List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

BBW banned for the derby. Have a horrible feeling we will challenge it…

Surely have to challenge that.

Shoulder to head from someone the size of B.Williams at medium impact would end up requiring concussion protocol.

Ridiculous for that to be graded other than low impact.

So I spent an afternoon at Optus to see the Lions v The Unwashed

Some reflections
1. Good that Melbourne’s R1 and R2 Freo picks stay intact giving us more IF the Godfather offer comes. Options are good, we don’t necessarily take it but better to have options
2. Lions will not go premiers imho. A bunch of front runners and not good enough to win consistently in September. Expect Dogs end up picks 11 and 15. The picks will be tempting - even if it is just pick 11
3. Touk Miller should never have been banned for trying to elongate Zorko’s willie- it should be a weekly AFL endorsed contest as to which opponent can get the most extension. Zorko deserves all the attention he gets and I am surprised he has not been Andy Brayshawed so far
4. Devon Robertson is a lions dildo- he is manipulated so callously in and out of the Pussie’s line up he should just walk himself to the PSD and join us. He is wasted with Fagan.
5. Not sure what the AFL are doing banning Bailey. Anyway, his being out will ensure we don’t win the derby and protect pick 1. Rotham to ruck - ha ha ha
6. I am reflecting that Simmo had the chance to think about life without Tom Barrass. He can think whether he fancies a Barrass replacement that will be there for our next flag or keep a solid bookend that will be gone when we next compete
7. Freo below Suns keeps Sun’s R1 valuable but not must have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind if Harley plays in defence with stints on ball in his first two season. Not only do we need to protect him but with Bunga gone he might actually be able to provide a bit of what Bunga does offensively

I think he’ll definitely start off HBF, then have small stints in midfield and sometimes rest forward. That’s the great thing about him, he can play in every area of the ground and at a high level, makes his development a lot easier.

Is drafting another young ruck just after we drafted Barnett mean we don't have faith that Barnett can be a #1 ruck?
Probably. Barnett does have athletic profile to become key position player, kpd for example.

I was initially a bit worried about his height for a new age ruck but his leap is pretty damn good.

I just think Edwards could become elite, so at 19 he's very tempting

I think he’ll definitely start off HBF, then have small stints in midfield and sometimes rest forward. That’s the great thing about him, he can play in every area of the ground and at a high level, makes his development a lot easier.

Yeah would maybe be like the Jake Stringer role at Essendon (when he wasn’t trash) last year until he develops a tank. Take centre bounces given his stoppage ability and then shift forward (or back) with someone else coming in as a follower once the ball clears (Duggan type)

Probably. Barnett does have athletic profile to become key position player, kpd for example.

I was initially a bit worried about his height for a new age ruck but his leap is pretty damn good.

Or Goad with Ports R2 or our 43

Him, Ginbey and Yeo should be rotating tgrough the flank.

Those stressing about height for KPD should stress less.
Out of the top ten scoring Key FWDs this year only 2 top 200cm and both aren't even in the top 5 scorers.
(excluded small forwards and stats might not include goals this round).

Name - Goals - Height
Curnow - 68 - 194cm
Walker - 63 - 194cm
Larkey - 51 - 198cm
Hawkins - 47 - 197cm
J/Cameron - 46 - 196cm
O.Allen - 45 - 196cm
Daniher - 45 - 201cm
B.King - 40 - 202cm
Naughton - 40 - 196cm
Lukosius - 36 - 195

Bazzo is listed at 195cm So height isn't really an issue. Needs to get bigger muscle wise so he's not pushed around as much but should be fine.
Most of the damaging forwards are not 200cm plus in height.
Might want to pick another one at 197cm but no need to go taller than that.

Those stressing about height for KPD should stress less.
Out of the top ten scoring Key FWDs this year only 2 top 200cm and both aren't even in the top 5 scorers.
(excluded small forwards and stats might not include goals this round).

Name - Goals - Height
Curnow - 68 - 194cm
Walker - 63 - 194cm
Larkey - 51 - 198cm
Hawkins - 47 - 197cm
J/Cameron - 46 - 196cm
O.Allen - 45 - 196cm
Daniher - 45 - 201cm
B.King - 40 - 202cm
Naughton - 40 - 196cm
Lukosius - 36 - 195

Bazzo is listed at 195cm So height isn't really an issue. Needs to get bigger muscle wise so he's not pushed around as much but should be fine.
Most of the damaging forwards are not 200cm plus in height.
Might want to pick another one at 197cm but no need to go taller than that.

Curnow inflated with 17 goals v Wce .
Tex with the 10 goals as well..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't see Harley playing back, he's the opposite of Daicos and Sheezle in terms of contested balance.

It's neither the best use of ability and it would expose his kicking to scrutiny & pressure. Much better he finds his limit forward of centre.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Agree If Edwards is available at Pick 19 we will take..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back