List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

Partway through the last quarter of the Carlton game and Fisher has had 28 disposals at 86% efficiency.
Certainly has looked good back at AFL llevel and would be an improvement on a number of players we have on our list atm.

No idea why some on here don’t want him. Instant improvement on half our list… certainly a better pick up than sps ever will be and Paddy Dow also as an inside mid would help.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Dow and fisher staring for the blues.!
Interesting that one of the main criticisms about Dow was/is that he avoids or fumbles when there's contact, however, today he's been close to the best in congestion. Unlike our midfield Carlton's midfield depth bats very deep if Dow can keep producing like today. Particularly when you consider Carlton's midfield is without Walsh and Cerra today.

Harley Reid stepped up to the VFL level and dominated through the midfield for Essendon in this game. Matched the physicality, winning tough hard footy at the contest, then showed his absolute class on the outside. Took a mark of the season contender to top off a fantastic day.

Unfortunately the audio quality of the broadcast was terrible.

First time I’d seen any Reid highlights. Looks like an absolute gun. Has better footskills than I expected based on how he had been described. Seems like he’ll have an impact anywhere you play him. Dangerfield without the blistering speed or shanky kicks

First time I’d seen any Reid highlights. Looks like an absolute gun. Has better footskills than I expected based on how he had been described. Seems like he’ll have an impact anywhere you play him. Dangerfield without the blistering speed or shanky kicks
If you want to see more of him I have similar reels from every game he's played this season on my channel.

You’re right he doesn’t have Dangerfield speed but he’s still pretty quick. He rarely get chased down once he breaks away.
The bit he hasn’t showed as much of this year is his aerial skills but that hanger reminded us of it.

You’re right he doesn’t have Dangerfield speed but he’s still pretty quick. He rarely get chased down once he breaks away.
The bit he hasn’t showed as much of this year is his aerial skills but that hanger reminded us of it.
Yeah I reckon he's much better overhead than Danger. If a team wanted to, they could play him as a Tom Stewart style intercept defender.

those weren't even highlights. just every touch. kid is a :gun:

Yeah I reckon he's much better overhead than Danger. If a team wanted to, they could play him as a Tom Stewart style intercept defender.
Haha I’ve mentioned before how he could be a gun half back because that’s where he dominated last year. Fair to say some posters were not impressed 🤣

Haha I’ve mentioned before how he could be a gun half back because that’s where he dominated last year. Fair to say some posters were not impressed 🤣
Yeah he's so prolific as a clearance player, especially at center bounce, that I think that's where he'll be most effective. He's just so versatile with his skill set that he gives you a lot of options to play with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t tell if Freo losing against Brisbane makes us beating them more or less likely tbh.

On one hand, they mathematically can’t make finals now (because other teams in the mix above them play each other) and thus have nothing to play for, but on the other hand there’s now no pressure

I can’t tell if Freo losing against Brisbane makes us beating them more or less likely tbh.

On one hand, they mathematically can’t make finals now (because other teams in the mix above them play each other) and thus have nothing to play for, but on the other hand there’s now no pressure
in addition the only bragging rights they have left are derby rights. ie. Their Grand Final.

Is Curtin better than say who the top three (24 Draft)?

I get he is from WA but we could be giving up another Reid. I can’t understand the fear of drafting kids from Victoria.

Nothing to do with go-home factor.

At some point in the very near future the club will need to draft a key defender.

I rate Curtin as superior to any of the defensive prospects in the 2024 class.

With that in mind, an argument can be made to bring the pick forward to this year for use on the better key option.

It'll come down to ladder position at the end of the day, we get last we get Reid, We get 2nd last we go Curtin. If North have 2nd they'll take Curtin and we wont get a look in.

It'll come down to ladder position at the end of the day, we get last we get Reid, We get 2nd last we go Curtin. If North have 2nd they'll take Curtin and we wont get a look in.

I still don’t rule out us trading 1 tbh, as much as I’d hate it. The only deal I’d split 1 for is 2 and 3 (if North somehow get that for McKay leaving)

The issue becomes what happens if Norf get their top band compo for McKay and get, in that hypothetical, 1 and 2 and take Reid and Curtin

In which case my hypothesis is we take McKercher after bidding on Jed Walter

Curtin won’t drop back down to the colts for the foreseeable future, according to his colts coach. Also, not surprisingly, he had mentioned Eagles and Norf both very keen. No surprises there.
Gotta be in it to win it, use Barrass currency to trade up for gold coast pick 5 and if Curtin doesn't make it through just take Duursma and hope a KPD like murphy slides to 19 or try and trade up for dogs pick 13 with points for Croft or our F2, use a later pick for Brockman.

Walking away from this draft with Reid, Duursma and Murphy would be wet dream stuff.

Youth:
Murphy Bazzo
Chesser Hough
Jones Ginbey Burgiel
Maric Allen Duursma
Long Jilliams Brockman
Billiams Hewett Reid

Int: Culley, Petrucelle, Barnett

Try and develop Jamieson, Barnett or Jilliams skills as KPDs, and look for proven 1v1 defenders for BP/HBF with MSD picks. go into 2025 with another top midfielder like Arlo Draper in the rotation from our first pick and highly prioritise landing Naughton as a FA to play at Full Forward with Allen at CHF being fed by a midfield of Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, Draper, Cullley.

If needed, FA or trade for elite midfielder or CHB (busslinger homesick?) for the cherry on top in 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back