List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
I was reluctant to trade pick 19 due to its 2nd night draft loading but now its pick 21 I'm all in on trading it for GC pick 4 .

If we have 2 and 4 I believe Curtin will slip to 4 .

Hawks at 3 have just drafted Granger barrass 2 years ago with a very high pick and they have macabe who is a first round F/S KPP this year .

Pick 2 McKercher
Pick 4 Curtin
Yeah getting GCs pick is a must now. If we walk away with Curtin and one of Duursma/McKercher then it’s not all bad

The thing is...

once we get on top of our injuries we'll be pushing up the ladder no matter who we take.

Injury management and fitness is more important right now than who we take imo.

We can't get any momentum.

When we do, we start looking competitive

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thats why it'd be handy to make the most of our time at the bottom with the best draft picks possible, whether its the draft position or the number of good picks acquired for that pick

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've said plenty about Reid and his potential downsides in regards to being a full time mid. I really don't think the club loses much from a draft perspective. Who the club is likely to draft in the second round is likely still there. Really depends on McKercher's ankle injury and who WCE draft. I very much prefer McKercher over Curtin at this stage.

As far as i'm concerned Reid isn't even the most talented player in the pool (he is more talented than McKercher or Curtin). He does some really, really great things and those things he does he does really, really well. However there are a couple of red flags and i think Eastern Rangers and I are in agreement with pretty much all of them.

Talent only gets you so far.
Who do you think is the most talented kid?

Yeah getting GCs pick is a must now. If we walk away with Curtin and one of Duursma/McKercher then it’s not all bad

Other teams can comfortably outbid us for GC’s pick 4 unfortunately. Our 2nd, Port’s 2nd and our future 2nd plus promising not to bid on Walter at 2 could get it done, but I doubt it, also don’t see the club doing that anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now North have pick #1 I reckon the AFL will see it differently and late first round compensation ....sounds dodgy but the AFL system is a little dodgy at times but NM have a generational player don't need the extras .

Brave man predicting what the vAFL will do.

Their formula for who gets what is guarded in secrecy tighter than the Coca Cola and KFC ingredients.

vAFL make decision on the fly depending on what agenda they are wanting to run with on the day in question.

Now North have pick #1 I reckon the AFL will see it differently and late first round compensation ....sounds dodgy but the AFL system is a little dodgy at times but NM have a generational player don't need the extras .
Agree. Think they can’t afford to give them 1 and 2. Could have gotten away giving them 2 and 3.

If they go end of first round they can also probably give them sanders as well.

Either way we will get nothing extra.

Im a firm believer in different style mids, we have a shuey similar in hewett which i think mckercher is the same. Ginbey and culley are ball winners. I feel like we are missing a midfield driver/navigator... I kind of want Sanders. How does it happen? no idea obviously not 2 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back