List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
In terms of rankings going into tonight I'd have;

Tier 1 talent
Johnson
Goater
Draper
Bazzo
Sonsie
*Players are in order of talent

Tier 2 talent
Taylor
Knevitt
Fahey (GWS Academy)
Roberts
Murley
MacDonald
Clarke
Owens (Saints Academy)
Windhager (Saints Academy)
Dittmar
Howes

Tier 3 Talent
Soligo
Rankin
Hough
Curtis
Butler
Conway
Long
Dean (Haven't seen him play VFL so he could be tier 1)
Molan
Warner
Banks
Tunstill

Ideally we can land a tier 1 by trading up or one landing in our lap, and a tier 2 with our next if we haven't used it trying to get a tier 1.

jetta couldn't cut it as a mid . Are you trying to prove my point ?

He was AA with 40 goals off the wing with Sydney in 2012, pretty sure he could "cut it".

Jetta couldnt cut it? LOL.

I'll take a two times premiership wing / HFF / HBF with that skill set any day.

Because we sure dont have it now do we?

I'll take 17 Jetta possessions over 30 Gaff possessions every day. Impact per possession way better than Gaff. Team moves forward fast, not sideways slowly.
We traded for jetta and was in and out of the side for 2 years trying to play wing . It wasn't until he was put back that he excelled for us .

Your saying chesser is an outside mid in one breath then revert to he plays like jetta a Low disposal high impact HBF .

He was AA with 40 goals off the wing with Sydney in 2012, pretty sure he could "cut it".
Jetta was the deepest forward playing pagans paddock even though that was on the wing . He would then race back to goal trying to get behind the last defender .

Chesser does address an area of desperate need IMO. He said in one of those interviews that he's most comfortable on the wing, and besides gaff we've basically had a revolving door of part-timers/ spuds through that position, none of whom had anything resembling speed.

I'm pumped. The guy seems like a great dude (culture is important to success, and maybe we lost a bit of this when Masto, Jetta, and Shcoey got the boot), and will hopefully help us address our woefully slow/stagnant ball movement.
I agree. The doubters see a HB. He only was a part time HB. I see a right footed winger. Something we have cried out for. He also sees himself as a mid when he strengthens up.

Last edited:
Knightmare also had chesser falling out of his power rankings entirely after not being impressed with him this year i believe so hopefully he's wrong on him

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Pretty sure I read that he only watched video of him and never saw him live, hence the rating. Can't rate someone you don't get an opportunity to watch I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, come on Eagles, lets pick up a REAL midfielder now...............for the midfield!
That still leaves you room for your tall pick and your left right out pick...?

Just had a thought, after drafting a key forward and trying to turn him into a defensive wing, any chance that now we’ve drafted a wing/halfback we’ll try to turn him into a centre half-forward?

Just had a thought, after drafting a key forward and trying to turn him into a defensive wing, any chance that now we’ve drafted a wing/halfback we’ll try to turn him into a centre half-forward?

only if he can’t cut it as a wing/halfback, then yes we will try him in another position. If doesn’t cut it in that position, delist

only if he can’t cut it as a wing/halfback, then yes we will try him in another position. If doesn’t cut it in that position, delist

I was joking, but oh good we’re already talking about delisting the first round pick we took yesterday.

So as we are with state of play, here are the list changes
1637820472486.png

And here is our list profile with an assumed 5 picks available to us today, Friday and supplemental. I have updated where I categorise some players (Foley and Snake as Utility). For the current balanced or inside mids under 28 come end 2022, we have 4 who have played less than 15 games for our club (OK SPS has played some for Carlton but he was last playing VFL and is a hope not any certainty).
1637820546319.png

I was joking, but oh good we’re already talking about delisting the first round pick we took yesterday.
I am not reading it that way. Gross disappointment we did not address our Achilles Heel. Chesser will be good. When we did the mock WCE draft, I took him at 24 for Geelong and was very happy to do so. I am not hearing delisting calls, I am hearing regret calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back