role off half back it would make my job a lot easier, as would if Georgiades or Jackson came to WCE.

Cheers.

Hurn-Barrass-Bazzo

Duggan-Gov-Chesser or Hough

That’d probably be my backline with Cole on the bench

Hurn-Barrass-Bazzo

Duggan-Gov-Chesser or Hough

That’d probably be my backline with Cole on the bench
Also considered Chesser but was trying to stay clear of anyone who hasn't played a game. What are your thoughts on Jamaine Jones? Don't really know if he actually cemented a spot, or played due to injuries.

Edit: Also have Hough already on the bench as a MId (wing)

Cheers.
Cole back pocket, yeo hbf

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 26 isn't a bargain but neither is it overpaying for a ready-to-go player with a few years in the system. He's a known quantity whereas pick 26 in what is being called a shallow draft isn't. I'd be happy for him to be part of the rebuild.
Same, can live with that, he also brings some future leadership qualities as well.

Cheers.
B: Hurn - Barass - Cole
HB: Yeo - McGovern (Bazzo) - Duggan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back