List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Getting closer but would probably want a future pick upgrades from GWS. The desperation in McCartneys voice just strikes a over the barrel trade spanking so lets go for it

Pick 1 and future 2nd rounder for picks 4,5,9 and 2024 1st rounder and 2024 3rd rounder

Has any team ever sacrificed 4 first rounders for pick 1? Seems unrealistic to me.

GWS trading 3 first rounders last year for pick 1 is the most someone has paid for pick 1 by a mile so dont think they would now offer 4 this year. Happy to be proved wrong though :)

Only players showing that the are draft worthy from WA today are:

Edwards
Curtin
Hardeman
Hall
Would have a hard time parting with a top 20 pick for any of these today

Based on what I saw today I'm starting to become more receptive to a split of one that could net McKercher and Sanders then taking O'sullivan/Curtin at 19, perhaps livingstone with a PP in the 20s and then trying to get Brockman with a pick in the late 30s or Collard post 40.

Mckercher just knows where to run every time to get the ball. I could see him becoming similar to an Andrew Brayshaw.

Playing with fire with Tas coming in soon I guess.

Has any team ever sacrificed 4 first rounders for pick 1? Seems unrealistic to me.

GWS trading 3 first rounders last year for pick 1 is the most someone has paid for pick 1 by a mile so dont think they would now offer 4 this year. Happy to be proved wrong though :)
In such a strong draft it's not going to happen.

Would have a hard time parting with a top 20 pick for any of these today

Based on what I saw today I'm starting to become more receptive to a split of one that could net McKercher and Sanders then taking O'sullivan/Curtin at 19, perhaps livingstone with a PP in the 20s and then trying to get Brockman with a pick in the late 30s or Collard post 40.

Mckercher just knows where to run every time to get the ball. I could see him becoming similar to an Andrew Brayshaw.

Playing with fire with Tas coming in soon I guess.
Agreed with McKercher....but hopefully come west for 6 to 8 years. Wins a flag and brownlow before going home to play in his home state

Then trade is for 2 first rounds to help the next rebuild 😅

WA’s opening U18 game this morning should hopefully be some bright spot on an otherwise dark weekend. Early glimpse at whether splitting pick 1 for local talent is worthy of consideration at all.

On the topic of pick 1 it’s a shame Vic Country don’t open their tournament until next Sunday. Keen to see how Reid goes at the Championships against the best of the best in the country in his cohort.
Far out. This post didn’t age well. At least if we (now seemingly inexplicably) split our pick the WA kids will be conditioned to copping a hiding.

McKercher and Sanders pushing up the draft board.

Collectively the worst skills set of any WA team I have watched.

I have seen worse teams than this one, however never seen a team with so many ball butchers.

WA h ave some elite kicking skills … if you assume they are aiming for allies players every time (edit: what monocle said)

Pretty tough looking like a draftable talent in the WA team. The only players I have had any confidence in with ball in hand is Curtin, and maybe Hall. Hardemann has a powerful kick so will fit in well in West Coasts bomb it long Game plan.

Thought Sanders was best on based on quality of disposal and setting up play, like McKerchers ability to absorb pressure and make the right decisions to free up team mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collectively the worst skills set of any WA team I have watched.

I have seen worse teams than this one, however never seen a team with so many ball butchers.
Your not wrong, hard to work out how good the Allies are because WA was awful. Bad decision making, terrible delivery into the forward line. Beaten up around the contest and caned on the outside.

I’m excited to see more of Duursma, I am starting to become really high on him

I too want to see more of him as, he is a tease, he has a habit of floating in and out of games and is often a burst player.
He has all the skills to be single digit draft pick, but he needs to find a lot more consistency in his game.

I aslo want to see him become a more balanced mid, as at the moment he is predominantly an outside mid/tricky medium forward, what he does in the air marking is super freaky.

I too want to see more of him as, he is a tease, he has a habit of floating in and out of games and is often a burst player.
He has all the skills to be single digit draft pick, but he needs to find a lot more consistency in his game.

I aslo want to see him become a more balanced mid as at the moment he is predominantly an outside mid/tricky medium forward, what he does in the air marking is super freaky.

Agreed, if he can play a consistent 4 quarters and improve his midfield craft though, his ceiling is limitless.

If we’re splitting picks, somehow ending up with McKercher and Duursma would have me very happy.

Only players showing that the are draft worthy from WA today are:

Edwards
Curtin
Hardeman
Hall
First time I have seen hall play and that raking left boot 🤌 chef kiss !

Running through the corridor and hitting flat 40m+ passes

Draftable alone just on that . Like Jeremy Sharpe with a contested game

Last edited:
The lack of talent in the W.A team is just another pointer to just how woefully inept the WAFC is.

For 10+ years now these muppets have spent more time watching basketball and rugby then AFL in terms of trying to lure talent over to the WAFL colts system and it shows with the kicking skills and footy smarts in a team like todays

Best thing for all is for WAFC to go bankrupt so a 100% cleanout top to bottom can occur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back