List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Heard some Curtin news this morning, the appreciation from a certain club is at high levels and direct touching may have occurred.
No chance he lasts past 3 if a certain club has that along with 2.

Meh. We will get him back when that rabble is sent to Tassie. Or earlier if he wants to.

Heard some Curtin news this morning, the appreciation from a certain club is at high levels and direct touching may have occurred.
Well then. Seems like everyone is reaching the same conclusion that Reid/Curtin/McKercher are the 3 best prospects. Pretty much rules out us trading back with anyone but North, surely.

So your trading TB for pick 11 or 12 that’s the point Keys is making not pick 7. That’s the void!!!

I interpreted it as there was a void of talent around where that live pick landed.

I rate Wilson. And others around that pick.

And I also think if Barrass is traded we get more than a pick around 11 to 14. Some swaps of 2nds and 3rds for example.

Well then. Seems like everyone is reaching the same conclusion that Reid/Curtin/McKercher are the 3 best prospects. Pretty much rules out us trading back with anyone but North, surely.

How did you know which team I was talking about?

Well, here's hoping they actually get pick 3, so another certain club doesn't make the mistake of trading back from pick 1.

I interpreted it as there was a void of talent around where that live pick landed.

And I also think if Barrass is traded we get more than a pick around 11 to 14. Some swaps of 2nds and 3rds for example.
No it will be sold as pick 7 which we all know it won’t be that’s why I would avoid it.

Keep TB unless the offer is exceptional

TB 36 and 38

7, 22, 24

So pick 7 which ends up 12ish. And we upgrade two picks. Swans have an academy kid to pay for with 33, and would retain a late 2nd early 3rd for the draft.

That would be our preference.

Feel the Swans would offer their F2nd and this drafts pick 22 plus 26 for TB and 38.

Id hold firm on their 1st in any deal.

TB 36 and 38

7, 22, 24

So pick 7 which ends up 12ish. And we upgrade two picks. Swans have an academy kid to pay for with 33, and would retain a late 2nd early 3rd for the draft.

That would be our preference.

Feel the Swans would offer their F2nd and this drafts pick 22 plus 26 for TB and 38.

Id hold firm on their 1st in any deal.

I think we could get one of their 2nds if we’re giving up our 3rd maybe, don’t see them giving us both even with picks coming back their way.

If it did happen though, we’d be in the box seat for the Suns first.

Could have 1,5 and 7 in the top 10 alone.

Reid, Duursma or Watson and O’Sullivan would be an incredible haul, that’s without factoring in we’d still have 19 and later picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Sanders is in the open draft if this is the case. (and TB goes)

Reid/Sanders sounds sexy AF
Reid/Wizard - Both match winners.

* this, beat North this week, beat the Dockers, finish 17th, let North get picks 1 and 2 and draft Reid and McKercher and just take Curtin with 3.

Who’s with me?

Picking a KPP when we need mids is how we got into this mess in the first place

Isnt that what we need more of?

Especially with so many kids coming in. We need a couple of big blokes who dont take a backwards step. Who will throw their weight around and cause some chaos and ball spilliages for the younger lighter players to feed off.

We dont want skinny kids doing that week in week out.
Yep. Just want him leading the youngsters astray off field.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

* this, beat North this week, beat the Dockers, finish 17th, let North get picks 1 and 2 and draft Reid and McKercher and just take Curtin with 3.

Who’s with me?

Would love that but it looks like North are very into Curtin and I reckon they go Reid and Curtin.

McKercher's Tassie links not ideal for us imo.

Swaps are just sweeteners.

Personally wouldn’t even consider swapping TB for Darcy Wilson. Kid could end up good and in seven years time I have to eat humble pie but there’s also a really good chance he’s just alright at Afl level. I’d imagine he projects as a high half forward or Wingman at Afl level.

Personally I’d be saying to the Swans keep your first but we want the Suns pick or a pick in the top 5 for TB or no deal. Help us get it. Pick 5 is probably pick 7 on draft night.

That’s the juicy part of the draft the top 5. Not pick 12-14.
One of Watson, Duursma or O ‘Sullivan
will still likely be there at pick 7 on draft night.
The point is I’d want a top 10 talent as minimum for TB and I think that’s fair and still risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back